List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am Freo's greatesr good luck charm. I missed both the GWS and Collingwood game and Freo. Freo won both.

Prove me wrong
For the greater good jmt, I think you can’t watch another game this season.

Bwahahahaha I gotta love you lot. You are off the Wagon if Freo lose then on the wagon if freo win.

This isnt a normal win, this was a huge Psychological win just like the GWS game.

Still..... Remarkably with the shots freo had vs Collingwood, this should of been a 3-6 goal win.

We all wanted around 10 wins for the season, but you can see a young team developing and that is all
you can ask for.
Sure our S&C is suspect, etc, but these problems should be fixed by the club, not Left up to the coach.
As a club, team it looks like we have arrived, starting to click.
You don't flick a coach when their is unity, but I think even when Simpson won the GF the Eagles only
offered a 3 year deal.

I think Buckley said we went end to end 6 times from 7 attempts yesterday in the last qtr.

To do that against a top team near full strength on the road when for years it’s been our weakness shows genuine improvement.

Entry quality still the bugbear but I’m impressed on the whole.

I’ve always rated Lyon, even when we lost, and feel like he has both been developing players and changing his style to be more attacking, the two historical big knocks on him.

Those kicks Wilson and Ryan are taking from kickouts to central spots are aggressive, not classic Lyon.

A few fickle supporters of Ross on here I reckon.
One week they love him the next week they’re not sure if they do or not then the next week they hate him.
I’m not all that fond of him but I give him his due and he is getting along not too badly at the moment.
Someone mentioned his performances at his pressers.
I think he lets himself down a lot by arrogant dismissals of poor questions and abruptly calling a halt to the meetings.
Yesterday he was asked about the alleged touch by Mayne when Walters scored. Ross muttered a reply then said “ that’s it “ or words to that effect and then just up and left.
Not good.
On the other hand, his interaction with the team has vastly improved and I think it’s going to get him better results.
He has my support for what it’s worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish ross would handle the press a bit better. At the presser he let himself down when he got a bit shirty when he didnt need to regarding a question about brayshaw being possibly injured. I know a lot of them are bottom feeders but geewiz their job is to ask dumb questions so just play along with it. It wasnt worth another shane ur orsm moment.

Being head coach is really heavily scrutinized job. Some of these journalists need to make their questions clear. Rather then posing statements as questions.

Well you can choose to ;)....Its football...nothing you or I say on this forum changes anything. I made a decision years ago to not stress about things I have no control over....Just enjoy it for what it is :) Its never as bad or as good as it seems....wise words.
Yep, that’s pretty well my mantra these days.

More marks inside 50 than the opposition again. :thumbsu: Lots of criticism about our forward structures but we are getting the results. When the mids and forwards really click hello Valhalla. :)

I wonder what could have been if Hogan had a full pre season and Tabs didnt go down?

Second half of the season is looking good though. S Hill and maybe Bennell will add run and carry plus skills.

Don't worry be happy

Great win but still not sold on Ross Lyon....we played some exciting footy in the 3rd qtr and up by 15pts then we all of a sudden decided to shut up shop with 5 min to play and they nearly over ran us.if he stops with that negative crap I won't have much of a problem

I think he lets himself down a lot by arrogant dismissals of poor questions and abruptly calling a halt to the meetings.
Yesterday he was asked about the alleged touch by Mayne when Walters scored. Ross muttered a reply then said “ that’s it “ or words to that effect and then just up and left.
Not good.

The coaches are obligated to do x amount of minutes (6 minutes??) postgame. Ross could have sat there yesterday for an extra five minutes discussing the Mayne touch but what's the point?

Personally I love his pressers after a win. "What's your name?"

Great win but still not sold on Ross Lyon....we played some exciting footy in the 3rd qtr and up by 15pts then we all of a sudden decided to shut up shop with 5 min to play and they nearly over ran us.if he stops with that negative crap I won't have much of a problem

Lyon has over seen our first finals win at the MCG, winning the only final played in Geelong, our only Brownlow winner, our only GF appearance, our only top of the ladder finish and now one of the shortest rebuilds in recent history.
Explain what part of not being sold on Lyon do you mean.

I wonder what could have been if Hogan had a full pre season and Tabs didnt go down?

Second half of the season is looking good though. S Hill and maybe Bennell will add run and carry plus skills.

Don't worry be happy

Assuming Pearce's injury is minor and our core stays fit throughout I think we're contenders this year.

You do realise it was "Collingwood" we were playing against right. Our win was predicated on playing attacking footy and took risks when we needed to. Something many argued a Ross Lyon coached team would never be able to do.

Might have something to do with the biggest cog in the defence being taken off injured then.

I'd be surprised if that was an instruction from the coach though. It's more likely that the Fremantle players were cooked from dominating for 20 minutes which opened the door for the Pies. The swing in momentum also coincided with Pearce going off.

It's unfair to suggest that when we're going well it's the players and when we lose momentum it's the coach.

Back