Astronomy General Space Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Very interesting. Could there be an earth like planet with life in there?

Depends how rowdy the neighborhood has been.

Geospatial analysis alone will not answer this question.

That was incredible.
Watching that launch was just amazing. Wonder how the core landed
It was absolutely amazing.

The landing of the 9’s looked incredible.

That SpaceX launch was fantastic!
The landing of the boosters was jaw dropping. Huge leap forward right there.

Waiting for the conspiracy thread to open on space X.
In the quad frame shot of the boosters landing, there must have been only 1 camera so they doubled up that scene. It looks like "both" boosters land on the same pad. You can see flames from a second booster though.
Our conspiracy guys are getting slack. Not a peep from them.
The poor flat earthers will be in overdrive.

That SpaceX launch was fantastic!
The landing of the boosters was jaw dropping. Huge leap forward right there.

Waiting for the conspiracy thread to open on space X.
In the quad frame shot of the boosters landing, there must have been only 1 camera so they doubled up that scene. It looks like "both" boosters land on the same pad. You can see flames from a second booster though.
Our conspiracy guys are getting slack. Not a peep from them.
The poor flat earthers will be in overdrive.
Did you see that flat-earther who has been trying to launch his own homemade rocket to prove the earth is flat failed again?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-google-artificial-intelligence-a8111256.html
“NASA has found an entire solar system with as many planets as our own.

The discovery of a new planet around the Kepler-90 star, which looks like our own sun, means the distant solar system has a total of eight known planets. And those planets look like those in our own neighbourhood: rocky planets orbit close to the star, with gas giants further away.

The star and its family of planets were already known about, having been detected by the Kepler space telescope. But the breakthrough came when astronomers found the new world, which was done using Google’s artificial intelligence technology.”

Very interesting. Could there be an earth like planet with life in there?

Even with tech advances, we will always be seeing Kepler from 2.5 billion years or so ago. Who knows what could have happened there in the interim.

The mind boggling distances and eons involved don't seem to get mentioned much. Amazes me that light/energy can travel so far

Even with tech advances, we will always be seeing Kepler from 2.5 billion years or so ago. Who knows what could have happened there in the interim.

The mind boggling distances and eons involved don't seem to get mentioned much. Amazes me that light/energy can travel so far

I am still hoping that in the next 40 years we will be able to open up a wormhole the stuff Micho Kaku talks about to travel between galaxies, no chance i know. But its the only way we can travel to other galaxies at point of time. String theory gives this a chance.

The core is headed for the ISS?

the middle core, since reported that it didn't land on the platform (the one in the ocean)

"The center core was only able to relight one of the three engines necessary to land, and so it hit the water at 300 miles per hour. Two engines on the drone ship were taken out when it crashed, SpaceX CEO Elon Musk said in a press call after the rocket launch."
https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/6/16980954/spacex-falcon-heavy-rocket-middle-core-failed-landing

...still want an incredible achievement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woah I feel the frontiers of knowledge rolling back

Did the mannequin have a facsimile of Musks penis in there too?

_99915960_1.jpg

it'll be safe in orbit for millions of years! is what they are saying...

but surely the parts of the car will actually wear over time??
For sure.

Plus it’s overshot the Mars orbit and is headed for an asteroid belt, I thought I read.

For sure.

Plus it’s overshot the Mars orbit and is headed for an asteroid belt, I thought I read.
Imagine the GPS : '' turn left at the next asteroid , turn left at the next asteroid- recalculating''

it'll be safe in orbit for millions of years! is what they are saying...

but surely the parts of the car will actually wear over time??

The car will fall apart within 12 months, probably sooner. The synthetic textiles used for the interior, rubber etc will become very brittle rapidly as the UV stabilisers used in the manufacturing process will have no effect in space. The metals used could last for millions of years along with the glass as long as they aren't hit by space debris. The cars computer is stuffed so no way Bowie is playing on loop...not that it matters, sound cannot travel in the vacuum of space.

They will get brittle but what force will be applied to it to cause any disruption and damage? Even if every rivet or screw was instantaneously removed it is ballistic, no resistance and all moving the same speed in the same direction.

Unless it buzzes something it won't fall apart until someone touches it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back