Toast We got Bolton sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

I just think it wasn't that funny :shrug:

Interestingly we have a fair portion of our posters regularly squealing for Worsfold’s head; and yet it’s hands across the northern suburbs when our arch enemy sack their coach.
Considering the distance in which you've missed the point suddenly I'm not surprised you made this thread.

Surely there are worse things than a bit of a tongue in cheek celebration for the misfortune of a hated rival?

There are probably more worthy recipients of your sympathy than a guy who will be getting a few hundred thousand for taking the rest of the year off. I think Bolts will be OK.

Considering the distance by which you've missed the point suddenly I'm not surprised you made this thread.

I fixed that for you there, friend. If snivelling moralising and exuding intellectual superiority are your thing, you need to bring your A game. Lest you only succeed in making yourself look like a campaigner. I’ll happily take the low road when it comes to Carlton.

Interestingly we have a fair portion of our posters regularly squealing for Worsfold’s head; and yet it’s hands across the northern suburbs when our arch enemy sack their coach.

Well it's a bit like when you disparage a member of your family, that's ok because you still love them, but then someone you know does it and that's the bit that's off limits.

Surely there are worse things than a bit of a tongue in cheek celebration for the misfortune of a hated rival?

There are probably more worthy recipients of your sympathy than a guy who will be getting a few hundred thousand for taking the rest of the year off. I think Bolts will be OK.
Nah, I sort of feel for Bolton because he was expected to perform to a level that's not possible with the awful list he had at his disposal. Lots of Blues fans and seemingly the club itself think that they're only the addition of Sam Docherty away from making a push to the eight next year when in fact their list is total dog s**t and years of being smashed on the field has created an ingrained losing culture that's noticeably affecting their young stars.

SOS should be taking a lot more heat than he has. People give Dodo flack but wake me when Dodo ever goes for 4 wins in 40 games.

Sure, I think some of it comes to play the ball not the man. Have a little laugh at Carlton maybe. Just think making it about Bolten isa. bit of a cheap study.

Wanting Woosha sacked or thinking he needs tog o is IMO different to celebrating a sacking too they are an old enemy bu...yeah personally I don't like the thread celebrating the sacking directed at Bolton himself.

I watched his presser today and just felt sad for him. At all times he referred to Carlton as Our Club. I’ll actually miss him and hope he gets another chance somewhere down the line.

Did we get Bolton sacked? No, not at all. If it wasn’t this week it would have been next week or the week after, the win loss ratio was against him.

In a way all this talk of us getting him sacked just shows how disrespected we as in the Bombers are.

Anyway all hail to Beery the non fascist mod!

Bolton was doomed as soon as he took the job.

Media members close to the Blues said that the board saw him as a teacher who could develop the list for a 'finisher' coach to come over the top of and finish the premiership job. Doesnt sound overly supportive.

Combine that with the fact they turrned over almost 60% of their list in a little under 3 years amd became in essence the Carlton Giants at one point really, it would be hard for any coach to be competitive.

If he was given the role at Brisbane for example i imagine he would be experiencing similar success to Fagan. Hope he gets another shot

Bolton is honestly one of the nicest blokes in footy. I feel sorry for him.

Definitely one of the more likeable coaches.
Not what he wanted, but probably the best thing that could happen to him.
His time at Carlton appears to have sucked the joy of life out of him. Nothing is worth that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally think Carlton have pulled the wrong rein here.

Once you set a course, things very rarely go exactly to plan. Especially in footy.

I think you can forgive a coach one poor year, or one year off that course. Things happen.

It would appear everybody at Carlton thought things were pretty much hunky dory at the end of 2018.

Now they're what, 11 games into what is a s**t year, and he gets the arse?

They've shown a bit this year too I think - obviously have had some poor games too.

And they made some major errors in recruiting. They needed some older heads for this season. They could've had Goddard. People thought it would be a bad move because he looks angry on TV. Everybody who's played with him likes him.

As for the weekend being the straw... they lost with Thomas, Murphy, Jones, McGovern and Docherty on the sidelines.

I'd have stuck with him personally, at least until the end of this year.

Now, as much as they'll try to say it's not... it's back to square one.

They could've had Goddard. People thought it would be a bad move because he looks angry on TV. Everybody who's played with him likes him.

Always felt we should have left his as captain for a year or two post bans. As much as the media and fans troll him, he genuinely seems respected by his peers, and 2016 was probably the toughest and most unified we’ve played for a decade.

I'd hate to be thought of as some kind of crazy fascist so I'm going to leave this open as long as people play nice and have a modicum of respect for one another. I'd suggest if you don't like the thread, don't read or post in it.

Well said

Personally think Carlton have pulled the wrong rein here.

Once you set a course, things very rarely go exactly to plan. Especially in footy.

I think you can forgive a coach one poor year, or one year off that course. Things happen.

It would appear everybody at Carlton thought things were pretty much hunky dory at the end of 2018.

Now they're what, 11 games into what is a **** year, and he gets the arse?

They've shown a bit this year too I think - obviously have had some poor games too.

And they made some major errors in recruiting. They needed some older heads for this season. They could've had Goddard. People thought it would be a bad move because he looks angry on TV. Everybody who's played with him likes him.

As for the weekend being the straw... they lost with Thomas, Murphy, Jones, McGovern and Docherty on the sidelines.

I'd have stuck with him personally, at least until the end of this year.

Now, as much as they'll try to say it's not... it's back to square one.
I reckon it was more the end of 2017 where their general feeling was that things were on the up and up. Last year, the wheel started to turn; don't forget, they won only two games last year.

Yesterday was certainly not the reason he was sacked, but it's not completely silly to suggest the straw broke the camel's back. Yes, Carlton did have the outs you've noted (and it needs to be emphasised, Docherty has been not just a big loss in the past two years, but a humongous one), but we also were missing Daniher, Fantasia, Shiel, Stringer and Smith. All are in our top ten players. I think the meek and completely befuddled manner in which they sunk yesterday would have been particularly galling from Carlton's perspective; even if they didn't win, they were expected to give a much better account of themselves than the dross they ultimately served up, because we were ripe for the picking with our outs too.

I'll also add, Silvagni is escaping very lightly in comparison I think.

Feel bad for Bolten. The blame should not just be on him.
Only good thing out of this for us is that it is verrrrry unlikely that the blues will take already sacked Ratten off the table.
It would be funny if our next 2 coaches were Ratten and then Bolten.
But yeah, mods, please at least change the thread title to something a little less fight provoking. We of all clubs shouldve learned not to kick a guy when he's down

Always felt we should have left his as captain for a year or two post bans. As much as the media and fans troll him, he genuinely seems respected by his peers, and 2016 was probably the toughest and most unified we’ve played for a decade.
It seems silly to say it because he just kicks a ball around but it's true nonetheless - Goddard is a man of honour.

Why not finish the job, off load some deadwood, run a few raffles and get Cripps

The boot could quite easily have been on the other foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back