Unofficial Preview Round 22: Sydney Derby vs GWS @ Spotless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think no Kelly puts Sydney in the favourite position. Add in no Shaw and Reid. I think our attack will be too good for their defence. Our smalls will rip in.

Sydney by 3 goals.

Could be possibly a bit flat after the AJ news going into the game. He would want us to focus but seems a few will have it on their mind if Saturday was anything to go by.
Dont really agree with that. Sunday, Monday, players would have had time to get their heads around the situation. The rest of the week its training and focus on the Derby game , which is pivotal in our quest to stay in the finals!

Dont really agree with that. Sunday, Monday, players would have had time to get their heads around the situation. The rest of the week its training and focus on the Derby game , which is pivotal in our quest to stay in the finals!

agree. If anything we were the opposite of flat after AJ went down. The team seemed to lift a fair bit. I think him not being around the club would help them focus on this week's game. If he was constantly around the club maybe a different story.

agree. If anything we were the opposite of flat after AJ went down. The team seemed to lift a fair bit. I think him not being around the club would help them focus on this week's game. If he was constantly around the club maybe a different story.

I reckon the 10-15mins that followed was flat / distracted. Melbourne kicked their goals during this period and our heads looked a little lost imo.

From that point onwards though we definitely lifted.

My point was the likes of Newman after the match where it sunk in and now getting the news confirming it would be a downer. They are professional and will have the right people making sure they keep momentum going into the week but they are also human and people react to things differently.

I concede I'm overreacting he's not um well dying. Was nice to see some raw emotion and the high regard they hold for AJ after the match.

I honestly think no Kelly puts Sydney in the favourite position. Add in no Shaw and Reid. I think our attack will be too good for their defence. Our smalls will rip in.

Sydney by 3 goals.

I feel the Shaw out is similar to McVeigh being out for us. Shaw seems to direct a lot of the defence. Whilst they will still have Davis, they will miss Shaw. Assuming Davis gets the Buddy job, how the rest of the defence structure up will be interesting as they will run a 'team d' v Bud you wmight expect so it might end up with us having a number of loose forwards running around. For us, our defence looks like regaining Jones and Grundy so is looking solid even with the losses. Maibaum must be kicking himself with the timing of his injury almost certainly robbing him of a chance to debut.

In Grundy, Jones
Out Smith Johnson

Hey, btw... Maybe keep it on the downlow... but there's a rumour (not sure if fully legit), but I think maybe Marsh is injured.

:p
Screenshot or it didn't happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screenshot or it didn't happen
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Marsh pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Marsh pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Was that before or after he met with Buckley?

I could understand bringing Grundy back in if Patton was playing, but who is his match up, given the likely team GWS will field is full of speedsters. Wouldn't O'riordan be a better coice

I could understand bringing Grundy back in if Patton was playing, but who is his match up, given the likely team GWS will field is full of speedsters. Wouldn't O'riordan be a better coice

Grundy would play on their deepest tall. We'd be fools to let Aliir be sucked back to the goal square. And Rampe plays on a high Cameron.

No, not enough experience...

Their midfield might be full of speedsters, but they're still tall up front.

GWS: Cameron (196), Himmelberg (194), Griffen (192), Bonar (188), Lloyd (187), Taranto (187), Hopper (187)
Sydney: Allir (194), Rampe (189), Newman (186), McVeigh (184), Jones (181), Lloyd (180).

Without Grundy (192), we're very undersized down back. If Aliir or Rampe went down early we'd be screwed. Bringing in Grundy gives us some flexibility and allows Rampe/Aliir a bit more freedom to play the intercepting role.

Slingshot Footy is a Seppo.
Yes, I know, but I just assumed they said it too, and surely the Poms as well...

I had no idea it was Australian vernacular...

EDIT: Off topic, I'll stop now :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back