Toast Welcome to Fit Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Go stand outside. YOu'll lose 2kg in sweat in about 3.5 minutes.
Yep .....just got back from Ko Samui .....9 days of this

73793872.jpg

Dropped 2.5 kg's in the week ......not a chocolate in sight ...unfortunately 2 kgs lost was muscle :(

Honestly, clothes shopping was depressing. The missus wanted me to look the best that I could and i understand that. But going into that changing room was soul destroying. I hated every moment. I love buying clothes again, I love going to the hairdresser.

But, yeh, i snuck on 3kgs over xmas. I've dropped beer and taken up whiskey and soda and the weight is again falling off me.
I wish someone told me a few years ago that weight loss becomes harder as we get older.

I dont recall it being quite this hard to pit on the weight.

Ran my first sub-30 5km run on the weekend (was sub 29 as well!)

Went from best time 34.05 to 28.56 within 2 weeks. Pretty happy with it (getting under 30min was a 2017 New Years Resolution!)

I ran my first non-stop 5km last weekend. Was a touch over 30mins (so not as fast), but made it all the way.

My old knees don't like it as much.

Okay, so my GF decided to go on a diet. After a few weeks she was happy with the result - something called the Ketosis Diet, where there are practically zero carbs, lots of protein, a bit of fat; eating the fat causes the body to burn the fat you already have, the protein keeps the muscle up, no carbs means there's nothing to store via turning into fat. I gave up soft drink completely about 3 weeks ago, chocolate donuts last week... beer not so much but that's my only vice right now*

I've been doing it officially for a week and a half - a little bit hungry, but i'm in a mental space right now where i could defeat Thanos, so i'm running with it. Lunch is a tin of tuna and about 100g of cheese. Breakfast is a protein bar. Dinner is something healthy - this week, it's capsicums stuffed with chicken mince, celery, mushrooms and chili. I'm hungry sometimes, but i willpower that mother *er.

So i step on the scales last night. The counter flicks up, and up... and stops. At 79.7 kg.

I'm like, WTF? I've never thought they were super accurate electronic scales, but i did think i looked thinner in the mirror, and i wore my really nice Calvin Klein suit yesterday that i bought about three years ago (it's so swish) and it fit like a dream. First time it's been under 80 since i don't remember when.

So that's re-energising. Next will be the 100/100 (100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups every day) and I will look like a ******* cheese grater when i take my shirt off.

Just feeling like this

yeah-im-pretty-93m56k.jpg

* that i can safely write here

Okay, so my GF decided to go on a diet. After a few weeks she was happy with the result - something called the Ketosis Diet, where there are practically zero carbs, lots of protein, a bit of fat; eating the fat causes the body to burn the fat you already have, the protein keeps the muscle up, no carbs means there's nothing to store via turning into fat. I gave up soft drink completely about 3 weeks ago, chocolate donuts last week... beer not so much but that's my only vice right now*

I've been doing it officially for a week and a half - a little bit hungry, but i'm in a mental space right now where i could defeat Thanos, so i'm running with it. Lunch is a tin of tuna and about 100g of cheese. Breakfast is a protein bar. Dinner is something healthy - this week, it's capsicums stuffed with chicken mince, celery, mushrooms and chili. I'm hungry sometimes, but i willpower that mother ******.

So i step on the scales last night. The counter flicks up, and up... and stops. At 79.7 kg.

I'm like, WTF? I've never thought they were super accurate electronic scales, but i did think i looked thinner in the mirror, and i wore my really nice Calvin Klein suit yesterday that i bought about three years ago (it's so swish) and it fit like a dream. First time it's been under 80 since i don't remember when.

So that's re-energising. Next will be the 100/100 (100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups every day) and I will look like a ******* cheese grater when i take my shirt off.

Just feeling like this

* that i can safely write here

Under 80 is a great feeling! I'm just above that at the moment, but I'm fine with that (I've floated between 78-82 over the past 2 months) - when 100+ was the normal (and <65 was the low point), I pretty happy to be at some stability. And just being fitter is lovely.

I've stopped going to the gym, but I have set up a weights area at home now. Key is to use it. I did a sit up challenge at the start of the year - surprisingly enjoyable (when doing it in front of Netflix)

I don't want my abs showing - need to be a bit humble ;)

The wife and i decided to lose some weight, she was having a competition at her office that ran for 3 months, i decided to join her and push her along, i dropped 15 kgs in about 4 months by eating healthy and smaller portions and walking, first time i have been under 100kg in a long time

I stopped drinking FUIC, that was hard, that was usually my breakfast, no soft drinks, might have one occasionally now, cut back on beer as well, wasn't too hard as i dont drink as much as i used to.

hadn't jumped on the scales for about a month after the competition ended, jumped on last week and was at 93kg, i had put on half a kilo since it ended, i was happy with that as we have cut back a lot on walking due to the weather, but have been doing more weights though

dont feel as hungry as i used to, even though eating smaller portions and no junk food, best thing we have done in along time

Given up for a few weeks.

Dropped 8kgs then platued for months only losing grams a week.

Then over easter put back on a 2 kgs in two weeks and haven't been able to shake it since.

A little bit sick of trying at this stage.

You can do it buddy. It's just the carbs. * those right off and you're good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updates people!

Okay, so I started this thread in February 2016. It's now June 2018.

I spent two years half-assing it - down, up, down, up, go to gym, don't go for a month; i'm going to eat properly except for pizza and donuts and soft drink and McDonalds and beer. I'm sure it's a cycle many of you have also felt.

I've always been of the opinion that losing weight is actually *easy* (bear with me on this).

There's one basic way to lose weight - use more calories than you consume. That's it (there's a myriad of ways to do this, which i think confuses the issue for everyone). So, simply eat less.

Knowing this, i set out to have smaller meals, but it didn't really help. Maybe i was snacking in the wrong way or something? Still eating the wrong foods?

Anyway, my partner wanted to diet, and usually i go along with it. This time it was the ketosis diet, which she explained to me and seemed to make sense - no carbs, body burns fats, eat protein to keep full, blah blah blah.

Now anyone can follow a diet for a week. But what motivates someone to keep going? results, sure, but what about before there are results?

The bit where i sound crazy:

Okay, so if i could sound like a lunatic for a minute:

I've always been a vivid dreamer, and of bizzare stuff. I'm lucky i think that if i'm in a dream and it seems unrealistic, i can wake myself up - me in my dream simply says, "hang on, this doesn't make sense" and the dream wraps up. What gets really interesting is when i have dreams where i can't tell that i'm dreaming (no, this is not about Inception)

So, about two years ago i had this dream - it was about July 2016, and it wasn't a very long dream, and not very much happened in it.

So in this dream, it's night time and it's a pitch black night, it's winter and it's freezing cold and dry, the dashlights of the car are a dim green and the streetlights are sodium and far apart. There's no one else on the road. I'm driving east towards what i know is the Blackwood roundabout (although it looks like i'm driving east to the intersection of Greenhill and Fullarton). I approach the roundabout and slow down and begin a slow left turn. There's a big building on the north-west corner as i make the turn, it feels like one of those Kathmandu outdoor-adventure stores. On the side of the building is a giant advertisement. It's a guy wading waist-deep in a river, and he's buff as hell; yeah, just like Fight Club Brad Pitt or even better. I'm peering through the windscreen looking at it and i suddenly realise it's me, i'm standing waist-deep in the Waiohine Gorge* river, shirtless and looking like a god. Guys, imagine your ideal body if you could wish it into being - that was me. I kept driving north past the store, looking at myself, thinking, "that's me"

That's the whole dream. Now, i have weird dreams all the time like i said, but i woke up and something was "different" (i.e., i may have had a psychotic break). It felt real. Like it actually happened. So there i am at 2am, alone in bed, having woken up and trying to orientate myself - did this happen? where am i? what's going on?

The next week i'm very confused. I exercise more but like above even though i have a goal, and i vaguely know how to get there, it eludes me. I yoyo for a couple of years.

So what changed?

When i'm not herding cats here at BF, i spend a lot of time with a not-for-profit organisation. We were very busy earlier this year and we had a celebration event, and something strange happened that i can't go into here; but a seed got planted in my brain by something someone did (okay yes, like Inception). That seed grew and grew without me realising, and like cancer (but good) I didn't even notice until one day it hit me.

Then i realised i could use this in the application of weight loss, as a motivation tool. And Holy Christ above, has it worked, with no sign of stopping. The only thing i can think of to compare it to, is when the cop in the book "V for Vendetta" drops acid and understands that the only thing holding him back, is himself. Sadly, this motivation tool is non-transferable - even if i explained it to you, it wouldn't work, it's me-specific. And if I did explain it to you, I couldn't write it down. And if i told you the whole story over a beer, you'd do this:

giphy.gif

So, the results?

Got on the scales last night - 77.4 kilograms. I was 85 kilograms six weeks ago. My GF has said i've definitely lost weight - even the receptionist told me she can see i've lost weight.

The best part? I feel invincible, like the hero from a John Woo film. Everything else is in slow motion. I'm so ******* bad-ass, Neil deGrasse Tyson created the meme. It's ridiculous how good and focused i feel. And it's snowballing. Remember, motivation begins with an M.

Woah. Thanks everyone, just wanted to get it off my chest.

In summary, stay in school, say no to drugs (tried that but they didn't listen), and keep trying.

* the local river of the town in New Zealand where i was born

* me, that's from June 2017. Approximately 12 kilos since then.

Next weigh-in is Sunday night. Today i've eaten two scones from Bakers Delight, a banana, a bunch of carrot sticks and a Snickers bar. I've got an apple for the afternoon. Then nothing until dinner, which will be roast chicken maybe beans and broccoli. Then rehab exercises, then bed. ******* spartan.

******* spartan? what a joke. Carbs, carbs, carbs, and a ******* Snickers bar? Me now pisses on Spartan me, makes me cry, then encourages me to wait until *the moment*

Long way to go. But why the hell not? I'll be dead one day, and before that happens I'm going to be in the kind of shape where I can find any excuse to take my shirt off.

Ha ha, that's not even the motivation anymore. I have gone galaxy brain on this s**t.

To wit: i think the first ab crease has started. The area is starting to define too.

giphy.gif

Right - where are updates from Next Gen Rookie and Dips and Danoz and kirky and FR0GGY and Moonwatcher and Glenno23 and thebeedee and srv23 and 1970crow and Milera2Betts and Squiba and Jazzregis and GreyCrow ?

I'm stable around the 81-83kg mark. For someone who spent most of their 30's above 100kgs I'm very happy with where I am at the moment. I am running regularly, and I actually like it - who the f am I?!? Playing sports is much easier, although my knees are a bit sore today. I think I sleep better.

I don't have dreams like peaneus, and I'm content not to have abs. I like food way too much - but I'm a heck of a lot healthier in my eating habits now; just need to cut a few of the work snacks.

Next goal is running 10kms.

the USA killed my weighyt loss. gained 10kg in 2 weeks over there!

so, standard Fat America weight gain. AmericanCrow you want to weigh in on this?

I don't have dreams like peaneus, and I'm content not to have abs. I like food way too much - but I'm a heck of a lot healthier in my eating habits now; just need to cut a few of the work snacks.

Next goal is running 10kms.

tenor.gif

so, standard Fat America weight gain. AmericanCrow you want to weigh in on this?

tenor.gif

when i went to America a few years ago now, i actually lost weight, probably all the walking i did and not drinking FUIC

I blame carls jnr, in n out, wendys, disneylands turkey legs and vegas buffets

came home to eat a home cooked meal lol

edit - also refillable gas station 72oz cups

Remove this Banner Ad

Back