Game Day Round 3, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for anyone looking out for the various threads I update, I've been on holidays in Brissie/Mooloolaba (thanks rain!) since last week. I'll get back to it when I return home next week.

And there's a game or something?

Looks like the forecast has changed for today? No rain.
Please turn up focused tonight lads.
Bring the pressure and the ruckus.
dave chappelle GIF

Apologies for anyone looking out for the various threads I update, I've been on holidays in Brissie/Mooloolaba (thanks rain!) since last week. I'll get back to it when I return home next week.

And there's a game or something?

You really picked the worst week for a holiday!

It won’t rain today, but yes we would want to win it in the air. If it hits the deck I think they’ll have too much run for us.

I really hope we don’t line up as named down back, which I assume we probably won’t. I reckon we could find some better kicks on this forum than what we’ve named there. It’s such a crucial position in today’s game too.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we going so tall against a super fit and fast side in what could be wet conditions? Feels like if our talls don't dominate we will get torched.
It should play a bit slippery out there although I am concerned the Pies will find their run and carry and fantastic spread off the ball.
We could be getting a lesson on we need more run in this side , and not just on train tracks up the middle.
For this reason it is so important we gain dominance from the stoppage, let them outside and it could get ugly.

Hey fans. Anyone know if they televise the games at Brighton homes arena, and if the kitchen and bar is open?

Last edited:
We should win.

Pies aren't going that hot and even though they've been baked in the media they still have the flag in the back pocket so mentally they can wear a lot more heat.

We wouldn't have named Fort to make him sub. I've always preferred the 2 rucks ,let's see if it works.

Oscar , Berry , Cam , Bailey , Cameron ,Payne and even Hipwood having their worth questioned should bring out the best of them back at the Gabba. If these players can get somewhere near what they're capable of we win.

You wouldn't think we'd allow Hill to run free and carve us up again. Need to keep the brakes on Elliot as well.

Despite the injuries on paper we have a good side in ,rested up, I'm optimistic.

Even if we lose this the season's not over but others might get an opportunity.

Just tell us you haven’t watched Collingwood this season.
That's the thing.
If last years collingwood turn up and last years Lions turn up , I feel confident we just get over them.
But tbh I have no confidence that we'll get back to our best , but feel Collingwood will get close.
Hope my feelings are proven wrong.
At the very least I hope we smack them around the middle, really don't want to see them get cheapies on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back