News Lochie O’Brien and Jordan Boyd Re-sign for 2 more years

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with Boyd cause I believe he’s in our best side next year.

I feel like O’Briens about to get whipped hard in here. Had a good year but it’s strange considering we are actually after wingmen and he’s kept a spot over stocker who definitely does have more upside despite the fitness issues and whatever else is going on

Well done to both - thoroughly deserved.

I feel like O’Briens about to get whipped hard in here. Had a good year but it’s strange considering we are actually after wingmen and he’s kept a spot over stocker who definitely does have more upside despite the fitness issues and whatever else is going on
Why does Stocker have more upside than O'Brien?

Well done to both - thoroughly deserved.

Why does Stocker have more upside than O'Brien?
Just tough as nails and could be midfielder that gets 10+ contested touches a week if he got fit. That sorta footy stands up in finals more than the way o brien plays. Think that’s been shown by the first week of finals with the pressure game going through the roof. Had only 3 contested touches a game. I get that it’s his role but contested footy goes up a lot more in finals and he has shown repeatedly he doesn’t handle that well, the pressure gets to him and his elite trait of kicking worsens. He fumbles a lot under that heat too. I think stocker has more self belief which is an underrated trait in a footballer. I think if he gets fit he’s made for the big moments stock and I hope he gets that opportunity at another club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on both of them. You can see how Lochie has worked on his deficiencies and got himself back into the mix. If he keeps up that effort to get better, think he's got another couple of gears to go. I had reservations on his physicality in a finals like game, but I was really impressed by how he competed in round 23, broke even in a lot of contests. Hoping he can keep that up and use his sometimes elite kicking to hurt teams the other way

Really bullish on Boyd. He's courageous and I think his kicking can be a weapon from defence

No, he's not.

Not on my watch.

LOB responded perfectly each time he was dropped to the 2s, hope this is what it takes for him to believe that he belongs on the big stage
Yeah hopefully, you don't want to be dropping the same players 3 times each season

Penny needs to drop and hopefully it will

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

“Upside” isn’t just about natural football ability. At AFL level it also includes willing to commit to team culture, which includes fitness. A wingmen needs to run all day, which LoB does.

Well done to both LoB and Boyd. Well deserved.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Boyd's kicking out of back 50 on the run is up there with the best in the comp, finds targets others wouldn't even dare to try and hit, really opens things up for us and we really, really missed him after injury. Well done to Austin for identifying him from relative obscurity.

Just tough as nails and could be midfielder that gets 10+ contested touches a week if he got fit. That sorta footy stands up in finals more than the way o brien plays. Think that’s been shown by the first week of finals with the pressure game going through the roof. Had only 3 contested touches a game. I get that it’s his role but contested footy goes up a lot more in finals and he has shown repeatedly he doesn’t handle that well, the pressure gets to him and his elite trait of kicking worsens. He fumbles a lot under that heat too. I think stocker has more self belief which is an underrated trait in a footballer. I think if he gets fit he’s made for the big moments stock and I hope he gets that opportunity at another club

I agree with your sentiment on LOB. Tom Phillips got delisted by Hawthorn and would have been a significant upgrade as a wingman over LOB, so disappointing that we didn’t take that opportunity (although I acknowledge we don’t have much of an idea on salaries)

Happy to keep Boyd around, would have preferred a 12 month deal though compared to 2 years due to list spots looking tight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back