Preview Rnd 1 - Melbourne vs Port Adelaide 23th March 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't help but feel that, even though some of these guys wouldn't have wanted to stay and some of them were past it, the sheer number of games lost from our list in the past two seasons' delistings/trades does leave our depth super-vulnerable for an injury 'crisis' such as this.

Pederson, Bugg, Kent, Tyson, Vince (retired - by direction), Kennedy, Watts, Trengove, Garland, Spencer.

(have intentionally left out Hogan for May/KK, aware that we get a few games in our favour there)

I can't help but feel that, even though some of these guys wouldn't have wanted to stay and some of them were past it, the sheer number of games lost from our list in the past two seasons' delistings/trades does leave our depth super-vulnerable for an injury 'crisis' such as this.

Pederson, Bugg, Kent, Tyson, Vince (retired - by direction), Kennedy, Watts, Trengove, Garland, Spencer.

(have intentionally left out Hogan for May/KK, aware that we get a few games in our favour there)

I dunno mate think about the names who won't play this weekend.

May, Lever, Wagners, J.Smith, AVB, Garlett, Hannan, Preuss, Kolodjashni, JKH, Stretch

I think that depth is fine
That's May Lever an Hannan are best 22 as is AVB when fit.

Dean Kent as a small forward is the only player we might miss

I think we will still have a stronger round 1 line up than last year.

1553119009458.png

Swap these players

C Maynard for J Viney (major upgrade)
Pederson for T Mac (major upgrade)

B Vince for A Brayshaw (Upgrage)
J Garlett for Spargo (break even)
Lever for Frost (break even Lever played like crap early days)
Hogan for Weid (break even if Weid continues end of 2018 form)
J Wagner for M Hore (Who knows Wagner may even get the call up)
M Hannan for for B Stretch (Downgrade)

Don't disagree with your responses Topkent & harry000 - I guess the difference is simply we aren't going to be leaving out a lot of experienced players from our matchday squad, which we have been able to do in recent years. My fear is that while we have a long injury list, there's not enough competition for places due to a less experienced list than in previous seasons.

The flipside is that when we get everybody fit, we don't seem to have passengers as we've had in the past.

Appreciate I'll be in the minority on this, but I would have loved to have Bernie Vince up our sleeve for one more season - he still managed to play 17 matches for a team who played finals in 2018.

Don't disagree with your responses Topkent & harry000 - I guess the difference is simply we aren't going to be leaving out a lot of experienced players from our matchday squad, which we have been able to do in recent years. My fear is that while we have a long injury list, there's not enough competition for places due to a less experienced list than in previous seasons.

The flipside is that when we get everybody fit, we don't seem to have passengers as we've had in the past.

Appreciate I'll be in the minority on this, but I would have loved to have Bernie Vince up our sleeve for one more season - he still managed to play 17 matches for a team who played finals in 2018.

I wish Bernie played VFL for Casey but he was no where near getting a game this year

If Lewis wasn't a 4x premiership player he wouldn't be near the side either

I think you are a little too worried about a scenario that might not happen mate. At the end of the day we still have the same amount of players on the list as last year.

2016 Round 2 probably taught me to never be over confident, which is weird because i'd seen what an upset looked like from out side, but not ever thought of what it was like to lose the game you we're supposed to win
Really? We had made a habit of losing games where we went in favourites. To be fair, we were losing most games...

I dunno mate think about the names who won't play this weekend.

May, Lever, Wagners, J.Smith, AVB, Garlett, Hannan, Preuss, Kolodjashni, JKH, Stretch

I think that depth is fine
That's May Lever an Hannan are best 22 as is AVB when fit.

Dean Kent as a small forward is the only player we might miss
Yep we are going to miss Kents 10 touches a and a goal a game evry forth week when he actually would get on the park

Kent was a handy player but **** me his importance is being super inflated on the back of him hardly playing for 2 years and then moving to a rabble of a club

Yep we are going to miss Kents 10 touches a and a goal a game evry forth week when he actually would get on the park

Kent was a handy player but **** me his importance is being super inflated on the back of him hardly playing for 2 years and then moving to a rabble of a club

I think your misunderstanding.

We only miss him as depth in an area we are struggling in right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the forecast for this game, and it should come as no surprise but what the weather looks like a mess. FFS Melbourne get your weather in order

Yeah but with Garlett Smith and Hannan out he would have been good.
He would be, but again he'd only be good for us if he could manage more than 3 games in a row without sitting the next 8 out..

I'm a Kent fan, but at some point, like NicNat, getting injured all the time is actually a player attribute

Hannan is hurt PerfectFooty

Fritsch can spend more time fwd? Gives Stretch a pure wing role

Nah Fritsch is too much of an asset on the wing.

Better runner than Stretch and takes riskier kicks at a higher DE IMO.

We only miss him as depth in an area we are struggling in right now

I agree mate, we really are struggling at the moment to find players with no right foot. Its a huge concern 😝

Fritsch is also a marking option on the wing and is about the same pace as Stretch.

Definietley didn't look slow in the grand final sprint!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back