Society/Culture At Least 42 Dead And Hundreds Injured In Church And Hotel Bombings (Now 259 Dead)

Remove this Banner Ad

Newsflash, not all people who celebrate easter are religious. But you know, continue fighting the Fraser Anning led fight in the faux war, made up inside the tiny little minds of those who believe it.

I would have thought that the word worshippers is generally used to denote people of a religious bent. Not always, by far and away in the main.

This is just terrible logic. It's like saying that because both Twinings and Dilmah have tea bags, they're the same tea. It's a failure of critical thinking.
Why are you comparing a fictitious character to tea bags?

Batman is still Batman regardless of who wrote the script.

It's an expression of compartmentalizing for convenience.

Sure, but doing it in such a dishonest way suggests it's more than that too. It's not just about not being interested in the difference between them, it's about an active loathing for anyone who would dare threaten the compartmentalisation, as demonstrated further above.

Sure, but doing it in such a dishonest way suggests it's more than that too. It's not just about not being interested in the difference between them, it's about an active loathing for anyone who would dare threaten the compartmentalisation, as demonstrated further above.
It shouldn't be a surprise to you that questioning the fundamentals underpinning your understanding of 'the other' would be met with either deep introspective analysis or sharp attack against the question, especially when the decisions made about topics have been quickly processed to fit into convenient pre-existing and manageable boxes.

That person might not be inclined to see a grey or a nuance. They require control of the subject matter within their own mind.

I will point out now that I haven't questioned someone's ability TO see grey or subtlety, just their allocated mental energy to doing it.

So since nobody feels like I called them a simple minded fool, we are all still friends.

Fraser Anning has come out on twitter stating that his post Christchurch comments about Islam/terrorism are vindicated. He has asked where egg boy is, whether Jacinda is going to dress up in solidarity and has questioned the media and politicians muted reaction to this atrocity. The news report of this has labelled it a "bizarre rant" and led with the headline "Anning taunts egg boy".

Meanwhile Perth Now has been dragged into acknowledging the incident happened as it has emerged that two doctors killed were living in Perth. To date the PM has also refused to comment on who the perpetrators are and Waleed has reverted to "incidents happen in a big city".

It shouldn't be a surprise to you that questioning the fundamentals underpinning your understanding of 'the other' would be met with either deep introspective analysis or sharp attack against the question, especially when the decisions made about topics have been quickly processed to fit into convenient pre-existing and manageable boxes.

That person might not be inclined to see a grey or a nuance. They require control of the subject matter within their own mind.

I will point out now that I haven't questioned someone's ability TO see grey or subtlety, just their allocated mental energy to doing it.

So since nobody feels like I called them a simple minded fool, we are all still friends.

I really don't need a lesson on how presuppostions work, I talk about them all the time.

I get that followers of the different derivatives of Judaism want to argue that their version of the one true almighty God who created all human life through some guy named Adam in the middle east thousands of years ago is different to other people's version of the one true almighty god who created all life through some guy named Adam in the middle east thousands of years ago but...

... they're really not.

Wow you're so deep, is your mother a philosopher?

I get that followers of the different derivatives of Judaism want to argue that their version of the one true almighty God who created all human life through some guy named Adam in the middle east thousands of years ago is different to other people's version of the one true almighty god who created all life through some guy named Adam in the middle east thousands of years ago but...

... they're really not.

As I've said before, Islam's approach to them is only what Mohammed told them about the Jewish prophets and Jesus, and he was "all ears", as one contemporary detractor called him. He believed whatever he was told, which is why he not only has very weird interpretations and mistranslations of Old Testament narrative, he also has alongside it Jewish, Persian and Arabian folklore. Islam is essentially a mushing together of multiple different religions, which is why the attributes of Allah are so different to the attributes of the Christian God. Even the order to creation in Islam is totally different to what we see in Genesis, because Muhammad used his interpretation of the story he was told, adds and removes some things here and there, and ends up with something very different involving Adam, yes, but also jinn (ie. genies), which were part of Arabian pagan folklore.

Good thing I wasn't talking to you

I honestly couldn't tell who you were speaking to.

So sad to hear that hundreds of Easter Worshippers were killed. My worst fear is of course the blowback innocent Muslims will face following this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So sad to hear that hundreds of Easter Worshippers were killed. My worst fear is of course the blowback innocent Muslims will face following this.
Muslims should be safe, "Eid al-Adha Worshippers" on the other hand, well who's turning the other cheek.

Last edited:
How is that racist? Many companies have moved their call centres to India. That is a known fact. Calling someone Indian is racist?

It's pretty much racial profiling. Something the left squealed about coppers doing in this country, so it's been more or less banned.

BTW, I just had a shouting match with a Filippino call centre person via Foxtel.

It's pretty much racial profiling. Something the left squealed about coppers doing in this country, so it's been more or less banned.

BTW, I just had a shouting match with a Filippino call centre person via Foxtel.

I giggled at the Indian call centre comment, slightly nervously my bad. Black humour can be a relief but guilty.

Might not be too far off the mark though given the mistrust between India and Sri Lanka and the rhetorical racket on Islamism that streams out of India.

... they're really not.

Wow you're so deep, is your mother a philosopher?
Of course they are the Jews and the Christians are linked not that either agree about it.

Notre Dame is a world famous tourist attraction.
which Sri Lankan Churches that were attacked would have been full of tourists?

The ones that could have been full of Catholic tourists on holiday that went to worship at Easter.

Like hotel rooms having arrows pointing towards Mecca for Muslims to worship when they're on holiday or out of town on business.

I understand that the western media focus more strongly on attacks committed against other western countries. Eg most people would be more upset about losing a sibling than a third cousin. Regardless of this, the relative silence over this one does seem odd for an attack so large and well coordinated, and that included western casualties. Not to mention many of the targets being Christians on Easter.

Reddit is actively locking many threads on the subject, despite there being communities dedicated to non-US based news. It seems people are infinitely more interested in a lone wolf attack like Christchurch than they are in one as sophisticated as this one.

Was expecting a minute of silence before the Geelong / Hawthorn game, as a mark of respect for the victim of the Sri Lanka terror attacks.... you know, like the way the AFL did for the victims of Christchurch.
Boy was I wrong.

Might've been interpreted as showing support for Christians => support for Ablett => support for Folau. At Easter. How terrible.

How did it come to pass that Christians became a public enemy in Australia?

Was expecting a minute of silence before the Geelong / Hawthorn game, as a mark of respect for the victim of the Sri Lanka terror attacks.... you know, like the way the AFL did for the victims of Christchurch.
Boy was I wrong.
Christian victims of terrorism at the hands of muslims is so common that a minute of silence every time would have us playing the Grand Final in November. But wow when a group of muslims are the victims then holy s**t let’s put your burqas out and turn to Waleed for guidance and prayer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back