Western Bulldogs and their partnership with Ballarat a success

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not so sure about that...Have you heard me barracko_O;)?
I'll be there... barking loud and proud.

Just remember a wet game is a good leveler and the Puffers were beaten by Freo Under 15s 2 weeks back (The two former Port commentators dispelled the myth that their in-game injuries made no difference to the result....that's how poor they were.
Whilst this game is a ladder position definer for the Paer, so was the last two weeks and if Bevo instructs his young tyros to play first to the ball wet weather footy they can win.:thumbsu:

Well let’s hope you are correct but I’m expected a rubbish low scoring game and we get done by 20-30

Wheres the best Doggies pre game pub in Ballarat?
The Sporting Globe would be good for pres and the night before if you were staying on Saturday night. Plus it's near the train station if you wanted to park and ride the bus to the ground.

Not surprised the person who kept this thread open for ages has disappeared when they realised how badly this is about to fail.

Ballarat is a lovely town but it’s too close, the stadium is too small and it’s f!cking freezing.

Ballarat should be spending their money on something that will help the town not throw it away

Not surprised the person who kept this thread open for ages has disappeared when they realised how badly this is about to fail.

Ballarat is a lovely town but it’s too close, the stadium is too small and it’s f!cking freezing.

Ballarat should be spending their money on something that will help the town not throw it away
Not surprised the guy who is constantly stinking up threads comes to the one he has already trying making points on to sink a low blow at someone they don't even know.

Like it or not, Dogs signed a deal to play games there and as such, games will continue to be played at Mars Stadium. Your thoughts have already been made clear on the topic, so not sure why you think you've contributing to this when majority of regular posters in this thread already have you on ignore.

Not surprised the guy who is constantly stinking up threads comes to the one he has already trying making points on to sink a low blow at someone they don't even know.

Like it or not, Dogs signed a deal to play games there and as such, games will continue to be played at Mars Stadium. Your thoughts have already been made clear on the topic, so not sure why you think you've contributing to this when majority of regular posters in this thread already have you on ignore.

Can you add yourself to that list of people who have me on ignore?

I’ve made valid reasons why I don’t like this deal and believe it will fail

They are now coming true and they weren’t hard to predict.

And I have respect for about 10 people in here who don’t have me on ignore. The rest I care less about than the dirt on my shoe :)

Can you add yourself to that list of people who have me on ignore?

I’ve made valid reasons why I don’t like this deal and believe it will fail

They are now coming true and they weren’t hard to predict.

And I have respect for about 10 people in here who don’t have me on ignore. The rest I care less about than the dirt on my shoe :)

See you on the hill in front of the scoreboard MD
I will be the one in a polar bear suit.
7 degrees and rain.
What genius thought it be a good time of the year to play there ? It's just dumb , end of story !

7 degrees and rain.
What genius thought it be a good time of the year to play there ? It's just dumb , end of story !

It’s a winter sport. Harden up young’n.

7 degrees and rain.

I will be on my couch with the heater on watching Game of Thrones.

It was never a good idea in any level and I’m actually stunned any bushibess could imagine it will work.

We are onjy there for the $1 million dollar cheque and that’s not a reason to be there imo

It was never a good idea in any level and I’m actually stunned any bushibess could imagine it will work.

We are onjy there for the $1 million dollar cheque and that’s not a reason to be there imo
Not sure why being there 'just for the cheque' was a bad business move? We signed the Ballarat deal in 2014 when we were financially struggling and this move gave us more money than the Etihad deal. Yes, during that time we obviously had off and on field success and paid back our debts, but at the time the deal was attractive to us financially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All jokes aside , what rationale is there playing this time of year there ?
Don't you actually want people through the gates ?
I was there early in year v the Suns and the crowd was appalling then in good weather , can't see it being any better this time around.
The Ballarat residents certainly stayed home.

I was there early in year v the Suns and the crowd was appalling then in good weather , can't see it being any better this time around.

No one other team ban doehards are going to watch an very average footy team 90 mins up the road in freezing weather.

There is not one rational reason this game is happening there and now.

Play one game a year there very early in the season for the rest of the contract and then dump this potato asap

I went for the pre season game, had as many there as for the gold coast game.

Alot of local Ballarat football people dont want the dogs there during thr season.

Will never work 2 normal season games and most likely end up being detrimental

I went for the pre season game, had as many there as for the gold coast game.

A lot of local Ballarat football people dont want the dogs there during thr season.

Will never work 2 normal season games and most likely end up being detrimental

I’m “Ballarat football people”, and know people across a range of local clubs. The issue is local football people are happy for us to play at Mars, but at a time that minimises the clash with local sport. As a night (AFL) game is not currently possible, the only other time is Sunday arvo. I agree games should be early and late in the season, possibly negotiate with local leagues where Dogs game is on Sunday and majority of local games on a Sat, schedule local double headers, make it a weekend football festival.

Let’s be honest mate. You would have been on your couch with the heater on even if it were being played at Etihad on Sunday. Not sure why you’re kicking up a fuss.

Let’s be honest mate. You would have been on your couch with the heater on even if it were being played at Etihad on Sunday. Not sure why you’re kicking up a fuss.

I go to every Sunday game I can with the family

This one has zero interest

I’m “Ballarat football people”, and know people across a range of local clubs. The issue is local football people are happy for us to play at Mars, but at a time that minimises the clash with local sport. As a night (AFL) game is not currently possible, the only other time is Sunday arvo. I agree games should be early and late in the season, possibly negotiate with local leagues where Dogs game is on Sunday and majority of local games on a Sat, schedule local double headers, make it a weekend football festival.
IF we are going to play at Ballarat AND actually want Ballarat football people to attend you are 100% correct, the games should be very early season or the second last round and on a Sunday. Unless that happens the crowd will primarily be Melbourne people travelling to Ballarat and opposition supporters and "Crowds"and 5 to 6 thousand will be the norm which adds nothing to the club or to the city of Ballarat and no supposed long term objective will be acheived

Remove this Banner Ad

Back