McGovern reported

Remove this Banner Ad

Gov pushes someone on the boundary, like happens in every game, player is hurt from contact with chair and fence.
Bellchambers get's Shuey in the head with his hip/bum in a dangerous bit of play but Shuey get's up and takes his kick.
Commentators can't wait to get Gov hung and quartered for causing Guelfi to be concussed, even though all footage and reports were about sore ribs.
Once again outcome trumps action.

Quite the opposite actually. They all seemed quite down that Guelfi being injured means McGovern is more likely to be suspended, despite none of them thinking the act itself was bad.

Needs to go to the tribunal and at least argue it down to body contact, and say that a chair being there isn't really reasonable to take into consideration in the split second.

That'll take it down to a fine - which while not ideal is at least a better result than a week.

No issue with week but some consistency with rulings would be nice they make it up as they go bunch of ammos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately that vision of him hobbling to the taxi was a bad look. That it was caused by a chair is even worse in the eyes of the AFL and someone needs to take the fall on its behalf.

Thats the thing that the taxi ride was for the ribs not the head.

So how can it be medium force to the head? If anything it would be medium force to the body and low force to the head.

Of course MRP being the flogs they are have conflated the two so its now medium force high.

Similar to concussions, I think there may need to be a longer wait period before sending players back on to the field with potential neck injuries, so the medical staff can assess. He was on the bench for a minute or so before being cleared and allowed to return and finish the quarter.

OK so I did some digging and according to this I am correct. Have a look - Zurhaar bumps him in the back (and it was in play) but it gets graded as to the head because of him hitting the sign with it. The ball was actually in dispute as well at the time of the bump which makes McGoverns even worse.

I am a little unsure how McGoverns deserves a week, but this was a fine...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back