Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Walsh will be an absolute star. Vanilla? Please. Might not have the x factor of a Rozee or Stack but he is putting together one of the best debut seasons ever. The comparisons to Pendles are a good one in my eyes.

Yeah agree I absolutely love stack and what he can produce but welsh is the clear favourite and rightly so
Reminds me of a young Cotch

agree. walsh is one of those once in a generation walk up starts. but i'm more than happy with stack.

However looking back on the last 3 winners I would say stack beats all 3

2018 - Seagul Stephenson
2017 - Andrew McGarth
2016 - Cal Mills

The only one I really rate out of the 3 is mills

Who gives a crap about Walsh, Stacky will be drowning in finals appearances while Walsh rots away at Carlton like Cripps is.

The closest Walsh will get to finals is if he logs on to ticketek and buys a ticket but then again he will have to become a member of the clubs in action, so the loungeroom will probably be a close as Walsh will get to a final.

Who gives a crap about Walsh, Stacky will be drowning in finals appearances while Walsh rots away at Carlton like Cripps is.

The closest Walsh will get to finals is if he logs on to ticketek and buys a ticket but then again he will have to become a member of the clubs in action, so the loungeroom will probably be a close as Walsh will get to a final.
laughing.gif

Yep.
It's like Walsh was drafted to Everton and Stack to Liverpool.

:p Sorry!

7 Possessions

thats the difference between the 2 players in stats atm but
Walsh 85% time on ground with 70% disposal efficiency
Stack 75% time on ground with 83.5% disposal efficiency

Combined with Walsh being super ready fitness wise compared to Stack being far from that i think there is a fair bit of upside with Stack and the conditions for the new contract are a brilliant idea to get the kid to come back in
super fit condition and ready for his 2nd season

Yep.
It's like Walsh was drafted to Everton and Stack to Liverpool.

:p Sorry!
You know TIA, one day, some day, there will be a day that Everton somehow defeat Liverpool, and when they do whether that is this season, next season or in 30 years time. i will come on here and give you an almighty bake, MARK MY WORDS.

You know TIA, one day, some day, there will be a day that Everton somehow defeat Liverpool, and when they do whether that is this season, next season or in 30 years time. i will come on here and give you an almighty bake, MARK MY WORDS.
And I will fully deserve it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's kind of pointless comparing stats etc, what Stack is doing on the field can't be measured very well with stats. What about the piercing runs through the middle against Adelaide, or how he always picks the ball up one touch, or when he said hello to Jack Viney. Won't show up as stats.

It's kind of pointless comparing stats etc, what Stack is doing on the field can't be measured very well with stats. What about the piercing runs through the middle against Adelaide, or how he always picks the ball up one touch, or when he said hello to Jack Viney. Won't show up as stats.

true true

and speaking of stats don't the stats show he is above walsh at the moment anyway?

that's what the media was saying the other day at least

7 Possessions

thats the difference between the 2 players in stats atm but
Walsh 85% time on ground with 70% disposal efficiency
Stack 75% time on ground with 83.5% disposal efficiency

Combined with Walsh being super ready fitness wise compared to Stack being far from that i think there is a fair bit of upside with Stack and the conditions for the new contract are a brilliant idea to get the kid to come back in
super fit condition and ready for his 2nd season
How good do you see Stacky becoming GUN if he does come back super fit?!?

How good do you see Stacky becoming GUN if he does come back super fit?!?

Really depends on which position he plays and how much he can improve his tank , If played through the midfield he could become a 25 poss player that can play a variety of roles. But he has beautiful skills and manages to think clearly through traffic and pressure

Daniel Kerr comes to mind at his size and build

Really depends on which position he plays and how much he can improve his tank , If played through the midfield he could become a 25 poss player that can play a variety of roles. But he has beautiful skills and manages to think clearly through traffic and pressure

Daniel Kerr was a beauty!

Exactly. He can get his own ball, loves to contest and uses it very well, as well as being a great outside mover. Couple of Kgs and better fitness and he'll be an inside/outside mid of genuine quality. I reckon 2-3 years and he'll be regular AFL mid, and quite possibly one of the better ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back