Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure what the best way to go about would be though. :think:

Well I am useless at anything that requires knowledge of notes n stuff. I can make decent beats and percussive arrangements. I have pro tools etc so i could incorporate any recording from others and bring it all together. That's my strength I guess.

Well I am useless at anything that requires knowledge of notes n stuff. I can make decent beats and percussive arrangements. I have pro tools etc so i could incorporate any recording from others and bring it all together. That's my strength I guess.
I have this handheld korg recording unit thingy. I'll have a crack at chucking some riffs down and flick em to you. What's the best way? Dropbox?

I have this handheld korg recording unit thingy. I'll have a crack at chucking some riffs down and flick em to you. What's the best way? Dropbox?

Yeah that'll work. I'll PM you with my email.

Started listening to Nirvana's MTV Unplugged album again, after a long hiatus from it. One thing I never noticed before was how emotionally connected to the album I was. It never struck me until now.

That might seem an odd thing to say but when I think about when this came out I was just about to turn 18, had been listening to Nirvana since I was 15 and thought I'd found a voice for my generation in Cobain and his artistry. Then when he died in April on 1994 this album wasn't released until November that year so it was so raw and powerful there's really no wonder why it was as successful as it was and so highly rated.

Love it.

Last edited:
The thing I find amazing about that show was he was apparently throwing up blood just hours before the taping. That and the AIC one were my favourite unpluggeds.
I didn't know he had been vomitting blood just before it? Wow.
Although from all the reading on Nirvana and stuff I've seen documented my understanding is that it wasn't uncommon for him.
Apparently it was due to the fact that it was the way he sang. Reflux issues or something?

On a side note: I loved the Stone Temple Pilots unplugged & LIVE ones.

I didn't know he had been vomitting blood just before it? Wow.
Although from all the reading on Nirvana and stuff I've seen documented my understanding is that it wasn't uncommon for him.
Apparently it was due to the fact that it was the way he sang. Reflux issues or something?

On a side note: I loved the Stone Temple Pilots unplugged & LIVE ones.
Stomach ulcers I think.

Oh here's a cool article on it actually.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...ain-battles-nearly-pulled-plug-014731014.html

They show some great music docos on NITV (particularly on a Sunday night, then repeated on a Monday).
This one about Mavis Staples is well worth it. Her Dad "Pops" will become your new favourite music hero. After watching this I don't think there is enough hand clapping in songs anymore (someone bring it back!!).
Only on their website for another 23 days so get onto it.
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/879178307573/mavis

Already a few albums to come out this year here are a few songs from those albums that ive liked.

Most would remember "Come with me now" from this band and how it was played to death, the album that song was one was actually pretty decent and Kongos have come out with a rather tame album this time around but this song has really hooked me.

Switchfoot have been very hit and miss throughout their career and their latest album is same same but something about this song really sticks out to me it even gets a guitar solo in there, knowing the meaning behind the song gives it even more weight.

This band released an EP last year with soem really good tracks and this album has been on repeat the last few days, this band is a mix between Rage Against The Machine and Linkin Park. Singing and political side mostly for RATM with music style closer to LP. The album is full with extremely catchy chorus's and this one is no exception.

I've always felt Switchfoot has tread too closely to alienating listeners due to their insistence on identifying as a Christian rock band instead of just a rock band.
They're massively talented musicians and at times have delivered some brilliant songs but there's just been too much bland crap inbetween.

I'm not sure how many times you can write a song about being penitent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because you thought it was s**t and you think you might spoil it or it was so ******* awesome you don't want to spoil it?

It's a ripper. I Remember Bluey is a legend at this stuff. :thumbsu:
Could be either mate. Don't want to comment until after you have been.

Pretty amazing night for music in Melbourne as we had the Prodigy, Slash and Phil Collins all playing on the same night.

Could be either mate. Don't want to comment until after you have been.
Okay so just got back. My thoughts;

• Slash was ******* awesome. To the untrained eye some people might think he's just phoning it in and to a certain extent maybe he is but it's also just that he's that ******* good it looks effortless.
  • We got Night Train which I was stoked about because in an interview I read recently he said they were playing Rocket Queen which would've been cool too but I much prefer Night Train so that was a nice surprise. What GnR song did you get?
  • It occurred to me the other guitarist had the easiest most awesome job in the world. He had to play one lead bit all night which was Izzy's bit in Night Train and the rest of the night was just playing chords, occasional hair flicking and changing guitars - of which he had a beautiful collection of I might add. A Les Paul Special EXACTLY like the one I used to have, a Les Paul, a Telecaster, some kind of Gretsch (think it might've been a Duojet with a double cutaway), a Firebird AND an ES-335 with a Bigsby if you don't mind.
  • The bass player had an awesome voice. The vocals were great overall.
  • The songs were mostly meh otherwise.
  • I wish I had seen Velvet Revolver at some stage.
  • The chick singer of Devilskin sure can holler.

They played Night Train.

Myles was struggling with his voice due to illness and we weren’t that enthused. I think having some friends at the Prodigy didn’t help.

My mate apologised to me after the show...

They played Night Train.

Myles was struggling with his voice due to illness and we weren’t that enthused. I think having some friends at the Prodigy didn’t help.

My mate apologised to me after the show...
Bummer. Myles did go off for a couple of songs and the bass player sung which I thought was a bit odd. I guess that explains it. I couldn't tell he was crook though so maybe he was a bit better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back