Streaming Masters of the Air

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess the question now is, does Hanks go and produce a Navy based show?

Done the Army, Marines and the Army Air Corps, you would think if there’s a last one could be something like the USS Alabama or Missouri.

He obviously has a bit of experience having done the Greyhound.

I think another Army unit would be great, possibly armor corps which could go from fighting in Italy all the way through to Germany

It would also be interesting if he did a Vietnam or Korea unit.

Is the P51 the most important plane to ever see combat?
It was damn good. And to think it was a bit of a accident. The Allison engine it originally had was inadequate and they were ready to scrap the whole design. Then some brilliant spark thought of putting a Merlin in. :thumbsu:
It served in Korean and in other air forces for a long time.
It would be interesting to see how it would fare against a full strength Luftwaffe. They were already feeling the attrition and talent drain after years of war. Their best aces in the 109Gs and 190 Doras would be a match. Some of the last IJ and Italian models could fly with it. It was the right plane at the right time.

It was damn good. And to think it was a bit of a accident. The Allison engine it originally had was inadequate and they were ready to scrap the whole design. Then some brilliant spark thought of putting a Merlin in. :thumbsu:
It served in Korean and in other air forces for a long time.
It would be interesting to see how it would fare against a full strength Luftwaffe. They were already feeling the attrition and talent drain after years of war. Their best aces in the 109Gs and 190 Doras would be a match. Some of the last IJ and Italian models could fly with it. It was the right plane at the right time.
Spot on.

I guess the question now is, does Hanks go and produce a Navy based show?

Done the Army, Marines and the Army Air Corps, you would think if there’s a last one could be something like the USS Alabama or Missouri.

He obviously has a bit of experience having done the Greyhound.

I think another Army unit would be great, possibly armor corps which could go from fighting in Italy all the way through to Germany

It would also be interesting if he did a Vietnam or Korea unit.
Well, technically all three Departments within the Department of Defense have been represented with the Marines coming under the Department of the Navy. However, if they were to do a Navy one I reckon a PT boat one would be good

Well, technically all three Departments within the Department of Defense have been represented with the Marines coming under the Department of the Navy. However, if they were to do a Navy one I reckon a PT boat one would be good
Maybe take over the McHale's Navy franchise? :tongueoutv1:

Yeah PT boats would be good. They'd the boats themselves, and different island locations. Lots of night action, though. They could even work in a cameo by JFK.
Doing a CV series could weave in Navy fighter pilots. :thumbsu:

Maybe take over the McHale's Navy franchise? :tongueoutv1:

Yeah PT boats would be good. They'd the boats themselves, and different island locations. Lots of night action, though. They could even work in a cameo by JFK.
Doing a CV series could weave in Navy fighter pilots. :thumbsu:
If McHale's Navy taught me nothing else (aside from the dangers to land vehicles from sea-launched torpedoes) it's that there would be shenanigans, and everyone loves shenanigans!

If McHale's Navy taught me nothing else (aside from the dangers to land vehicles from sea-launched torpedoes) it's that there would be shenanigans, and everyone loves shenanigans!
Would be a bold move for hanks and Spielberg to pivot to slapstick military shenanigans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back