Preview Round 0 vs. Sydney, Thursday 7 March, 7:30pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling no Kozzy and no McAdam has meant a few other roles have shifted around more - Until McAdam is in perhaps Trac will play a little more forward than planned, which has meant the Laurie/ANB/Salem mix has shifted a little? And we don't really have another player like Kozzy, so maybe Spargo will play a different kind of role to the usual half forward style one? IMO, Laurie, Spargo and Billings are fighting for 2 spots next week.
Yeah, you're probably right. And hey, it's good that they're looking at expanding the midfield mix. Though Laurie doesn't really inspire all that much.

To me though, I think it'd be extraordinarily stiff if Billings misses out on starting – he hasn't put a foot wrong and is exactly what we need. He was better than Laurie and Chandler in the practice matches, and Spargo is seemingly being rushed in off an injury despite playing in neither of them. Sure, can make the argument for Spargo's defensive work getting him a place with no Koz, but I'd have Billings comfortably ahead of the other two in a half-forward role.

Yeah, you're probably right. And hey, it's good that they're looking at expanding the midfield mix. Though Laurie doesn't really inspire all that much.

To me though, I think it'd be extraordinarily stiff if Billings misses out on starting – he hasn't put a foot wrong and is exactly what we need. He was better than Laurie and Chandler in the practice matches, and Spargo is seemingly being rushed in off an injury despite playing in neither of them. Sure, can make the argument for Spargo's defensive work getting him a place with no Koz, but I'd have Billings comfortably ahead of the other two in a half-forward role.

Yep agree. I'd have Billings ahead of Laurie and Spargo as it stands. Chandler I think is a different role and with Kozzy out they wouldn't have thought of leaving him out IMO. With Clarry back, Salem looking a good addition and even ANB running through a bit, I really hope we're not giving Laurie midfield minutes this week.

Spargo made some noises about moving away last year from memory and I believe we reassured him that he was required and more games would be given to younger players moving forward.

Perhaps we have left ourselves morally obliged to play him early?

Spargo made some noises about moving away last year from memory and I believe we reassured him that he was required and more games would be given to younger players moving forward.

I'd say more likely if there is an effort to kick the footy better then you play spargo because he doesn't need to be taught

You (the club, not you) are going into dangerous territory if this is the case, which I don't think it is anyway.

Alan Richardson only said a month ago that he's our best ball user going inside 50 and then taking into account that he adds defensive pressure as well is why I think he's playing tomorrow night.

After he was completely ineffective in finals pressure let's give Laurie a game against Sydney on the small ground.
Righto.
I think we may agree so should probably throw a Bigfooty party to honour the event

After he was completely ineffective in finals pressure let's give Laurie a game against Sydney on the small ground.
Righto.
Out of the other players on the bench I don't see Laurie getting ahead of them. Unless he has had a massive pre-season and I mean massive.

They have committed to Windsor, the upside of Chandler is too good to not go with, they have to play Billings (and get him to be the inside 50 guy I presume). So that leaves Bowie vs Laurie.

For round 0 I am upbeat but reserve future depression for later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You (the club, not you) are going into dangerous territory if this is the case, which I don't think it is anyway.

Alan Richardson only said a month ago that he's our best ball user going inside 50 and then taking into account that he adds defensive pressure as well is why I think he's playing tomorrow night.

Definitely a barometer player, I know he is more icing on the cake but if we are getting the ball to him in dangerous positions it usually means the team is fucntioning well and he'll hit targets inside F50. I still reckon he is probably pushed out of the side pretty soon, but the coaches seem to like him. Does make sense if he plays with Kozzy out though.

Out of the other players on the bench I don't see Laurie getting ahead of them. Unless he has had a massive pre-season and I mean massive.

They have committed to Windsor, the upside of Chandler is too good to not go with, they have to play Billings (and get him to be the inside 50 guy I presume). So that leaves Bowie vs Laurie.

For round 0 I am upbeat but reserve future depression for later.
Bowser is always best 22 imo, would be a travesty if he is sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back