Review Dogs Run Out Of Legs And Lose To Collingwood - Rd 4 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact you say Lloyd was our best forward shows why we barely are able to score despite multiple forward entries.

He came cheap so have no complaints with picking him up but there is a reason he barely played for the tiges in 2017 and 2018
But he was far from our worst tonight, kept us in it. Dickson, Schache and Gowers kept us from winning it!

Cheers mate, devastating finish but good to see us keeping up. We face off round 14 again so I look forward to the rematch.

Hopefully we have something to stop Grundy this time because he was a monster. Also never drop Varcoe again, tore us to shreds at times
Look forward to it mate. I actually thought we didn’t capitalise on Grundy’s ruckwork anywhere near much as we should have but that might be a discussion for our board. English didn’t drop his head once though and kept fronting up which shows some pretty good character.

Thought we just lacked steam and some decision making in the final third. Thought our forwards looked static and didn't take many running marks to the chest etc. We weren't smart with the ball in the last quarter and if smith hit that goal we could have had a very different night. Some more bods back like Boyd and we'll compete with anyone.
Do you guys forget just how bad Tom Boyd has been for the last two years?

I know people are frustrated with Schache, and rightly so, but Boyd was serving up the exact same performances every week when he was last playing.

Dickson is very finished.

100 games, job done. Get Cavarra in the side now.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?.

Cavarra's not due back for 3-5 weeks and has shown nothing at this stage to suggest that he will come straight into the side.

Disappointed with the overall result but not the effort. If someone told me that at Rd 4 we would be 2-2 (having played 3 of last years finalists), I would have taken it and run. More positives than negatives from that game for me.

You fellas will be okay - the cattle is there for you don’t worry about that. Pretty good contest in the end. Not sure if we play again this year but good luck for the rest of the year.

Much better than the d!ckhead suns supporter last week. Good game tonight

So much to like and be encouraged about. Desperately need an injection of class, speed and skill. Lipinski, Lynch, Dale, Williams and Webb should be introduced sooner rather than later.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?.

Cavarra's not due back for 3-5 weeks and has shown nothing at this stage to suggest that he will come straight into the side.
Actually I haven't really been keeping up over the last week. Last I heard it wasn't clear how long he'd be out.

That being said, he's shown more than enough form in the VFL for the last two years to merit a spot ahead of Dickson now, who's off the pace.

English and Richards are still learning their craft, but they are virtual passengers at this point. Play them every week if we’re tanking, but if we have aspirations of making finals I just don’t understand selecting them every week.

Wood had a couple of good intercepts/spoils this week but they’ve been few and far between this year. If he wasn’t captain he would be dropped, but my guess is he’ll play for the foreseeable future.

Frustrating. We had some good moments.

Bontempelli was very good, looked brilliant under pressure tonight. Naughton took some brilliant contested marks in the third quarter. Also thought that Daniel, Lloyd, Suckling, Hunter, Liberatore and Dickson were quite good. And what a great mark from Crozier! Certainly more positives to take out from this compared to last week.

I think that a search party may need to be sent out to find Schache and Gowers as they were no where to be seen tonight. Wood took a couple of good marks but these were outnumbered by poor moments. Ed Richards was frustrating me a little bit with stupid kicks into the forward 50.

The mainboard gameday thread is full of stupid idiots. There was a North (Norf) flog and Brisbane flog there tonight continously making stupid posts and showing their hatred.

There were also North, Tigers, Pies and Blues supporters raving about how good Bont is. Every club has all kinds.

Frustrating. We had some good moments.

Bontempelli was very good, looked brilliant under pressure tonight. Naughton took some brilliant contested marks in the third quarter. Also thought that Daniel, Lloyd, Suckling, Hunter, Liberatore and Smith were quite good. And what a great mark from Crozier! Certainly more positives to take out from this compared to last week.

I think that a search party may need to be sent out to find Schache and Gowers as they were no where to be seen tonight. Wood took a couple of good marks but these were outnumbered by poor moments. Ed Richards was frustrating me a little bit with stupid kicks into the forward 50.

The mainboard gameday thread is full of stupid idiots. There was a North (Norf) flog and Brisbane flog there tonight continously making stupid posts and showing their hatred.
Let me at the norf flog, how’s Owen going? Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you guys forget just how bad Tom Boyd has been for the last two years?

I know people are frustrated with Schache, and rightly so, but Boyd was serving up the exact same performances every week when he was last playing.
He goes alright in the ruck and right now I'd give Gower's a spell in the vfl. I think the kid English will need some rest.

But he was far from our worst tonight, kept us in it. Dickson, Schache and Gowers kept us from winning it!
Not just looking at tonight. We were not good enough and we are not playing finals this year. He does not contribute enough for an experienced player. Dont disagree at all with the players you have named just would add Lloyd to the list

Cannot criticize effort but too many players are not contributing. Wood, Schache, Durea, Gowers, English, Lloyd for a start were poor contributors . I am sure there are a couple more I missed.

Bring up players performing well in the VFL. I don't know if we will do any better but am sure we could do no worse

Funny how we see the game differently.

Certainly can criticise effort. Schache's heart wasnt in it. Really poor.

Lloyd was our most creative fwd and set up multiple chances Imo.

Grundy grew better and slaughtered us in the last as English understandably tired. Should have played Trengove off a five day break.

Wood is worrying.

Crozier and Daniel were superb.

Naughton almost Carey like for a period.

Mids struggled hard but with no supply and no legs were smashed in the last.

Despite being (unsurprisingly) murdered in the hit outs, I thought English was good around the ground, but our mids clearly suffered from getting no service from ruck contests. They were always playing catch-up. Smith gets better every week. Schache was unsighted, but deserves another chance after good performances in the first two weeks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty happy with the result I expecting a thumping and we should have been wit those ruck stats

Dickson
Wallis
Gowers
Dunkley
Wood
McLean
SCHACHE

You can all f@ck off

Something needs to be done about those 7. They've seriously let the team down the past 2 weeks (gowers was ok vs suns). If wallis plays he must stay in the fwd 50. Dunkley's ball drop is awful. Must be fixed, or he needs to be traded. He's the worst ball drop on the list.

I wouldn’t write off any of the players out there, but some of them definitely are not up to it at the moment and are on the path to a stint in the 2s.

Richards and English definitely in this category. I’d have Williams and Trengove in for Carlton.

Dunkley is an interesting one. Utterly ineffective as a forward so I’d say either put him back in the mids or drop him. If it were up to me I’d have him takings Wallis’s mid time for Wal as a pure forward.

Wood would be dropped after that performance if he was a first year player and Bev needs to make that clear to him. Has been poor for a while now and can’t be kept in the side just because he’s captain.

I guess the issue is we just don’t have much depth outside of this 22. In desperate need of key defenders in the off season.

Respectfully disagree on Woody. Can remember five or six contests he won, there were plenty worse than him tonight

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a bad effort. Collingwood's inaccuracy in front of goal probably kept us in it. They're a stronger and harder side than we are at the moment. Our talls are all so young and have a lot of room for improvement. Collingwood played in a Grand Final last year and we finished 13th so the fact that we almost kept up with them of a 5 day break was a strong effort.

JJ looked very scared to take the game on and played very safe. Can't blame him after missing JLT and the first three games. Will be better for the run.

Wood had a few good moments but looks a shadow of his former self. Looks like a man very down on confidence.

Naughton. Just wow. Him and Bont are the future of our side.

Bailey Smith is showing us why he was so highly rated. Becoming one of my favourite players very fast. Looks a future captain to me (maybe in Bont's twilight years).

English was battling the best ruckman in the game tonight and was monstered in the hitouts but didn't lower his colours.

Schache has been missing for a few weeks. Hopefully Boyd can put some pressure on his spot.

I'd like to see Wallis and McLean swap roles. Wallis is costing us multiple goals every week with bad turnovers but he wasn't alone tonight. I'd rather see McLean on ball so he can influence games a bit more and keep Wallis as a pressure forward.

Funny how we see the game differently.

Certainly can criticise effort. Schache's heart wasnt in it. Really poor.

Lloyd was our most creative fwd and set up multiple chances Imo.

Grundy grew better and slaughtered us in the last as English understandably tired. Should have played Trengove off a five day break.

Wood is worrying.

Crozier and Daniel were superb.

Naughton almost Carey like for a period.

Mids struggled hard but with no supply and no legs were smashed in the last.
Good point about seeing the game differently. I suppose I was more looking at team effort, but some individual efforts yeah i agree with you.

Disagree with Lloyd, however I have low expectations and he is surpassing them.

Fully agree with the rest of your comments though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back