Bluemour Discussion Thread XIII - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole system is a right royal mess!!!

What I don't understand now if the whole concept of free agency. It was designed to give players the ability to change clubs, to a club of their choice, after a set number of years.....but what is happening now is that when players come out of contract, they exercise that same right. Just nominate a club, and 99% of the time, a deal is reached so the player gets to that club anyway!!!

So why have free agency? What it means now is that the top players from struggling clubs can go to a club in 'premiership contention' so they get to play finals...and that club in contention gets them for nothing....and still keeps their first round pick!!! (like Lynch with Richmond)

The rich get richer, and the others can just go to the draft.

So, the AFL introduce priority picks for struggling clubs as a means to equalise the competition with an additional draft pick. But the commission choose not to grant one to two teams struggling to win a game in 2018, getting smashed week after week!!! "We'll just throw them a few crumbs to look like we're doing something, without copping a backlash from the other clubs and the media."

The whole thing is just a farce :mad::mad:

So there...

So aptly stated Bamboo Harvester, I concur totally the AFL equliaztion process is an utter farce.
Gillon should have a good look in the bloody mirror and get off his backside to better understand the underlying issues afflicting the perenual poor performers.
The administrators bring home juicy fat salaries and have a special privileged life style. Don't get me started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T7dZeX5.jpg

There has to be some kind of hidden message in this picture, right?
Kevin Sheedy medal.....does this mean * is back in the race :(

Yes you were and so was Dennis.

Having a laugh at some of the replies in that thread even mine - 'Dr patient priviledge'
can't read it - think that was back in my grumpy period.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back