Preview North v Pies round 15 pre game thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke's pace is off mate, and De Goey goes high & hard. Collingwood have no problems hitting him up at 50-60 metres out from goal. I also don't know whether Durdins body strength is up to shifting Cox.

As I mentioned, I reckon they will push WHE up to the wing in the hope of getting a Dumont match up.

Collingwood are all about creating mismatches.
I think Luke has the strength for it. He did well enough on Gray despite injuring his knee in that match. I think Pittard isn't strong enough and Marley (whilst good 1v1) might not be able to content in the area battles. It might even be worth giving Thompson the match up and pushing Luke to Mihochek.

Like most resting Rucks Cox is easy to push off the ball. Just needs to position himself well which is a strength of Durdin's. I'm not worried about him doing what he did to Richmond. I'm probably most worried about Reid because he's enough of a concern to waste our best defender on. I think he basically negates Tarrant due to his similar size and aerial ability.

You would play Durdin over Wood?

o_O
yep, we need the height down back. But I'd play Wood over JMac.

JMac shouldn't knock out Ats, LMac, Pitts or Williams. So if he has to come in its either a mid or forward that goes out. Wood is the most expendable as TT, Zurhaar and JZ can all play the third tall.

I think Luke has the strength for it. He did well enough on Gray despite injuring his knee in that match.

DeGoey is very different to Gray.

DeGoey is a bull and strong overhead - Gray was a suitable match up for LMac as highly skilled but slowish for size.

If Jmac is an automatic selection, as was the case with brad then i only want to see him come in for Dumont.

This will be interesting with the changes as McMillan and also Shaw signalled that not much will change till after the bye round.

I think Luke has the strength for it. He did well enough on Gray despite injuring his knee in that match. I think Pittard isn't strong enough and Marley (whilst good 1v1) might not be able to content in the area battles. It might even be worth giving Thompson the match up and pushing Luke to Mihochek.

Like most resting Rucks Cox is easy to push off the ball. Just needs to position himself well which is a strength of Durdin's. I'm not worried about him doing what he did to Richmond. I'm probably most worried about Reid because he's enough of a concern to waste our best defender on. I think he basically negates Tarrant due to his similar size and aerial ability.

I have no worries with him wrestling with DeGoey mate, it's the burst on the lead that concerns me.

Atley is surprising strong, I wouldn’t mind that match up if they isolated degoey in the goal square.

Any chance you could find 5 of him by saturday night?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Also Pies made a crap ton of non pressure errors and still won comfortably. Doubt those errors will be there this weekend.

We need to win in the air if we're a chance, they love their 3 kick post to post play.
A 9 point win is hardly comfortable. Had the Dogs kicked a bit straighter it could have been a Pies loss

I am very bullish about this weeks game and not because they have a few injury worries. Even if they had their full list I would still be bullish. If we can bring sustainable pressure like we have over the last few weeks we are a big chance. I would also like to see Thomas, Zurhaar and LDU used in the centre square in short bursts just to break it up a little. Also if Cunners gets tagged like he did last week put him in the forward line. I have no doubt that if he is one on one with his opponent he will win it 7 out of 10 times in a marking contest.

They have a pretty potent forward line but i believe if we can win the centre clearance battle or come out evens in it, they will have a fairly difficult time holding our forward line.

DeGoey is very different to Gray.

DeGoey is a bull and strong overhead - Gray was a suitable match up for LMac as highly skilled but slowish for size.
Obviously he is very different. Hence why I said Pittard and Marley wouldn't be able to content with De Goey's strength (specifically Marley's overheard ability). Luke might run like a feral dog but he isn't slow (as highlighted by his run down of Rioli). We need someone that can be dragged back to the square and not be monstered - like what Dusty would do in the past. I'd be pretty confident that LMac could follow DeGoey anywhere he goes.

FWIW, Atley played on Dusty a bit, when Dusty went forward. Did ok on him from memory.

I can't remember the last time Atley was beaten playing as a shadow.

I'd be clamping him on Sidebottom.

FWIW, Atley played on Dusty a bit, when Dusty went forward. Did ok on him from memory.
He has. Everyone remembers the 1 handed mark when Hamish Hartlett tried to force him deep. For some reason people only remember the Adelaide final when he played on Betts and not every other occasion which proved he is a very good defender. I'd still prefer if he took one of the running types like WHE or Thomas.

I can't remember the last time Atley was beaten playing as a shadow.

I'd be clamping him on Sidebottom.
Has had his best year and has seemingly continued to improve under Shaw's close tutelage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back