Unofficial Preview Changes v Brisbane (out: Moore, Brown, Daicos; in: JDG, Aish, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone explain to me where the balance is here?

A forward, a mid-forward and a key back go out of the side.…

In comes a mid, a half back and a forward.

Why do we need another half back in the side?

We were far better served playing Fas.
Seems kind of ridiculous that Oxley gets a game ahead of him in any universe.
They obviously want Ox as an intercept marker, Aish is pretty versatile and JDG picks himself.

Ok, clearly you know more than the selectors hey.

McClarty's not ready and they obviously don't see him playing KPD.
That remains to be seen. He’s been named at CHB this week in the VFL.
Yep, let's see how they go in Melbourne against a side with lots to play for.
You reckon the Hawks had nothing to play for when Brisbane smacked them down in Tassie?

I think it's legitimate to argue that Fas should come in before Oxley. Except we're clearly struggling more in defence whereas our attack has been much more solid.

Fas unfortunately has, for better or worse, been pigeonholed as a forward. So without some of the other forwards being dropped, he won't get a game.

I'm confused, can somebody explain to me who's going to play on Charlie Dixon in 2 weeks? Because IMO McClarty is the only viable option, so he should've debuted this week.

Unless we have someone else fit and available who can go with a 107kg monster?

Reid?

Or we could bring Blair in. We are running out of options after all. :)

Reid?

Or we could bring Blair in. We are running out of options after all. :)
Reid will be underdone at best, what pisses me off is we're at rock bottom for key defenders yet McClarty still played forward last week in the VFL, surely ATM if he isn't in the 1s you play him key back in the VFL, anyway the club has done well this season so who am i to judge, but if we go into the Port game with our current key backs Dixon will get a hold of us IMO.

I don’t mind the Oxley selection. He has his weaknesses but his VFL form has been super and he has reminded me of Scharenberg this season. His kicking is brilliant which is an area we need to strengthen again after the losses of Shaz and Dunne in particular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping for a strong performance from the mids, with Greenwood all over Zorko.

We have clearly opted for keeping a stable, strong forward line, so the mids could help make this more comfortable for the makeshift back line.
And despite the general dislike for Etihad, the fast deck suits our style of play, especially the way we spread and use the ball. It should be a good spectacle.

People hanging s**t on the Oxley selection need to pull their heads in. Give the bloke a crack at it first for gods sake.

Great to see JDG and Aisho back in. Bit worrying about the Howe 3 week corkie.

Pies by 40pts.
Keep telling you people not a corky injury. Corgy. Get it right. Sheesh!

I don't mind the Oxley inclusion either. It doesn't need to be pretty or even exciting. We just need to win and then Howe will move back into that spot.

Don't mind the changes. Glad to see DeGoey and Aish back.
Oxley has been ok in the VFL so has early his spot. I agree with others and would have liked to see McLarty given a go but will back the Ox in.

Would send Mihochek back and play DeGoey and WHE as targets with Cox.
DeGoey is only 1cm shorter than Mihochek and we have all seen him ragdoll opponents ala Hurley a few weeks back.

Greenwood to tag Zorko.
I am looking forward to big games from Pendles and Sidey - just have that feeling.

How I hope we line up:

B - Langdon Mihochek Murray
HB - Maynard Madgen Crisp
C - Aish Pendlebury Sidebottom
HF - Varcoe DeGoey WHE
F - Thomas Cox Stephenson
R - Grundy Adams Greenwood
INT - Sier Phillips Mayne Oxley

Don't mind the changes. Glad to see DeGoey and Aish back.
Oxley has been ok in the VFL so has early his spot. I agree with others and would have liked to see McLarty given a go but will back the Ox in.

Would send Mihochek back and play DeGoey and WHE as targets with Cox.
DeGoey is only 1cm shorter than Mihochek and we have all seen him ragdoll opponents ala Hurley a few weeks back.

Greenwood to tag Zorko.
I am looking forward to big games from Pendles and Sidey - just have that feeling.

How I hope we line up:

B - Langdon Mihochek Murray
HB - Maynard Madgen Crisp
C - Aish Pendlebury Sidebottom
HF - Varcoe DeGoey WHE
F - Thomas Cox Stephenson
R - Grundy Adams Greenwood
INT - Sier Phillips Mayne Oxley
I reckon Pendles and Steele are the key. We need to get plenty of service to our forwards. If they get clean forward 50 entries we could be badly exposed.

Gee some people!!! Who else can we bring?? Dunn, Sharenberg, Goldsack, Reid, Moore all injured.... Oxley is next in line i don't like it but injuries have given is no choice. Hopefully Oxley sees this has his last chance to make a career for himself.

You need to put your anger at the club!! I am so sick of the bullshit every week with the injuries, Langdon withdrawn against Richmond Rnd 6 General soreness misses 4 weeks. Howe Corkie now to miss 2 weeks. Paid up members have the right to know whats going on with injured players. My rant over!!

Pies by 37pts Oxley to have 30+ but f#@$ up 5 times :)

As a side note, what the hell is going on with Howe?

Going to have not played a full game of football in like a month because of concussion?? What, did he get hit by a car? Brayshaw will probably spend less time than that on the sidelines....

Only at Collingwood.

Brown for Aish, that's pretty balanced - mid for a mid.

De Goey for Daicos - again, very balanced.

Moore out... there's literally nobody left who can replace him. McLarty maybe, but he's viewed as not ready by the coaching staff. Oxley is the next tallest defender available. Not ideal, would prefer any of Moore, Dunn, Scharenberg, Reid, Goldsack or Howe, but here we are.

The very reason that Fasolo didn't crack the side is because of balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back