2018 GF v Tigers selection between Atkins or Knights

Rat v Knighter

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure you can just bag Atkins for not showing up in that GF, at least 20 didn't and Knights is in that group.

In saying that, it is time to move on, it was a s**t day but yeah, 7 months on is time for all lessons to be learnt and move on, not keep dragging it up targeting individuals like it was just them that caused us to lose on the day.

This isn't about 7 months ago, this is in 4 months time.
I never mentioned anything about last years GF ?

Don't see them vying for the same position really.
Atkins could be our Isaac Smith if he put his mind to it. Knights is a hard edged run with player, a Robert Shirley with more grunt, or possibly a pressure forward when we need one. They both need to improve though to get a finals gig.
Yeah, I agree. I don't recall ever seeing Knight play on a wing.

It's a no-brainer for me. Atkins' best is much better than Knight's best and his worst if better than Knight's worst too. I like the way Knight goes about it but to me he is nowhere near the player that Atkins is.

Definitely Knight > Atkins.

With Smith back in the team, Milera can rotate between halfback and wing with Douglas.
With Sloane and 2x Crouch healthy, Gibbs can rotate between mid and wing with Seedsman.

This makes Atkins not required and allows Knight to bring defensive forward pressure.

My 2018 GF Team:

B: Brown - Hartigan - Doedee
HB: Laird - Talia - Smith
C: Gibbs - Sloane - Seedsman
HF: Lynch - Walker - Knight
F: Betts - Jenkins - McGovern
R: Jacobs - Crouch - Crouch
I: Greenwood - Douglas - Milera - Kelly

All 4 interchange players are super versatile and can play multiple roles as needed.

I’d like to see what RK adds to the side on a consistent basis in the second half of the year. I would’ve locked him over rat until the swans game when again, he gave me some hope of pressure performance.

Btw, thread needs more Ottens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGovern was better than Taylor on GF day
Ahhh no. Taylor may not have played a great game, arguably shouldn't have played at all, but let's not throw rubbish around.

Ahhh no. Taylor may not have played a great game, arguably shouldn't have played at all, but let's not throw rubbish around.

He's just a bit upset because Walker had a go at his most favouritest tennis player.

Terrible GF or not, there are very few players on our list who could say they've performed better in finals than Walker.

He's just a bit upset because Walker had a go at his most favouritest tennis player.

Terrible GF or not, there are very few players on our list who could say they've performed better in finals than Walker.
Does all this animosity go back to Tex calling some galoot a galoot?

Yeah, I agree. I don't recall ever seeing Knight play on a wing.

I agree, for me the thought of Knight on the wing dates back to when he was a 1-10 gamer, when we were trying to find where he fits. He did seem like a potential wingman at the time. His best game was tagging Selwood. Its a pretty good option to have up the sleave. He is a fierce tackler too. Its a good problem to have that we have a guy like Knight, who I would happily have in my best 22, but possibly can't squeeze him in.

I am not sure if we should be hard tagging, or doing something like we did against Cripps where CEY and Greenwood were rotating off him and going tight on him at every stoppage and trying to win the ball for themselves or stop his influence when he won it. We managed to hold Cripps pretty well (25 disposals).

I also dont see why we would consider Knight for Gallucci against Port either to be honest. Gallucci is a 4 gamer. The upside of playing him in this game is just massive. You could put 10 other games into him this year that wouldnt be as beneficial to him. For the GF, Knight may be the better option over Gallucci, but we need to put a few more games into Gallucci and see if he can keep improving. Its too early to make the call on Gallucci vs Knight and Murphy is also in the mix. The way our injury list is going all three should get more games before finals.

No I'm just using facts. Fact is an AFL captain had demons (or monkeys with cymbals) in his head the whole GF day. And after that day he went full drama queen. When expectation of a premiership exists, he's our worst finals player.

No I'm just using facts. Fact is an AFL captain had demons (or monkeys with cymbals) in his head the whole GF day. And after that day he went full drama queen. When expectation of a premiership exists, he's our worst finals player.

Utter rubbish.

Do us all a favour and go back to trolling bay 13 until you can think of something else to shoehorn into every thread other than 'Taylor iz bad'. When you've managed to come up with another point of debate that hasn't been repeated ad nauseam, by all means come back and let's have a discussion. Until then, don't.

Back