Preview North v Pies round 15 pre game thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m thinking we always struggle against the gun players - pentelbery, Sidebottom really need to contain their input. De Goey will obviously cause headaches- is it atley to match his pace or is it Thompson to match his strength and backman craft.
The young guys - LDU, simpkin and Thomas need to display their wares.
If we stay in the contest I like our chances

Just came back from pies vs dogs and in short we have our work cut out. Im stirring all my pies mate with a bit of banter but hopefully we can show some heart and effort and not get pumped

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Tackle hard, split contests, crash packs. Make teams think about just having to play us, how its going to hurt for them regardless of the result. Yea we might not win this game for skill descrepancy like last game, but other teams are going to have to review these tapes. Put some fear into them, cash some future wins in.

Tackle hard, split contests, crash packs. Make teams think about just having to play us, how its going to hurt for them regardless of the result. Yea we might not win this game for skill descrepancy like last game, but other teams are going to have to review these tapes. Put some fear into them, cash some future wins in.

Don’t think our hardness is in question. Our blokes have proven in the last few weeks they’re up for the fight, cracking in as hard as we’ve seen in years. Over to Rhyce.....show us tactical nous.

The midfield showing from the Giants game should be worrying us coming into this game; something has to change around our stoppage set-ups to prevent teams getting easy run with loose players on the outside, and that's one area I seem to remember Collingwood consistently performing well in against us (small forwards being another...). But for all their good performance this season, they've been far from indomitable (especially over the last few weeks), they have a few significant outs, and our present effort level should see a more contested sort of game than our last few feeble matches against them. Play hard and accountable football and we definitely have a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On today’s showing you’d have to think we’re in with a reasonable chance.

We play to our recent level I think we can certainly win. In fact I'm confident we can.

They have a deep midfield sure but very vulnerable up back.

Fwds nothing great either. But get smashed in midfield like GWS then we have no chance.

Ahern in
Need better clearance players
Should have been in last game when Higgins injured

Definitely bring in an offensive mid. Ahern yes, or Aaron Hall (play on ball). Is he fit to play? Numbers had been okay in vfl and was stiff to be dropped in first place but had found competition for spots tough. Higgins out should give one of these two their chance.

But we do have to worry about Elliott and Adams returning.

A few of the Collingwood heads reckon that neither of them will get up.

Their forward line could really trouble us; Cox, Reid, Mihocek, Hoskin-Elliott, DeGoey, Elliott..

Cox: Tarrant
Reid: Thompson
Mihocek: McDonald
Hoskin-Elliott: He'll play on the wing & float forward. Good luck with that Froggy.
DeGoey: Williams

I'mn not that worried about Cox & Reid, it's the smaller quicker forwards that we'll need to watch.

A few of the Collingwood heads reckon that neither of them will get up.
From what I saw both were close this week.

Cox: Tarrant
Reid: Thompson
Mihocek: McDonald
Hoskin-Elliott: He'll play on the wing & float forward. Good luck with that Froggy.
DeGoey: Williams

I'mn not that worried about Cox & Reid, it's the smaller quicker forwards that we'll need to watch.
We'll probably allow a spud like Mihocek to kick a bag. Particularly if we have LMac playing on him.

As usual the comp is tightening up and the Fans get to ponder the pathetic losses that have stuffed the season

Hopefully here at nmfc we can look at a swag of young talent plus some guts and determination and get on a roll

Had a good look at our wins, we are a good team when Wood gets going he is incredibly important but so far Not Reliable And has plenty of mates

Talent wise we are OK
Keep our best players on the park I am still hopeful but if pies do us we cld really do with a High Pick
Just sayin

Pendlebury and Sidebottom, as always v us are the ones to do the damage when they have the pill, both should be targets of close attention all night, IF Goldy can at least break even with Grundy, we convert our chances at goalkicking, and bring the pressure like v Tigers, we can beat the pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back