HowYouDoin

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Real Madrid
thank ******* god. Maybe now we can actually get a decent sponsor. Also, one that doesn't ruin our ******* jumper

Well that's... interesting. The statement reads like we made that call, especially since we've "been monitoring the situation since early January". I wonder what transpired to rip that one up so quickly.

Their website isn't loading and their last Facebook post was on the 26th of Feb... I'm guessing they've gone belly up?

edit: ahh, found the chatter in the other thread. That sponsorship did seem quite odd from the start, especially for a tech group, but then for a startup as well. I wonder if their investors weren't particularly chuffed seeing their seed investments getting soown in the wrong way and decided to uproot (I'm sorry, I had to try for a pun somewhere).

Last edited:

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
Well that's... interesting. The statement reads like we made that call, especially since we've "been monitoring the situation since early January". I wonder what transpired to rip that one up so quickly.

Their website isn't loading and their last Facebook post was on the 26th of Feb... I'm guessing they've gone belly up?

Probably shouldn’t have used an ambiguous “tech startup” as a major sponsor. The upfront sponsorship fee must have outweighed the cost of rebranding everything?

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Saw some BigFooty flog moderator live tweeting from the Vic members forum last night.

Sounds like Swanny is confident we will have a new sponsor lined up as early as next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back