Game Day Rd 1, 2024, GWS v North Melbourne (Bull 100 v Josh Kelly’s Dog’s 200 milestones) Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

True it has but it’s still a seriously limiting injury, let’s hope for the best though.

Poor Goat, had such bad luck previously and playing so well to boot.
So that’s season for Goat then?
Who do we have as a direct replacement in that position?
Miller Bergman?
LMac?
Brayden George?
Charlie Comben ?

I'd like to see what Bergman can at least do with another opportunity. But we will go, dissapointingly, with LMac.
The only problem with adding Bergman to that back 6 is that we already have a few blokes that aren’t great defensively.

Fisher, Sheezel and McKercher plus Bergman is not a very balanced defence. Great attackers but could get burnt big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the first qtr, it felt like it was going to blow out at times. To lose by 39 was encouraging and I loved the fact we played four 4 qtrs. Positives McKercher and Duursma. Shattered for Goater. I hope it is better than it looked. There has defintely been improvement IMO. We would have lost that game by 100 or more 12 months ago.

The only problem with adding Bergman to that back 6 is that we already have a few blokes that aren’t great defensively.

Fisher, Sheezel and McKercher plus Bergman is not a very balanced defence. Great attackers but could get burnt big time.
Fair point. We need more out of the talls, but they are inexperienced and, from evidence so far, not world beaters. There isn’t much else on the list unfortunately, despite us using four top 30 picks on that type a while back.

Next week we will have real understanding of the development of the boys.

Going down by 39 at their home ground is not bad I think a lot of teams will get hammered at this ground

As a like for like it should be Bergman. And say what you want about LMac, and I often do, he would have done a better job at least competing than Corr today.
Don't disagree with either of you.

Id just really like to see Bergman take the opportunity. I think he has a fair amount of upside and it cant hurt to get more experience into him for depth than to just bring in LMac by default when he hasnt really done anything to earn it in the 2's from what I hear.

Don't disagree with either of you.

Id just really like to see Bergman take the opportunity. I think he has a fair amount of upside and it cant hurt to get more experience into him for depth than to just bring in LMac by default when he hasnt really done anything to earn it in the 2's from what I hear.
I really like Bergman as a player. Just not sure the mix is great adding another attacking defender?

Need another power athlete that can play that quasi tall role. Unfortunately players with Goaters profile are hard to replace.

He is really missing Logue and McKay, and Pink is just a class below this level. What annoys me is his ill discipline. Need better example for the young guys. I know you’re frustrated, but be professional.

He’s always been a very ordinary player. If he hadn’t have left the giants, he’d have been delisted by now. Not even close to a top 4 side defender, and sadly he’s currently the best we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back