Opinion Brendon Bolton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying that a coach has lost the players is just not right, I doubt they’re that unprofessional.

I hated my last boss, she was a narcissistic, manipulative bully but I still turned up and gave 100% to my students every day. I wasn’t there for her, I was there for my class.

If our players can’t be there for the club or the supporters then what kind of professionals are they?

You make a great point AWG, but I'm not sure how else to explain the Essendon game.

Maybe, to use your example, it's not relevant that you turned up to work for your students, despite your shitty boss (honorable, by the way). What would be relevant, is whether your shitty boss would be able to continue your employment, if all your students were failing.

Watch every team play, they love their forwards getting that high then running back. they try to score on the overlap

Yes, but in that situation Fasolo shouldn't be the deepest forward matched up on Hurley. It is nonsensical and I hope we never see it again.

Might've worked with Teague at Adelaide with Betts and great midfield service, but it sure as hell ain't gonna work here.

Yes, but in that situation Fasolo shouldn't be the deepest forward matched up on Hurley. It is nonsensical and I hope we never see it again.

Might've worked with Teague at Adelaide with Betts and great midfield service, but it sure as hell ain't gonna work here.
not the kind of weather conditions either to do it in. McKay and Curnow should be deep and sit at the 50

Seems like a foregone conclusion it'll happen today now.

Now I'm just overwhelmed with a feeling of sadness for Bolts. Invested so much time trying to build something, but just couldn't find that extra spark to really make it click.

Has to happen though, unfortunately for BB the only stat that really matters is wins and losses.

Hopefully he can hang around as an assistant, but I have a feeling he'll probably want to move on.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Exactly. FMD. Don't know where the club goes from here, don't like it one bit.
I'd say the only way is up fellas. All I feel is relieved. Chance for boys to be let off the reigns a bit and ease the pressure on them.
Players in the right positions, simple and effective game plan. Only positives from here on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Bolton goes I will be very very disappointed and he is purely a sacrificial lamb to release the pressure. Nothing more nothing less

I'd rather see the club unite and stand up for a change but as usual our "powerbrokers" go for the easy option to protect themselves.

The club is a rabble.

If Bolton goes I will be very very disappointed and he is purely a sacrificial lamb to release the pressure. Nothing more nothing less
Sacking him doesn't release the pressure. It amplifies the pressure on everyone in the club who wants to keep their job. He had to go, not just as a scapegoat. His machine, his responsibility.

I'd rather see the club unite and stand up for a change but as usual our "powerbrokers" go for the easy option to protect themselves.

The club is a rabble.

If the captain and the rest of the players were still intensely driven for success, I would ordinarily agree. But ATM nobody on the list gives a *, aside from probably Walsh, Stocker and Weitering.

Seems like a foregone conclusion it'll happen today now.

Now I'm just overwhelmed with a feeling of sadness for Bolts. Invested so much time trying to build something, but just couldn't find that extra spark to really make it click.

Has to happen though, unfortunately for BB the only stat that really matters is wins and losses.

Hopefully he can hang around as an assistant, but I have a feeling he'll probably want to move on.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah my overriding feeling is sadness. Feel sad for Bolts as he put all in and went down a path that would either make him a premiership contender or absolute failure. But just feel sad about this club and here we go again. As a supporter its so disheartening to start all over again. Hoping whoever takes over next year can get this group to gel and work together and play to its best ability, but it could also all fall apart and we have to start again. Such a wasted year/s in the end. Fitzroy type win/loss records highlighted this week has put the real light on where we are as a club, irrelevant.

I’d want to understand what’s wrong before tossing Bolton. Ie, Why is a new guy going to fix it? We seem rotten to the core, disappointed if only Bolton’s head rolls.

His will be the only one that rolls today - its the easiest one without destroying the place by sacking everyone. Year end will be a different story.

I’d want to understand what’s wrong before tossing Bolton. Ie, Why is a new guy going to fix it? We seem rotten to the core, disappointed if only Bolton’s head rolls.

Whats wrong? the game plan sucks and we barely kick more than 8 goals a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back