RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS, AFL Rd 20, 2018 - 3/8 19:50 AEST - Squiggle says Richmond 73%

Remove this Banner Ad

The difference last night in my opinion was Richmonds tackling is just simply better. Too many tines tigers broke flimsy Geelong tackles.
We shant be troubling top teams without improving that aspect.

Truth be told (i was there last night), there was a few of us in the box surprised at how the tigers seemed more “harder at it” given what the game meant for you guys.
On the flip side, you need to keep that number 11. He was great last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expecting unabated praise from the oppo coach. Insecure much.
Seriously it’s now the 3rd time I’ve told you this Stevi_Tigers
I think you need to read what I wrote bud.

I don’t intend on this being a Richmond Geelong dick measure contest.

I appreciated his honestly, found it fascinating that he was so open and honest.

I don’t think you really read my response there champ. And I usually like what you’ve got to say.

I find his pressers fascinating and I complimented him for his honestly. But ultimately I’m kinda mixed because he does sound like a sore loser too. But that’s part the parcel of his honesty which is a positive for mine. Thoughts the comments were very interesting.

Could have easily gone down the ‘Richmond’s an excellent team, we’re closing the gap, they’ll be beaten eventually’

But he went off on a small rant about Richmond rather than focusing on Geelong.

He was asked a question about Richmond? Why would he talk about Geelong?

The tigers have would have to be the worst of the dominant teams in recent memory. If they had to play against some of the other dominant teams of the past (Essendon 00's, Brisbane 01-04, Eagles/Sydney 05/06, Geelong 07-11, Hawks 12-15) the lack of skill and stars comparatively to these sides is pretty glaring. Not saying they aren't the best team in it, they are and have been since mid '17 however it points pretty clearly to the effect the expansion clubs have had on the comp when a side with 3 guns, 9 solid contributors and 10 blokes who's only objective is to tackle, hack the ball forward anyway possible and clog space are being considered a certainty for back to back flags.
Hahaha clearly a passive aggressive post. So salty.

So, we were up by 38 possessions and 14 in contested in the first half and had under half the frees Geelong had. Cafe to explain? First to the ball, right...
When you just grab the ball and boot it forward all the time, there's little chance to get frees. It was just quick kicks forward and running.

Lol. A wet weather, scrappy game missing pur most important 2 way running mid in Prestia and our number 1 pressure player i Graham. But yes. It TOTALLY suited us...

They had there number one ruck and best defender out plus the weather suited your scrappy game style.

Truth be told (i was there last night), there was a few of us in the box surprised at how the tigers seemed more “harder at it” given what the game meant for you guys.
On the flip side, you need to keep that number 11. He was great last night.

Yes amazing Kelly in his first year.

Everything was in your favour last night and you scraped in. The weather made the game perfect for your side and then Geelongs outs only helped you further.

We beat teams in all weather.
And you guys had everything in your favor last night. Cats blew it. We’ll smash you guys next time.

The media beat up around RFC has been extreme, so it makes sense that someone will respond to the media's nonsense. It also is no shock that it is Scott delivering the message. He is a prickly fellow.

Cats tried something new last night and it nearly came off, so we can add to that the immediate disappointment of so close so far.

I am more interested in how my club deals with the forensic analysis of our game style that is heightened this time of year and will be more intense from here on. RFC will either succumb or have a counter.

2 teams have won 7 of the last 11 Premierships.

Hawthorn and Geelong.

3 teams have won 10 of the last 17 Premierships.

Brisbane, Hawthorn and Geelong.

4 teams have won 12 of the last 17 Premierships.

Brisbane, Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney.

Not one of those teams is spelled Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was asked a question about Richmond? Why would he talk about Geelong?
From what I’ve seen most coaches turn the question around and focus on their own side rather than the opposition.

In your mind though, you’ve already misinterpreted what I’ve said and are on the front foot for an aggressive disagreement when I’m merely said it was a fascinating press conference and I appreciated the honestly even if it didn’t suit my bias.

They had there number one ruck and best defender out plus the weather suited your scrappy game style.

We rely on being able to utilise space. We cannot do that in the wet.

Their midfield was full strength. In a scrappy game, they should have overpowered us.

I think you need to read what I wrote bud.

I don’t intend on this being a Richmond Geelong dick measure contest.

I appreciated his honestly, found it fascinating that he was so open and honest.
Hence why I didn’t have a go at you.
Unfortunately as is the case with the declining standard of this board it’ll soon be infested with idiots who will froth at the mouth to pile on for last nights comments.

I told Stevi twice last night that he spoke about what you did well. If he was praise averse would he do that?

Essentially all he said was they’re beatable and not one of the great sides the game has seen. Both are fair statements.

The part I disagreed with was when he said we had the better run of play for most of the night. We didn’t.

5 of them have more premiership medals than Danger. Maybe you should watch more footy and then you might have an informed opinion.

Be honest, you didn’t watch the game did you.

Grab ball. Quick boot forward. Everyone runs forward. Grab ball quick boot forward. Everyone runs forward. I admit that they did tap it forward or handball it forward occasionally instead.

It stopped working in the last and you were just waiting for the siren.

If you still can't see why that is, I don't hold much hope of you ever coming to grips with football.

I am just saying. People think being first to the football is the be all and end allmof winning free kicks. It isn't. There are other circumstances. Which what I highlighted with my comment.

Grab ball. Quick boot forward. Everyone runs forward. Grab ball quick boot forward. Everyone runs forward. I admit that they did tap it forward or handball it forward occasionally instead.

It stopped working in the last and you were just waiting for the siren.

I hope you really are Chris Scott with that level of understanding.

We rely on being able to utilise space. We cannot do that in the wet.

Their midfield was full strength. In a scrappy game, they should have overpowered us.

No ruckman mean't you got some easy clearances even though Geelong's midfield were on top. The rain also gave your defence a far better chance to stop Hawkins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back