FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be nice for the cold king in the north to not simply be evil for the sake of evil.
Its looking very unlikely now. They have made no attempt to give him any character. I have a feeling the white walkers are just a side story and will be killed in ep 3. The last three episodes will be a battle with Cersei. I dont want this story. But I fear this is what it will be.

No it hasnt been explained at all. In fact those explanations are so poor it reinforces the fact that it was completely unnecessary.

Come on mate, it's a bloody TV Show.

Littlefinger has been a massive player since the start of the show; there needed to be a pay off and a climax around his death - they aren't going to murder him in his sleep.

Arya and Sansa had significant tension between them - which kept the viewer guessing.

Sansa outsmarting LittleFinger was massive for her character development. Both to the viewer; but also within the world of the show.

It is a TV show, obviously it is playing to the audience; why the heck are you guys debating these ridiculous propositions?

The other problem with the setup is the white walkers have the universes greatest achilles heal. No matter how well they are winning a battle you only have to kill one of them. Really all the westerosis have to do is setup the battle to provide a path for the dragon to breathe fire on the night king. Then white walkers are all gone. Ofcourse I have zero faith that the writers will show us why this option is not possible or prevented by the night king. They will just ignore it.

I believe he called Sansa "a dumb bitch"

:D

If his motivation was purely total domination he wouldn't have waited 8,000 years to try. Something specific has to have triggered him to gather forces and march south - the question is what.

What was he up to before the Dragons came to life?

They were already doing weird s**t behind the wall, but were they going to stay there, just doing their weird s**t?

Its looking very unlikely now. They have made no attempt to give him any character. I have a feeling the white walkers are just a side story and will be killed in ep 3. The last three episodes will be a battle with Cersei. I dont want this story. But I fear this is what it will be.
What if part of the reason the dragon family go mad is because one of their own is required to sit on the frozen throne in the north AND in the south for balance.

Something about strong dragons etc etc

Jon Snow ends up being the new night king of the north

The other problem with the setup is the white walkers have the universes greatest achilles heal. No matter how well they are winning a battle you only have to kill one of them. Really all the westerosis have to do is setup the battle to provide a path for the dragon to breathe fire on the night king. Then white walkers are all gone. Ofcourse I have zero faith that the writers will show us why this option is not possible or prevented by the night king. They will just ignore it.

Like the Eagles from LotR :D

They have the zombie dragon to fight the other dragons. Do agree that I'm a little concerned that anything as the backstory for the white walkers will come off as an asspull.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if part of the reason the dragon family go mad is because one of their own is required to sit on the frozen throne in the north AND in the south for balance.

Something about strong dragons etc etc

Jon Snow ends up being the new night king of the north
The Children of the Forest didn't have access to Targs when they created the NK. He was likely a First Man, so potentially an ancestor of someone from The North (as the South was mostly taken over by the Andals when they came across from Essos).

There is a theory that he might be a Stark, but I think that is a book thing

They are at Winterfell.

I dont recall seeing them there during E1. I love their long shield. Here they are in lego form

HXBd1Rr.jpg

Wish we saw more of their destroyation of the boltons at the battle

Come on mate, it's a bloody TV Show.

Littlefinger has been a massive player since the start of the show; there needed to be a pay off and a climax around his death - they aren't going to murder him in his sleep.

Arya and Sansa had significant tension between them - which kept the viewer guessing.

Sansa outsmarting LittleFinger was massive for her character development. Both to the viewer; but also within the world of the show.

It is a TV show, obviously it is playing to the audience; why the **** are you guys debating these ridiculous propositions?

This is a good point and really the answer to most pedantic discussions about tv shows in general and GoT in particular - its a TV show, they shoot scenes and construct stories in a way that will have the greatest dramatic pay-off for the viewer (well mostly - Stannis' death I'm looking at you :p)

As long as there's a conceivable scenario that allows it to happen its fine I reckon.

I dont recall seeing them there during E1. I love their long shield. Here they are in lego form

HXBd1Rr.jpg

Wish we saw more of their destroyation of the boltons at the battle

I'm only going on Royce being quite to the fore. He's there when Jon arrives, in the hall and talking to Sansa when Tyrion approaches to speak with her.

I assume he's in charge of the KoV until Robin reaches a suitable age.

Do John and gang know that? Honestly can't remember.

Mike123 literally called her a dumb bitch. If you aren't arguing she's stupid then you've wasted numerous pages that look pretty convincing.
I’ll take that back, she not dumb, she’s just not smart. She has average intelligence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back