Hogan worth

Remove this Banner Ad

Just skimming through. Is it suggested that the afl are going to come in for mediation?

If so, I think that is a good idea. Melbournes expectations seem way too high, so possibly may help us.

If freo still want him, just not at the inflated asking price, I’m sure a deal can be done especially if it’s a player welfare issue. Don’t want another Mccarthy situation

Been watching the threads for a long....long time and being very careful as to what I say as to not piss everyone off with first post :) BUT

Hogan is not worth 2 first round picks. Full stop. Not 2 this year and not 1 this year and 1 next year for Fremantles' current list and midfield setup. And especially with this years potential from the draft.

I think our chances of Hogan are dead in the water.

I mentioned earlier that there was something about Bell announcing Lobb as our primary target or words to that affect and something a little off when stating that a Hogan deal was complicated, it imo was more than just posturing.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see Jesse ever in purple.

I think our chances of Hogan are dead in the water.

I mentioned earlier that there was something about Bell announcing Lobb as our primary target or words to that affect and something a little off when stating that a Hogan deal was complicated, it imo was more than just posturing.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see Jesse ever in purple.
everyone just has to move on - get Lobb and get into the draft early - i've got no probs with that we have talls that are developing nicely.

If and its a big If, Melb give up on ridiculous demand of 2 first round picks then go for Hogan, but personally i'm not sold on him being a savior for our club. No more than 11 and a second round pick.

I hope the Lobb trade happens early tomorrow so we can all start moving on

Agree , please Jesse Hogan is now being subjected to some speculative , no knowledge , guessing rubbish

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Though there might be some fire along with the smoke, I'm reluctant to buy into the 'off field issues' too much. There might be something there, there might not. If it is, it might be significant, it might be very minor and only a tiny factor in Bell and co.'s thinking. With little/no detail, there's a tendency for people to build their own narrative that suits. I think us fans should go easy unless we hear something specific.

The foot thing is something more concrete, so that's speculative worthy, beyond that, everything else seems hearsay to me.

Last edited:
Luckily for you (and us) he already is ;)
Though there might be some fire along with the smoke, I'm reluctant to buy into the 'off field issues' too much. There might be something there, there might not. If it is, it might be significant, it might be very minor and only a tiny factor in Bell and co.'s thinking. With little/no detail, there's a tendency for people to build their own narrative that suits. I think we need to go easy unless we hear something specific.

The foot thing is something more concrete, so that's speculative worthy, beyond that, everything else seems hearsay to me.

In my best Obe Wan voice "This is not the power forward you are looking for . . . "

In my best Obe Wan voice "This is not the power forward you are looking for . . . "

Well maybe, but for many Freo fans (in my best Obe Wan voice), "That boy is our last hope"

Now please someone reassure me in their best Yoda voice ...

;)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are always rumours on 'who gets up to what' on the weekends, which I am sure the footy industry listens to as well.

Rightly or wrongly, it looks like the rumours of some of JHs past weekend activities are catching up with him.

This has to impact how much Freo are willing to pay. JH may need a very supportive environment to get the best out of him going forward.

Perhaps staying at the Dees is the best thing for all parties so he can get his head right

Cmon. We have Bennell on our list and recently re-signed. Yarran (RIP) and Balic last year. I can't imagine that our culture has changed that significantly in the week that Bell has been on board that we would be that concerned with any possible off-field actions of one J. Hogan enough to pass on him.

Cmon. We have Bennell on our list and recently re-signed. Yarran (RIP) and Balic last year. I can't imagine that our culture has changed that significantly in the week that Bell has been on board that we would be that concerned with any possible off-field actions of one J. Hogan enough to pass on him.

All of those reasons are precisely why we should stear clear.

:)

I was hoping along these lines ....

This is what worries me. If you told Geelong supporters that while Garry Ablett Snr was challenging for Grand Finals their next premiership would be when that little kid in the change rooms Gary Jnr grew up to play for Geelong. They would have thought you were crazy!

Please don’t tell me we have to wait 20 more years for Pav’s kids to grow up!

Why not. If its been letting us down then the old systems should be removed. Not just the staff

Why not. If its been letting us down then the old systems should be removed. Not just the staff
my point is I don't think the club's done a U-turn in a week sufficient to say no to a forward like Hogan. Also can't imagine he plays up that much compared to others, otherwise we would have heard about it in the papers like with Brad Hill, MJ, Bennell, Yarran...

Hogan wants 8 million for 8 years. He does want to end his career at Freo, if we trade for him

Irresponsible risk to take if we agree to that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back