List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion it’s not about him personally, I think it’s more about the fact that after 2 years he can nominate a club of his choice while still under contract. I think this is where the system is not equal.
We get stung pick 2 for a bloke wanting to go home.
It just doesn’t make sense to me.
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer basically
Understand your frustration Scotty.

current 2019 list thread (https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2019-official-list-guernsey-number-changes.1203783/) has been updated with today's deals.

8 players out & 6 players in currently. expecting the kk trade to go down at some stage tomorrow. can't see anything happening with may if it involves hogan, unless it's in the last 10 minutes of the window.

are we expecting much else tomorrow besides those two, do we reckon?

No one else has currancy..
unless your names Day or Nicholls.

Even then i wouldnt expect any more then a third/forth rd

Gromma I actually in a really wierd way respect you for coming in here but having said that I don’t know why you keep posting. It can’t be healthy for you as a loving parent.
You are a Hawks fan and your kid just became a Hawk.
“We”-especially me feel very bitter and shortchanged today so it’s not going to be a healthy place for you to interact,admittedly though there are board members here that are much more gentler than I am in dealing with the blows.
If I was you I’d spend the next few days basking in the glory that your kid is now a Hawthorn player and go enjoy yourself on the Hawks Board and with your family/friend Hawk fans. Today for you is one of the best of your life.

Meanwhile we will once again regroup.
Believe it or not Bods Im still a Suns fan. Im left with part disappointment, part happiness he is going to the Hawks and part excited about him coming home.
I mentioned yesterday in a post that Im not going to keep chatting about it but the particularly nasty and incorrect comments dont phase me. I get it that this game is an emotional one...its just the innacuracies I feel compelled to correct and the AFL website article today got my back up. Talk about fake news...and it comes from the AFL!! Geez...now I might get started!

Anyway, have loved the board and all the GC fans have been great...

Really hope GHS goes well for you -
- smart mid, good contested player who can tag and cadge a goal or two. Great trainer and role model for the track, Supremely fit. His knock is he’s slow - only room for one of these type in a team and then only if they are elite by ball reading, foot and accumulation.
At very least he’ll be a very good backup and help with the younger players.

It’s a classy thing to do for sure but in reality I don’t want to be thanked by the bedwetter crew.
Let them rub it in to us in that they have run off on their mates, used us to get rich young and then run off to a big end of town VFL team.
Will make the final siren and the singing of our song even sweeter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironic that he would use a pic from the Hawthorn gym because by the looks of him he has spent zero time in ours while with us

I said during the pre-season that I was very concerned that the likes of Lemmons, Ainsworth, Bowes etc had put on 5-7kg and Scrimshaw had put on less than 2kg.
I got hammered for it at the time. But yeah I was right. He didn’t bulk up at all and given in the NEAFL he was a first half king and a second half passenger it makes you wonder whether he made a sufficient effort with us both in the Gym and on the track.
So disappointing.

I said during the pre-season that I was very concerned that the likes of Lemmons, Ainsworth, Bowes etc had put on 5-7kg and Scrimshaw had put on less than 2kg.
I got hammered for it at the time. But yeah I was right. He didn’t bulk up at all and given in the NEAFL he was a first half king and a second half passenger it makes you wonder whether he made a sufficient effort with us both in the Gym and on the track.
So disappointing.
But they are different players. Is bontempeli for example massive? Scrimshaw is also a lot taller than someone like Ainsworth so muscle will be harder to put on he was also going to be a slower burn no matter what. His inability to put on 5 kg in his first full preseason had nothing to do with leaving.

But they are different players. Is bontempeli for example massive? Scrimshaw is also a lot taller than someone like Ainsworth so muscle will be harder to put on he was also going to be a slower burn no matter what. His inability to put on 5 kg in his first full preseason had nothing to do with leaving.

Very easy to bat things away, no easier position in life than counter punching.
How about the first half/second half neafl issues then.
If you aren’t going to bulk up then you want the cardio-vascular side of things to improve dramatically.

So disappointing.
Lets just settle down on the scrimshaw stuff. He obviously wasn't able to fit into the club the way others have and i can vouch for gromma that their have been failures at the club in communications (something i am currently seeking answers for from the club).
Whilst the suns supporter side of me hates seeing a bloke we put our support in up and leave to a rival and show off. The human side of me is sympathetic that the club has let down a potential talented kid.

The club and the AFL need to do better to ensure we don't waste our latest picks in 2018.

Lets just settle down on the scrimshaw stuff. He obviously wasn't able to fit into the club the way others have and i can vouch for gromma that their have been failures at the club in communications (something i am currently seeking answers for from the club).
Whilst the suns supporter side of me hates seeing a bloke we put our support in up and leave to a rival and show off. The human side of me is sympathetic that the club has let down a potential talented kid.

The club and the AFL need to do better to ensure we don't waste our latest picks in 2018.

Scrimshaw sure has been a good foil this arvo for what would otherwise have been a fond discussion to say goodbye to the great Aaron Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back