Toast Pick #10 - Welcome to Carlton Lochie O'Brien!

Remove this Banner Ad

I like this guy, looks neat and a good runner. He's probably not super quick like Fisher and he's not overly big, but I wonder where his position will be? Wing, half back or center? I hope we leave him in the side and give him a good go of it. Do like a player that can handle the footy well.

I like this guy, looks neat and a good runner. He's probably not super quick like Fisher and he's not overly big, but I wonder where his position will be? Wing, half back or center? I hope we leave him in the side and give him a good go of it. Do like a player that can handle the footy well.

Wing

Can run all day, lethal left peg

He's actually way quicker than Fisher, as is Cuningham, Garlett, Pickett, Lang, Byrne, Polson, Dow and even Thomas and Williamson on a good day. Fisher's pace is well above AFL average, but it's not AFL elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Jim's personal vendetta against Fisher continues.
3.03 at the combine, but by all means let's just exaggerate his capabilities. He's smart with the footy and has a good burst but he's not that quick.

Vendetta... oh the ironing...

3.03 at the combine, but by all means let's just exaggerate his capabilities. He's smart with the footy and has a good burst but he's not that quick.

Vendetta... oh the ironing...
I'd say he is quicker than Thomas and Lang at least

But this thread isn't about Fisher so perhaps we can focus on the deficiencies of a 19 year in other thread

I'd say he is quicker than Thomas and Lang at least
Thomas "on a good day." Daisy was drafted so high on the back of his speed/endurance mix. Lang is line-ball as well, but his endurance base has always been higher, than Fisher so he's going to have more moments until Fisher can match that.

It's important to remember that this is reflective of how much speed we've tried to acquire in recent years, rather than Fisher's ability being poor. I'm just not a fan of the typical exaggerations we see around here (Kerridge/Ed/Murphy/Thomas are slow, Fisher's pace is elite, etc).

Thomas "on a good day." Daisy was drafted so high on the back of his speed/endurance mix.

Lang is line-ball as well, but his endurance base has always been higher, so he's going to have more moments until Fisher can match that.
Perhaps when he was drafted sure but injuries and age have caught up with poor Daisy and whilst I'm happy to admit he has performed well this year Fisher would burn him off in a foot race. From what I've seen of Lang he doesn't strike me as a dashing footballer with raw pace off the mark but I don't have his current sprint numbers in front of me to confirm that

Didn't expect his inside and defensive game to be this advanced this early. This kid is determined to succeed.

6 contested possessions and 4 clearances is a great return for a touted outside midfielder playing his 2nd game.

Massive future.
Um this thread is about Fisher's speed, not some 2nd gamer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back