Unofficial Preview Round 22: Sydney Derby vs GWS @ Spotless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to fix our last quarters since the bye we have lost 7 of our last 8 quarters if we didn't have a 5 goal lead entering the last we might of got overrun.
Being down 2 players for the best part of 3 and a bit quarters on the MCG will do that to you one would think. It was a poor quarter from an offensive view point but from a down in the trenches fight for your life defensive effort it was a masterclass.

Being down 2 players for the best part of 3 and a bit quarters on the MCG will do that to you one would think. It was a poor quarter from an offensive view point but from a down in the trenches fight for your life defensive effort it was a masterclass.

Oh agreed ive said in the past we are one of the best at defending a lead but ideally you wanna do that with a few mins left not shut up shop at the start of it :)

Just a heads up if you haven't realised the opening Bledisloe cup game is on at ANZ Saturday night. There will be a lot of traffic in the other direction after the game. Also pop up bars and buzz around Olympic Park. Not too bad for public transport, they will put on direct city trains I expect.

:D If it means you decide to watch on TV we'll understand.

six weeks for poor Nic Smith and his tendon, the bad news for AJ confirmed. :(

Giants will be interesting with no big-mouth-twat directing traffic from down back.
If we don't beat them this week, we never will. Got to have Reg ready to go and we can control this game. It will be great to have him back - and our season hinges on him I reckon. Given what he has brought for the last 200 games that is no bad thing.

Just a heads up if you haven't realised the opening Bledisloe cup game is on at ANZ Saturday night. There will be a lot of traffic in the other direction after the game. Also pop up bars and buzz around Olympic Park. Not too bad for public transport, they will put on direct city trains I expect.

:D If it means you decide to watch on TV we'll understand.
Bledisloe cup? Does that get a bigger crowd than the netball these days? There's only so many kiwis around to care...
(thanks for the tip though)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are 8 players (I did not count Rose) from the NEAFL 2017 GF who could potentially play AFL this week and 6 are injured (if count Naismith, though Maibaum and Pink are yet to debut)

SYDNEY

B: 46. Sam Murray(to Collingwood 21. Jack Maibaum 2. Alex Johnson (47 games)
HB: 38. Colin O’Riordan (3 games) 11. Jeremy Laidler 31. Harrison Marsh (25 games)
C: 45.Sam Fisher (Northern Blues) 33. Brandon Jack (SU NEAFL) 13. Oliver Florent (29 games)
HF: 30. Tyrone Leonardis 19. Shaun Edwards 25. Ben Ronke (15 games)
F: 1. James Rose (9 games) 47. Toby Pink 9. Will Hayward (37 games)
Foll: 8. Kurt Tippett 6. Jordan Foote (6 games) 34. Jordan Dawson (4 games)
Inter: 36. Aliir Aliir (25 games) 7. Harry Cunningham (101 games) 32. Michael Talia 27. Daniel Robinson (22 games) 55. Jarrod Osborne (Canberra NEAFL)
Emer: 48. Sam Wicks (Academy) 53. Sam Barkley (SU NEAFL) 52. Harry Carr (Canberra NEAFL)
Out: 35. Sam Naismith (28 games) 48. Sam Wicks

Grimlock, hopefully I have this correct

Last edited:
from press conference via twitter
Leon Cameron: Josh Kelly is probably unlikely for this week as you don’t want to risk a guy with a head knock. But we will see how he trains tomorrow.
Longmire: Zak Jones will come back in, we expect Heath (Grundy) will also put his hand up to play.

I'm feeling another win here. GWS have been up for quite a while now but are now being hollowed out by injuries. Losing Shaw, Kelly, Simpson, Greene, Taylor, Deledio in the space of 2 games is a big chunk of their best side. They're still a good side to be sure, but they aren't invincible and they're reaching into their depth.

We've got our own injury worries but replacing Johnson and Smith with Grundy and Jones is pretty good. We seem to have got our energy and strong defensive coverage all over the ground back at the perfect time and I think we'll win another close one.

There are 8 players (I did not count Rose) from the NEAFL 2017 GF who could potentially play AFL this week and 6 are injured (if count Naismith, though Maibaum and Pink are yet to debut)

SYDNEY

B: 46. Sam Murray(to Collingwood 21. Jack Maibaum 2. Alex Johnson (47 games)
HB: 38. Colin O’Riordan (3 games) 11. Jeremy Laidler 31. Harrison Marsh (25 games)
C: 45.Sam Fisher (Northern Blues) 33. Brandon Jack (SU NEAFL) 13. Oliver Florent (29 games)
HF: 30. Tyrone Leonardis 19. Shaun Edwards 25. Ben Ronke (15 games)
F: 1. James Rose (9 games) 47. Toby Pink 9. Will Hayward (37 games)
Foll: 8. Kurt Tippett 6. Jordan Foote (6 games) 34. Jordan Dawson (4 games)
Inter: 36. Aliir Aliir (25 games) 7. Harry Cunningham (101 games) 32. Michael Talia 27. Daniel Robinson (22 games) 55. Jarrod Osborne (Canberra NEAFL)
Emer: 48. Sam Wicks (Academy) 53. Sam Barkley (SU NEAFL) 52. Harry Carr (Canberra NEAFL)
Out: 35. Sam Naismith (28 games) 48. Sam Wicks

Grimlock, hopefully I have this correct
Not sure what happened but BJ hasn't played one game for Sydney Uni.
Leonardis is with North Melbourne's VFL team.
Edwards Sydney Uni
Talia is with a SANFL team, Norwood IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back