Society/Culture At Least 42 Dead And Hundreds Injured In Church And Hotel Bombings (Now 259 Dead)

Remove this Banner Ad

Factory owner? Doesn't seem like the typical disaffected young man stereotype.
I've read about that stereotype being a furph. There's been studies done which show the average terrorist bomber has a tertiary education and isn't the misguided and disaffected youth caught up in an extremist's net. Quick Google should bring that info up.

Islam is a disaster for world peace
25% of the world is Islamic, if they really were all violent warmongers we'd all be dead.

As far as world peace goes I'm not sure any religion is helpful.
Keep digging.
Not sure what else there is to say really, 300 people dead and some dude is bitching about what clothes a woman decided to wear a month ago... :drunk:

I thought Christianity was about helping poor people and whatever, not waiting until a bunch of people have been blown to s**t so you can bitch about "lefties".

25% of the world is Islamic, if they really were all violent warmongers we'd all be dead.

Too busy fighting each other.

As far as world peace goes I'm not sure any religion is helpful.

Funnily enough, "no religion" has a pretty bad record too.

Not sure what else there is to say really, 300 people dead and some dude is bitching about what clothes a woman decided to wear a month ago... :drunk:

I thought Christianity was about helping poor people and whatever, not waiting until a bunch of people have been blown to s**t so you can bitch about "lefties".

Putting words in my mouth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it ever came down to a shitfight between religious fanatics and the godless, given equal arms, I know where my money would be.
You for real?

Religious fanatics have been blowing each-other up for centuries, me and the rest of the heathens could sit around a slab of beer and a PS2 and we'd still s**t it in.

I mean, only just the other day about 300 christians got killed in Sri Lanka by a bunch of islamic terrorists, the real kicker is they both believe in the same god... it's crazy!

If it ever came down to a shitfight between religious fanatics and the godless, given equal arms, I know where my money would be.
It's an interesting thought experiment.

One side, when thinking logically, shouldn't find value in a single life since we are all equally insignificant expressions of random chance. So they shouldn't have a problem with group thinking the few to suicide bomb for the many.

Except they will because humans are quite selfish in isolation and there is nothing to gain from it.

The other side have a party to get to after this war and dying gets them a better spot in it, they might value the life of the one more because it's a reflection of god's image in man, but they are keeping their eye on the prize.

They'll win because even if they die, they win and the atheists will take surrender and defeat over death and victory.

That's why religious fundamentalists are so scary. It's truly no holds barred.

Not at all. Just explaining the context of my original comment which you sniped at.

Good to know.

I mean, only just the other day about 300 christians got killed in Sri Lanka by a bunch of islamic terrorists, the real kicker is they both believe in the same god... it's crazy!

There is little in common between the Allah of Islam and the God of Christianity.

Incompetence or deliberate inaction?
Subliminal or institutionalised prejudice most likely, rather than incompetence.
Most Government and Security services could probably be described as Sinhalese centric. Probably to describe it as deliberate inaction, might be going too far.
I'll split the difference and suggest it could be "considered inaction".

For example»
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...a-christians-religious-minorities-persecution

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

There is little in common between the Allah of Islam and the God of Christianity.
I mean aside from them both being monotheistic patriarchal horse s**t based on the same rubbish stories which 2000 years later still inspire crazy people to do crazy s**t...

Last edited:
Good to know.

However, muslims do believe Jesus the pacifist was a prophet and he gets a few mentions. Unfortunately the warmonger prophet Muhammad is said to have delivered God's word verbatim but they cherry pick what they want, really, the lot of them even if Islam would do well with a renaissance and reformation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back