Review Round 15, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The surprise for me was watching his burst out of the middle - he hadn't really shown that at AFL level and it was impressive to watch him put on the jets and clear congestion just like that.

(I acknowledge he still had fumbles, still had silly low percentage kicks.)

There was a game from last year where he did something similar, bursting through the centre like a boss Dustin Martin style

Remember when Dees fans said we had just “played in our grand final” when we beat them in the pre-season?

Such unearned arrogance.

lel.
Ohhh yes. That made the victory just that bit sweeter.

I have to admit, what made it sweeter again was sticking my head in on their review thread.

Often McStay plays a role and does it well - such as taking the Eagles interceptors out of the game in round 1. You would assume that if he is not being omitted then he is performing his role to the coaches satisfaction.

It wasn't an ordinary game from Dan but the good thing now is that we can have 3 or 4 players down ,even our best players,and someone else steps up their own game . We've seen Bundy and Lewy do that in recent weeks , yesterday Charlie and Dan were a bit down ,Linc and Hippy stepped up . Harris looked really seedy but Hodgey and Gardiner really upped their defensive pressure.

Yesterday was the first game I haven't blown up at the umps. Did we get a good go or for once did they just make very few mistakes ? Barely noticed them all day

It wasn't an ordinary game from Dan but the good thing now is that we can have 3 or 4 players down ,even our best players,and someone else steps up their own game . We've seen Bundy and Lewy do that in recent weeks , yesterday Charlie and Dan were a bit down ,Linc and Hippy stepped up . Harris looked really seedy but Hodgey and Gardiner really upped their defensive pressure.

Yesterday was the first game I haven't blown up at the umps. Did we get a good go or for once did they just make very few mistakes ? Barely noticed them all day
That should be was an ordinary game

nothing to answer ! cannot book a fella for having a big solid rear end !! just an accident , hope O is on the mend !

How was the Melbourne water carrier appearing to give Hippy some lip as he lined up for his shot at three quarter time. I thought they had to keep their mouth shut.

Seemed to be mostly fiction from the mind of Brian Taylor from what I could tell.

I'm pretty keen to see Rayner get a few games in the NEAFL. Those 2 blazing kicks out of defense were horrendous from him. He is so much better than that. I don't know if rewarding him by constant selecting is the right call. Hipwood is going to be a fun player for us. So much talent and yet to really hit his straps. Really rough first half but we got it going in the 2nd half to show that we're a genuine top 8 contender and maybe more.

Zorko is a magician. 3 votes for him IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witherden pulled out because of the flu. We had 3 emergencies miss the NEAFL at a home game. McStay was one of a few that looked flat - Berry & Andrews too name 2. Methinx we should give some leeway to those players who were a bit down.

By far Lyons best game for the club, but Melbourne do not have real speed or run in the middle - that is where he gets shown up.

Frustrating early, stormed home. Lions 2019 again.

And on the matchday thread - I am too busy watching the game to post, and could not be bothered with the garbage to read it later. Get rid of it if it is too much of a problem, I say.

Wouldn't have picked Zorko getting less than 10, but votes otherwise as expected. Maybe Lyons could have gotten another couple of votes I guess.

VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)

Lachlan Neale (BL)
Dayne Zorko (BL)
Eric Hipwood (BL)
Stefan Martin (BL)
Jarryd Lyons (BL)
Daniel Rich (BL)

The over analyis of Rayner is bordering on pathetic. How bout Robbos numerous hack kicks even Hodge screwed up a couple of kicks even Andrews hack kicked out of the backline and he had a better option to hand pass, McCluggage missed a hit up pass to Hipwood when he was hot and kicked long to Bundy to a contest. Seriously!!

Wouldn't have picked Zorko getting less than 10, but votes otherwise as expected. Maybe Lyons could have gotten another couple of votes I guess.

VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)

Lachlan Neale (BL)
Dayne Zorko (BL)
Eric Hipwood (BL)
Stefan Martin (BL)
Jarryd Lyons (BL)
Daniel Rich (BL)

Very harsh on Lyons.

The over analyis of Rayner is bordering on pathetic. How bout Robbos numerous hack kicks even Hodge screwed up a couple of kicks even Andrews hack kicked out of the backline and he had a better option to hand pass, McCluggage missed a hit up pass to Hipwood when he was hot and kicked long to Bundy to a contest. Seriously!!
The scrutiny is remarkable. Like, up there with Schache level of scrutiny.

Have people forgotten he's 19?

Seemed to be mostly fiction from the mind of Brian Taylor from what I could tell.
Thought the same thing. That channel 7 team just talked it’s usual drivel with an addition of mayo. Don’t think that guy said a thing unless he doubles as a ventriloquist.

Back