Religion Folau

Remove this Banner Ad

All he did ?? It’s 2019.

What is this supposed to mean? It's 2019 so you're redundant if you don't believe what I believe? That is an idiotic premise.

Weasel terms like that and others such as "in this day and age", are the calling cards of close minded extremists. They convey the notion that your ideas are not even open for challenging and all dissent must be immediately dismissed.

Last edited:
Pretty laughable. “Just retweeted a link”

I could “retweet” a link to the KKK page. Wouldn’t make me a racist though.

Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It was a link to a gofundme to fight the termination of her husbands employment contract. There was nothing in that link that she retweeted that could be considered to be in breach of the social media policy of her employer. She did not tweet the inflammatory material that he posted.

The attacks on her supporting her husband are pathetic and will only increase his support.

Your attempted false equivalence comparison is laughable.

You seem to think all of that is normal inclusive society behaviour.

I look forward to hearing more on this implied-right-of-playing-international-rugby-and-using-privately-owned-fundraising-platforms.

Again; what's to stop him doorknocking, getting his supporters to rattle tins or exploring numerous other opportunities available for fleecing his gullible supporters that don't leave him beholden to organisations who may want absolutely nothing to do with him?

(That being said, I think the pile-on on his wife was fairly ordinary.)

It was a link to a gofundme to fight the termination of her husbands employment contract. There was nothing in that link that she retweeted that could be considered to be in breach of the social media policy of her employer. She did not tweet the inflammatory material that he posted.

The attacks on her supporting her husband are pathetic and will only increase his support.

Your attempted false equivalence comparison is laughable.

What’s laughable is you thinking she doesn’t have the same mindset as Folau.

What is this supposed to mean? It's 2019 so you're redundant if you don't believe what I believe? That is an idiotic premise.

Weasel terms like that and others such as "in this day and age", are the calling cards of close minded extremists. They convey the notion that your ideas are not even opened for challenging and all dissent must be immediately dismissed.

Says the guy using words like “lefties, corporation steam roller , extremist “.

Its 2019 means what it means. Stop being so narrow minded with views of people that are discriminative.

I’m an extremist because I don’t agree with hatred on a group. Glad I’m an extremist

If I go into my work place and start saying all women deserve to be home bound. I’d be sacked quicker than you could blink.

Pretty sure the bible states this somewhere among its other rubbish.

If you had a million dollar contract and you can’t withhold your bigoted comments to keep in line with the contract. Stupidity is a hanging offence. Don’t sign it

Good to see the point got thru.
I'm not interested in what the Bible says, amused that avowed disbelievers quote it (voraciously), never mind context.
That anyone including Folau labels me 'going to hell' unless I repent - thanks, but no thanks.
That you add up hanging to have a dollar value says a bit .. :thumbsu: ... no doubt who the hang man is!!
Bigotry, you've got a touch when it comes to Folau, yes you.

I look forward to hearing more on this implied-right-of-playing-international-rugby-and-using-privately-owned-fundraising-platforms.

Again; what's to stop him doorknocking, getting his supporters to rattle tins or exploring numerous other opportunities available for fleecing his gullible supporters that don't leave him beholden to organisations who may want absolutely nothing to do with him?

(That being said, I think the pile-on on his wife was fairly ordinary.)
As I said it is purely a disagreement on what rights an individual should have. The right to play rugby and to use a publicly accessible service. You believe that is a discretionary right.

Good to see the point got thru.
I'm not interested in what the Bible says, amused that avowed disbelievers quote it (voraciously), never mind context.
That anyone including Folau labels me 'going to hell' unless I repent - thanks, but no thanks.
That you add up hanging to have a dollar value says a bit .. :thumbsu: ... no doubt who the hang man is!!
Bigotry, you've got a touch when it comes to Folau, yes you.

I guess it’s not religion without playing the moral high ground and victim cards at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well let him lose, then! At least we'll have an answer as to what your employer owns when he hires you.

It’s not a new concept to social media and your employer.
Some like Folau think they are above it , Rugby Australia called his bluff

All he did ?? It’s 2019. If you honestly can come out and show disdain towards a group of people on social media and don’t want the ramifications for this. Then you should t be on social media.

Don’t use it as a platform to show hatred and discriminating views and then in the next breath cry victim when you are called on it

I’ve said numerous times as a 36 year old gay male I can have that comment go by the wayside. I won’t however let it go by the wayside for the gay youth out there finding there way. It’s utterly reckless and irresponsible of him to use his status as a sports star and social media to push a discriminative agenda.

At a young age going through finding your sexuality and seeing the negativity in society about homosexuals. A comment like that is bloody influential to a young person.

That’s why I choose a side. I don’t give a crap for his religion. Go do it in the privacy of your church or whatever. Don’t publically force it down people’s throats then cry victim when it’s offensive.

I can at least respect people need their religions. Folau can’t accept people live their lives naturally and differently from himself. Obviously something you can’t fathom either

I won’t however let it go by the wayside for the gay youth out there finding there way. It’s utterly reckless and irresponsible of him to use his status as a sports star and social media to push a discriminative agenda.

The irony of this reasoning is that all this hoopla surrounding Folau's rather innocuous post is that had Alan Joyce being the bigger man and just let it through to the keeper, Folau's message would've eventually faded into the ether and promptly forgotten about besides the relatively small audience that follow him.

However by punitively asserting his power over Rugby Australia, Joyce has ensured that Folau's message went on to receive a million times the attention it would have otherwise got, guaranteeing just about every gay teen in Australia knows about it with articles written about the case for months on end in the media. You just can't make this kind of crap of up, Joyce and RA seriously underestimated Folau and the fall out from their foolish actions.

Are you saying that companies have the right to select who uses their services based on that potential customers opinion? Geez that should end well.

Companies have ways of influencing who shops there, one way the posh shops do it is to hide the price tags while and have door people that act like bouncers. Some will have by appointment policies which is a good way of ensuring the right people shop there and by right I mean people with large bank balances.

I haven't seen any contracts but I am assuming it may have been changed as a final warning based on past indiscretions?

Are you aware that if a changed contract is presented, one does have a choice not to agree and sign?

Believe Raelene Castle & Folau had talks, seems RA believed the contract was modified, but whatever was agreed was verbal not written. Mr Folau signed nothing - thats off the top, been following RA admin at a distance for a while since they turfed the Western Force, SNAFU.

The irony of this reasoning is that all this hoopla surrounding Folau's rather innocuous post is that had Alan Joyce being the bigger man and just let it through to the keeper, Folau's message would've eventually faded into the ether and promptly forgotten about besides the relatively small audience that follow him.

However by punitively asserting his power over Rugby Australia, Joyce has ensured that Folau's message went on to receive a million times the attention it would have otherwise got, guaranteeing just about every gay teen in Australia knows about it with articles written about the case for months on end in the media. You just can't make this kind of crap of up, Joyce and RA seriously underestimated Folau and the fall out from their foolish actions.

All the more reason for them to sack him. To show the views aren’t shared. Reflects worse on them as a sporting organisation if they swept it under the carpet.
Not irony at all but shows those teens there is support for who they are.

You don’t let someone treat you like shit multiple times to avoid confrontation. Stand up and show it’s not on. Folaus beliefs. Religious or not aren’t on.

Will Netball get away scotfree, thought their comments on Ms Folau were considered, then up bobs Liz Ellis, thought she would be conscious of the potential damage, we'll see.
I'm keen to hear of the conversation between Diamonds coach & Ms Ellis, two ladies who call a spade a spade.

All the more reason for them to sack him. To show the views aren’t shared. Reflects worse on them as a sporting organisation if they swept it under the carpet.

You don’t let someone treat you like **** multiple times to avoid confrontation. Stand up and show it’s not on. Folaus beliefs. Religious or not aren’t on.

Will Folau bankrupt RA if he wins?

You don’t let someone treat you like **** multiple times to avoid confrontation. Stand up and show it’s not on. Folaus beliefs. Religious or not aren’t on.

You further marginalise a huge amount of Muslims in Australia with comments like that. I am surprised that Malifice has not banned you from the thread for Islamaphobia yet.

Liz Ellis also marginalised a large proportion of Muslim girls that want to play netball but may be unable to because their parents feel unwelcome after her comments.

So many on the left are viciously attacking many Muslims through their attacks on Christians.

Believe Raelene Castle & Folau had talks, seems RA believed the contract was modified, but whatever was agreed was verbal not written. Mr Folau signed nothing - thats off the top, been following RA admin at a distance for a while since they turfed the Western Force, SNAFU.
I actually haven't followed as closely as you and only have taken into account news items such as the following...

Folau had his $4m employment contract terminated in May after he made social media posts saying “hell awaits” homosexuals, which were deemed in breach of its code of conduct, and after previous warnings from Rugby Australia not to denigrate people on the basis of their sexuality.

As I said it is purely a disagreement on what rights an individual should have. The right to play rugby and to use a publicly accessible service. You believe that is a discretionary right.

I really couldn't give a shit about RA - I've had very little time for them since their shafting of the Force.

But people and organisations ultimately have a right to associate or not associate with people as they please and have to cop the consequences of the same.

Where does it end? Ultimately how unpleasant does a person have to be before I'm not obliged to serve them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back