Autopsy Rd 11 Carlton vs Essendon - So what did you get up to this weekend?

Who were our best players in round 12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We have to consider trading Cripps and one of Charlie and McKay just to be able to get our hands on a mix of 4 mature players who’ll play in the 22 week in week out. As bad as that sounds not much else we have going for us unless we believe it is 100% coaching which then leads to why he hasn’t been sacked already

Filled a 3 metre skip with crap lying around the farm, in between this delightful weather.

Was the footy on?

You know, I was thinking about how crap you can fit into a 3 metre skip, if you fill it carefully and then jump up and down on the lid. Perhaps we could crowdfund one for Princes Park?
You could break the world record for the most amount of crap and still wouldn’t get near cleaning the place up.

We have to consider trading Cripps and one of Charlie and McKay just to be able to get our hands on a mix of 4 mature players who’ll play in the 22 week in week out. As bad as that sounds not much else we have going for us unless we believe it is 100% coaching which then leads to why he hasn’t been sacked already
That's mental. Plenty of mature talent available at the end of the year without doing that

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just awful. No effort, no game plan, nothing.

As an indicator, Kreuzer was first in ranking points for the game due to racking up meaningless hit outs, but went at 42% disposal efficiency. The next 10 best in the match were Essendon. Next for us was Newman who managed an impressive 10 clangers and was still our SECOND BEST player.

Fasolo, Kennedy and Lang, ostensibly playing for their careers, were our 3 lowest ranking players, apart from Stocker - who at least had a crack and fell down the rankings due to a few free kicks given away

We have nothing left as a club. Essentially 3 games clear in last spot, traded our first and second picks away this year, and the list is even just as bleak as it was 4 years ago. We could delist 20 players this year who wouldn’t be picked up elsewhere. Unbelievable

Filled a 3 metre skip with crap lying around the farm, in between this delightful weather.

Was the footy on?

You know, I was thinking about how crap you can fit into a 3 metre skip, if you fill it carefully and then jump up and down on the lid. Perhaps we could crowdfund one for Princes Park?

Great idea. Really shouldn't put that sort of thing off until a rainy day ... oh it was a rainy day. Throw out anything interesting? One man's trash is another man's treasure you know.

No sign of a game plan any different to Malthouses one, no sign of an ability to make changes during a game, no sign of life from the coaches box full stop. Sack Bolton, allow him to stay as an assistant if willing, sack barker, make doc our coach for the remainder of the year.

Also weekend was good odn, sick of heading into the work week so depressed every week though.

I wish I didnt care so much. But I probably care too much. I wonder how much happier a person I would be if we could just win a few games.

I’ve been backing bolts all year. But now I’m not so sure. Surely this can’t be all coaching related though!?

I dunno. I ******* hate essendon

That is pretty much where I have ended up after the last few weeks.

I understand that progress takes time, young team, injuries etc but more and more am starting to wonder if we need a clean up from the top down.

I like Bolts.

I also like KFC. Just because I like it doesn't mean that it is good for me.

I am starting to think the same could be said for Bolts.

That's mental. Plenty of mature talent available at the end of the year without doing that

I'm not sure about that. Certainly won't find another 4 willing to come to us. As it was we got 4 last year, only 1 best 22 most weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you all can see now what I have been seeing for years.

This is the worst list in AFL history and it is all backed up with solid facts and data.The coaching quality is equal to the list quality.

Misfits and rejects nabbed out of desperation when there were almost certainly better alternatives available.

Anybody you dares to argue with me needs a straight jacket.

Put your navy blue coloured glasses in the bin and get a full dose of reality.
I can't watch this crap any longer.

Maybe the club could seek out Monsanto as a new sponsor and run out with a Roundup insignia on its jumpers.

I've loved this club for over 50 years and was lucky enough to live through our golden era. I've been patient as we have all been asked to be, but there comes a time and like the club I am cooked!

“We will strongly challenge the areas where we need to improve and also acknowledge the things that we did well.” It’s working a treat. Keep up the good work.

No consequences, just more talk.

In the future I’ll be checking the result before wasting my time watching any more of these disappointing losses.

Sadly, sacking Bolton will be just another bandaid fix. I call for an independent audit and review of every facet of this once proud club.
Agreed. However Bolton has to go this week. Put Scott in as caretaker then a complete, comprehensive, top to bottom audit at the end of the year. Every coach has got to go.

I need to whipper snip my front yard.

Cut my new pool cover to size.

Put up the netting on the kids trampoline.

I'm doing a partial renovation on my bathroom.

Wash the dogs.

Hang some pictures.

Put together some flat pack furniture.

Clean and detail my second car and sell it.

So much to do. It's going to take my next 12 weekends.

How about you?
I stopped renovating the room for our home gym to watch the game. Not sure if that was the best choice anymore.

My wife would get more out the gym than I got out of today's game. Seems like we are all just going through the motions.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not mental.. we need good solid decent players.. especially mids.. if we trade 2 players for 4 best 22 midfield rotations with ability we’re on the up. We can then easily cover for the loss of Cripps and one forward

Back