Cancelled
Jan 7, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
it's that time of the year again when your WA team is travelling well,
Which beast are you ??
Prematurely book flights now and possible get stuck with flights to defer to a later date
but you can stop worrying about it.
or
You pay top dollar when it's a certainty and you have a ticket.
or
Get patio and big screen ready for massive GF party at home.

The three away games after the bye could go a long way to deciding whether we finish top two or not:

R13: Sydney at SCG
R15: Adelaide at AO
R17: Collingwood at MCG

Its still May. A lot of teams have gone through bad patches through June & July before to tell me it isn't worth it just yet.

Keep a lid on it son! It's only half time.

In all seriousness, it's hard to keep the lid on right now. Just winning all our Optus games will get us to 15 wins, and we only play one current top 8 team in those. Pinch a couple on the road to get to 17 wins and we'd be locked in for top 2.

Enjoy the atmosphere and have a weekend away . At least booking now you can use velocity or frequent flyer points . Flights will get more expensive every game we win. So will accommodation . I know a couple ( Eagles Members )who have booked that GF weekend just yesterday. Its crazy when we do play in a GF cos it is still hard work securing the tickets even as members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we beat Sydney after the bye then im booking. If we can beat Sydney then imo we can win the premiership. Looking at the other realistic top 6 sides i feel as long as we play at our best with the way we match up on them we can beat them even with both teams playing their best. Beating a swans team with their best 22 playing in a finals game if we can't beat them in H+A? I'd rather not book.

If we beat collingwood at the G and Sydney at the SCG then i won't care about cost i'll be going whole hog corporate packages first tier on the wing.

Almost impossible that we stay in red hot form all year. I can see us dropping a few games at some stage and who knows what injuries we’ll have. You guys are destined to jinx this

The three away games after the bye could go a long way to deciding whether we finish top two or not:

R13: Sydney at SCG
R15: Adelaide at AO
R17: Collingwood at MCG

The win against the Hawks was vital, as WC may lose all three of those away games. If WC had have lost to the Hawks, as well as lose all three of those away games, it'd leave WC with having to win every other game for the rest of the regular season just to make the top 2. It'll take a 17 - 5 record to get top 2, hence the win against the Hawks gives WC some breathing room even if they lose all three of those away games.

I dont want to put a downer on anything but if we manage to make the gf its most likely going to be against a MCG tenant. Not sure I would want to spend money on what is a likely outcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back