Review Round 11, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Hawthorn

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Matho kicked some pivotal goals tonight. Love him in our team.

Harris was our most valuable player tonight... by some margin.

Just can't believe we got Lyons for free. GC are mad.

Rayner definitely better tonight... but we need more.

Dan McStay competed all night.... but his goal kicking is beyond a joke.

Keays to stay in.
If the shots were 40m out then we should have someone run past Dan . I guess from 20m you'd hope he'd kick them

I really feel for him because he does a lot right to get the ball. He also drops off a bit when he misses one.

It hasn't damaged us tonight . He's just got to forget the past and start afresh next week (with his shots for goal)

Robertson was the worst person out there wearing the lions Guernsey. And that's including those in the crowd, who at least cheered (meaning they already contributed more than he did).

Fagan got lucky tonight, but if he picks Robertson next week then he deserves to be sacked because anyone who thinks Robertson Is in our best 22 obviously cannot lead a team forward. Seriously, go on Reddit or Facebook or anywhere, nobody wants him playing
Go back to Facebook Muppet.

The irony of Mcstay kicking well the past three weeks, only to have a session with Alred and absolutely stink in front of the sticks. Overall his competitiveness went a long way in helping us over the line.

He was our best forward in every respect tonight bar the most critical skill for forwards.

Having said that, had a great last two weeks so just gotta hope he cleans it up.

Answerth will be special - gets better each week.
Taylor also played his best game so far in his career after that awful first quarter.
Yep, Answerth was good tonight.

Hopefully Oscar can come in for Archie and we bring in any Hackman for Robertson. Probably Walker.
Eagles was fantastic today . I'm a wrap for him and think his style would really add something to our gameplan but I guess it's not likely.

As long as we're winning games I don't care who plays

Robertson was the worst person out there wearing the lions Guernsey. And that's including those in the crowd, who at least cheered (meaning they already contributed more than he did).

Fagan got lucky tonight, but if he picks Robertson next week then he deserves to be sacked because anyone who thinks Robertson Is in our best 22 obviously cannot lead a team forward. Seriously, go on Reddit or Facebook or anywhere, nobody wants him playing
Not sure if reddit or Facebook is where I’d go if looking “seriously “

I'm no wrap for Robertson but he tries his guts out.

Same for Cam ,he has a real passion for the contest even in his present form.

I don't think now's the time to worry about who did what ,they all contributed, credit to everyone for coming back from that poor start .

We were just way better than them and we didn't drop our heads when we we were under the pump

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Oscar can come in for Archie and we bring in any Hackman for Robertson. Probably Walker.
I would keep Archie in,I thought he rucked well and he has a lot more aggression than Oscar when the ball hits the ground. His efforts in the last quarter really contributed to the win,his tackling and defensive work in the centre square were super important.

That performance is such a relief, it's by far the best we've been defensively since round 1. Andrews and Gardiner dominated all night. Taylor and Lyons both played their best games for us as well. It was nice not to have opposition outside players waltzing racking them up all night for a change.

I would keep Archie in,I thought he rucked well and he has a lot more aggression than Oscar when the ball hits the ground. His efforts in the last quarter really contributed to the win,his tackling and defensive work in the centre square were super important.
I actually think Oscar's probably better but under normal circumstances Archie did enough to hold his spot seeing he hasn't played this level for eons.

Maybe someone said something to roos, I didn't think his comments were too bad tonight

I actually like Roos. From the over the top love fest bruce, b, lingy, richo give out its refreshing for a commentator to say "that was bad, they should do better".

also after the rayner goal him laughing at it was just good fun :D

Just gonna put my word out towards the Robertson haters, made a few shockers in the first quarter definitely trying to catch back up to speed of senior level but after that, definitely played his role keeping Breust quiet as he has in the past. But I agree we did lose this one at selection ;)
It was interesting to watch him running around. It was like he had bad BO or something. He was out on his own so often but his teammates didn't kick to him. Both Rich and Hodge not kicking to Robbo when he was out on his own and going a more dangerous option cost us goals.

Really good win that one. Could and should have been by more but for some awful kicking from very good positions. Also not help by those maggots in green. That was probably the worst umpiring display I've ever seen. Truly awful. From marks not paid to deliberate out of bounds paid frustratingly inconsistently. Absolutely awful and the whole mob should be sent back to Auskick for the rest of the season.

I'm a little surprised for the low amount of love for Rich in the votes. Thought he had another great game tonight. Harris Andrews was BoG for me. Absolutely everywhere. Even getting the ball in forward 50, panicking and laying off to Lewy :D

Back