Current murder of Melbourne comedian Eurydice Dixon after body found in park

Remove this Banner Ad

You're the one suggesting toxic masculine culture - which includes aspects above and beyond sexual and physical violence like sexism, disrespect and verbal harrassment - is totally above reproach and criticism.

LOL.

You just use mealy-mouthed platitudes like "tiny percentage" or "ever found guilty" without offering a single credible study to back up your words.

YOU pretend you're sympathetic towards men's issues then try and tell us we're ALL responsible when a random whack job rapes someone. You're a legitimate joke. You are so misguided and deluded it's embarrassing.

I have to imagine people like you must have spent your entire lives wrapped in cotton wool. Never been out on a Saturday night? Never heard someone tell "Show us yet ****" from a passing car? Never seen a bloke grab a woman's ass or flick up her skirt? Never heard a wolf whistle or a "Hello, darling." directed at a woman on the street? Do you condemn that sort of behaviour or would you describe the above as "harmless" or a "just a little fun".

Do I or have I ever hung out where drunk morons looking for trouble hang out? Only very occasionally when I was younger but why would I? I get no enjoyment from being in the company of dickheads and I'm not an idiot.

Of course I condemn that behaviour. My response is if women don't want the 3am nightclub attention from drunk dickheads, don't go to a nightclub at 3am. If it's so important that you need to hang out in a shitty venue surrounded by the dregs then go ahead pay the ridiculous entry charge, drink overpriced booze and if someone assaults you, call the police.

BTW I've got the 'you're in cotton wool' comment before, usually from people who are trying to validate their own shitty life filled with self inflicted issues they can't resolve. I just laugh.

Yeah, got nothing, huh?

YOU pretend you're sympathetic towards men's issues then try and tell us we're ALL responsible when a random whack job rapes someone. You're a legitimate joke. You are so misguided and deluded it's embarrassing.

I don't blame all men when a rape occurs. That's your unbelievably touchy victim complex talking. I am asking all men to step up and help stamp out cultures that try to mask the worst effects of misogyny (as you've spent this whole thread doing), which creates conditions where the worst type of men are enabled and emboldened to dehumanise women and see them as nothing more than objects for their personal pleasure or amusement. The fact you have such a massive problem with that says a lot about you.

Do I or have I ever hung out where drunk morons looking for trouble hang out? Only very occasionally when I was younger but why would I? I get no enjoyment from being in the company of dickheads and I'm not an idiot.

Of course I condemn that behaviour. My response is if women don't want the 3am nightclub attention from drunk dickheads, don't go to a nightclub at 3am. If it's so important that you need to hang out in a shitty venue surrounded by the dregs then go ahead pay the ridiculous entry charge, drink overpriced booze and if someone assaults you, call the police..

Ahh, there it is. So your solution isn't to lock up all men, it's essentially to lock up all women. Maybe they should also wear burkas in public too, because men just can't help behaving like pigs, right? You'd prefer telling women to adjust their perfectly acceptable behaviour, rather than pushing for a culture shift where "dickheads" who are actually doing the wrong thing modify their own.

Ahh, there it is. So your solution isn't to lock up all men, it's essentially to lock up all women. Maybe they should also wear burkas in public too, because men just can't help behaving like pigs, right? You'd prefer telling women to adjust their perfectly acceptable behaviour, rather than pushing for a culture shift where "dickheads" who are actually doing the wrong thing modify their own.

So black and white isn't it...

Sure dickheads can be less like dickheads; but mix alcohol, darkness, and people who generally don't give a s**t about others (note that all of this can apply regardless of gender) and you can see why individuals need to take some precautions for their own safety - note: taking precautions for ones' own safety does not excuse - in any way - the offender. Unless you legitimately believe that a world with zero crime is going to come about by "teaching men x".

The Project campaigners: "Women shouldn't take responsibility for their safety because it's men who need to change. In unrelated news rapes and murders of women have skyrocketed."
While I can hear their argument, its a totally ridiculous one... I mean fine, bury your head in the sand and dont accpet the REALITY of what exists outside your front door ladies, OR men for that matter, you should ALWAYS be aware and mindful of your surroundings. This line, "Women shouldn't take responsibility for their safety because it's men who need to change" is quite simply one of the most idiotic things I have heard in my entire life. Some people need to grow up and face the real world.

I don't watch The Project but I find it difficult believe that even they would say "Women shouldn't take responsibility for their safety because it's men who need to change."

Women are already being careful, we've been doing it for a long time. Is asking for help or an assist (like we are actually on the same team) in affecting a culture change too hard? For example, answering with a "yeh, okay we can try that".

Is asking for help or an assist (like we are actually on the same team) in affecting a culture change too hard?

Who invented this theory that rapists are some how the result of a 'male' culture?

This as an example... It's just made up rubbish:
I am asking all men to step up and help stamp out cultures that try to mask the worst effects of misogyny (as you've spent this whole thread doing), which creates conditions where the worst type of men are enabled and emboldened to dehumanise women and see them as nothing more than objects for their personal pleasure or amusement.

Seriously, what type of person dreams up this crap.

FFS, if we're talking gender majority, 99.99% of MEN detest rapists and they go out of their way to protect women. Do you know what happens to these guys in prison?

Lisa Wilkinsons of the world are just virtue signalling to angry feminists who have a chip on their shoulder. They provide absolutely NO value in fixing any problems.

Who invented this theory that rapists are some how the result of a 'male' culture?

I think even you know honestly, it's a valid theory if complex and not the only answer but if I rephrased it "Is asking for help or an assist (like we are actually on the same team) in affecting a change too hard?" Would you be hostile to that?

I think even you know honestly, it's a valid theory if complex and not the only answer but if I rephrased it "Is asking for help or an assist (like we are actually on the same team) in affecting a change too hard?" Would you be hostile to that?
What are you trying to change though? Normal men don't rape and murder. Some people are sick, figuratively and literally and it's not because of 'male culture'. These men are the reason women need to be aware. The courts can and should have the greatest influence on them, but often they don't.

I don't watch The Project but I find it difficult believe that even they would say "Women shouldn't take responsibility for their safety because it's men who need to change."

Women are already being careful, we've been doing it for a long time. Is asking for help or an assist (like we are actually on the same team) in affecting a culture change too hard? For example, answering with a "yeh, okay we can try that".
Who did actually say this? Its just so head in the sand stuff its mind boggling, where did it orginate from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ooooh well that might not have been worded well. The police are actually responsible for overseeing the public's safety? (see where this goes)
That's another hornet's nest lol. Safety is one of the last things I associate with cops.

Ooooh well that might not have been worded well. The police are actually responsible for overseeing the public's safety? (see where this goes)

Somehow I don't think the police can follow every member of the public around just in case something might happen, so really, the individual must take some responsibility for their own wellbeing.

Somehow I don't think the police can follow every member of the public around just in case something might happen, so really, the individual must take some responsibility for their own wellbeing.

The most dangerous place for women at risk of violence and murder is actually in the home anyway.

The Andrews government's taken a lot of flak over crime before this happened, so this latest incident got political fast which they will of course deny and it's become quite messy imo. Police fronting the media are part of that machine and tbh I don't think their response was helpful. They didn't tell us anything we don't already know and aren't already doing. Maybe Lisa Wilkinson's wasn't either but more celebrity than thinker imo.

Very happy he’s been nabbed. Normally I’m against tarring and feathering somebody on top of the legal justice they’ll (hopefully) face but I too hope his name gets out into the public. Utter filth.

When he's convicted likely, he's no minor at 31yo. I didn't see this coming actually, that he'd be that old and from one of the 'better' areas Bulleen.

The most dangerous place for women at risk of violence and murder is actually in the home anyway.

The Andrews government's taken a lot of flak over crime before this happened, so this latest incident got political fast which they will of course deny and it's become quite messy imo. Police fronting the media are part of that machine and tbh I don't think their response was helpful. They didn't tell us anything we don't already know and aren't already doing. Maybe Lisa Wilkinson's wasn't either but more celebrity than thinker imo.

And the most dangerous place for a male is on the street; so I wouldn't take issue with a reminder - following a highly publicised incident - that there are things we can do to help ourselves be a little bit safer, or less of a target for offenders.

The police advice was fine; sensible, pragmatic, and likely helpful in the short term until we reach the utopia of a zero crime world.

Similar to how they remind people to lock doors after a theft, it doesn't absolve the thief, but it does remind people that locking doors helps keep thieves out.

The Andrews' government using it as a political point scoring effort was disgusting.

Very happy he’s been nabbed. Normally I’m against tarring and feathering somebody on top of the legal justice they’ll (hopefully) face but I too hope his name gets out into the public. Utter filth.

When he's convicted likely, he's no minor at 31yo. I didn't see this coming actually, that he'd be that old and from one of the 'better' areas Bulleen.

Agreed that it's a disgusting act, what kind of moron thinks defacing a memorial or grave-site is a good idea?

And the most dangerous place for a male is on the street

Yes it is, well aware. When my kids go out, I know as has happened before more than once it will be probably be a son I'm patching up whose shirt I'm rinsing blood out of. Eventually I get the story but he ' I don't want to talk about it. It's nothing'. Why? No to the doctor when he's got a big gash in the back of his head. Won't take it any further. Tells me to drop it.

As I back slowly out of this thread whispering ... I think this is a gender issue, cultural too .. hit my arse on the door and run ... :athleticshoe::athleticshoe::athleticshoe:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back