Review Round 3, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah very amusing, address the problems instead of addressing the negative posts.

wtf GIF

i think the difference with fagan is the age factor

how much longer is it reasonable to expect him to coach for?
He’s not out there physically playing, and he doesn’t seem to be in cognitive decline, so I’d say his age has very little to do with anything at this point.

One players phone might have connected to his home iCloud and his partner saw his messages and photos and it’s caused a few other players to have problems with their relationships as well, this has caused some friction between players and it’s showing.

I know nothing, but it's it is the case, it is where I expect fagan to shine.

Relationship building, people management (re) building relationships.

IF there are any player group problems I pick fagan over any other current coach to work through them.

Team cohesiveness is better than a more aggressive or whatever replacement coach you are all calling for.

Do not underestimate the need for players to be tight and bonded when it comes to covering holes in games.

I know nothing, but it's it is the case, it is where I expect fagan to shine.

Relationship building, people management (re) building relationships.

IF there are any player group problems I pick fagan over any other current coach to work through them.

Team cohesiveness is better than a more aggressive or whatever replacement coach you are all calling for.

Do not underestimate the need for players to be tight and bonded when it comes to covering holes in games.

But Fagan isnt a relationship counselor and team cohesiveness will be difficult to maintain if there are issues on the homefronts. This part of the alleged problems Fagan would be wise to steer well clear off for obvious reasons.

I'd like to see us go back to basics against North. We've been attempting things in games that are beyond our current skill level, players trying to take on and bust through multiple tackles, taking corridor kicks that require absolute precision, blind hand passes, mids not supporting eachother, forwards expecting cheap out the back goals in the goal square instead of providing a lead ect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard about this a couple of weeks ago. Not this specifically, just heard massive issues amongst prayers, trust shattered, players at odds etc. Was waiting to see if it hit the media, looks like this is it.
Leigh's response was a classic.

As if he doesn't know.

It's great to have someone old school with that calibre of character on our Board just the same.

Club always comes first.

Same here. Money for jam. Team is full of lazy heros. Kept telling people all week we are cooked but no one believed me. Losing the GF was the full stop on the last 5 years that I knew it would be.
Bit further than I went there. I felt that we went in too tall, and it was a 50/50 game before that, so value wise was worth putting a few bucks on.

I did not say we are cooked and the run is over. We are out of form. This can be rectified and doesn't happen overnight. Even then, it was a close game against last year's premier. Let's not overreact.

Saw this a couple of hours ago when reading the above paper online ... as they say, where there is smoke, there is fire.

..having said that, the article is by Sam McClure so me thinks he's been reading BigFooty as it is also in the rumour file on here

Do we have any idea which players went to Vegas? Knowing might help us fans understand why who did or didn't play well....and then hope like hell Fages can sort it out.

If rumour is true I hate to think what our season is going to be like.

A Club in turmoil it’s starting to sound like. I’ve always liked Cam at full forward, drop Hip and put Joe at centre half forward. But it’s bigger than just that …

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just suck it up Lazza . People look for racists and misogynists now the same way they used to look for Commies under the bed in our day.
Sad thing is there's enough arseholes out there who deliberately do similar to be an a-hole that, on the internet at least, you start to leap to conclusions about intent.

Just suck it up Lazza . People look for racists and misogynists now the same way they used to look for Commies under the bed in our day.
Yep typical cancel culture heroes looking to big note themselves with faux outrage when more often than note, whatever it is, wasn’t even directed them. Snowflakes.

Sad thing is there's enough arseholes out there who deliberately do similar to be an a-hole that, on the internet at least, you start to leap to conclusions about intent.
Well if you post anonymously on the internet you shouldn't be too surprised what is said.

As far as I can tell a lot of what goes up on twitter is just trying to get a rise out of someone else. Or put up misinformation to get a rise out of multitudes of people. Hardly ever see what you would describe as civilised disagreement.

Yep typical cancel culture heroes looking to big note themselves with faux outrage when more often than note, whatever it is, wasn’t even directed them. Snowflakes.

I know this wasn’t technically directed right at me but I was the one who made the post. I’m not trying to cancel anyone. I wasn’t looking for either poster to get a ban even if it wasn’t a mistake.

It was genuinely (and quite humorously in hindsight) coincidental that two different posters made the exact same typo on a player’s name which made it the feminine version of said name when the player has been (understandably) been criticised for a bad performance. It’s not like I made the leap from thin air.

I could have been better at approaching it, I admit. I was just frustrated at seeing it. I’m not looking to big note myself but more than happy for some righteous applause and maybe a Myer’s gift card.

But Fagan isnt a relationship counselor and team cohesiveness will be difficult to maintain if there are issues on the homefronts. This part of the alleged problems Fagan would be wise to steer well clear off for obvious reasons.

But he can't ignore problems that are derailing performance. Even if they are personal.

All elite coaches are also automatically counselors, not to fix the problem but to get the athlete/team back on track.

Do we have a dedicated sports psychologist on staff?

Back