Recommitted Sydney Stack [has re-signed with Richmond]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus Christ, Walsh is $1.40 fav at Sportsbet.

Stack is on the second line at $6.00

That’s not even close.
Election eve Labor were red hot favourites and the Liberals were outsiders. I know it was a 2 horse race then but this is shaping up quite similarly and Stack is rated higher on the AFL player ratings, not that they mean much.

Cerra will be better. One plays for one of the best teams in the comp and has the media jizzing over him because vic media, while the other plays for a rebuilding team in Perth that gets zero media attention. When Cerra builds his tank, he'll be a very good midfielder for Freo. Stack is good, but put both up for trade and every club would take Cerra in a heartbeat .

Freo is better than Richmond this year lmao. And Stack has been better than Cerra. I love Cerra, he’ll be better long term, but Stack is tracking as a RS winner

Feel free to highlight where I mentioned freo are better buddy, would love to see where you went full nuffie mode.
Nah, it's my view. Injuries have killed Richmond, they've been ordinary. Though as the poster above mentioned, I'm a week behind. They've gone above you after you lost to the Blooz.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Never get sucked into Freo's form, we're ridiculously inconsistent. Richmond are far, far better than us.
Nah, it's my view. Injuries have killed Richmond, they've been ordinary. Though as the poster above mentioned, I'm a week behind. They've gone above you after you lost to the Blooz.

ARES

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2005
Live for footy
AFL Club
Richmond
Stack is rated higher on the AFL player ratings, not that they mean much.

Stack is the No1 rated first year player on AFL.com with 144.5 points
Rozee second on 135.4, Bailey Smith third on 132.2, Walsh next on 122.4 and Tom Atkins fifth on 122.9

So basically it's not just the possessions but taking everything into account, one percenters, pressure acts etc
Haven't seen too much of Walsh but Stack has been playing like a 5 year old veteran, so mature and a standout

Don't care about the award, just wrapped we some how got this bloke.
What a future he has

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Whilst i firmly believe that Walsh would be favourite and has had a sensational year but with a great back end to the season Rozee & Stack could make things interesting if their stellar year continues.

Freo is better than Richmond this year lmao. And Stack has been better than Cerra. I love Cerra, he’ll be better long term, but Stack is tracking as a RS winner

If we can forget where they were taken in the draft's and based on what they have been able to achieve until now keeping in mind that this is Stacks 1st Year and Cerra's 2nd year could you please give us explanation as to why you believe Cerra will be better long term , Im really interested in this as i think he will eventually be a Richmond player and will be exciting

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
You can 't say that. I basically said the same sort of thing on the Geelong board about Kelly staying at Geelong rather than going back to WA and got absolutely smashed for it.

False equivalency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whilst i firmly believe that Walsh would be favourite and has had a sensational year but with a great back end to the season Rozee & Stack could make things interesting if their stellar year continues.

If we can forget where they were taken in the draft's and based on what they have been able to achieve until now keeping in mind that this is Stacks 1st Year and Cerra's 2nd year could you please give us explanation as to why you believe Cerra will b e better lon g term , Im really interested in this as i think he will eventually be a Richmond player and will be exciting
What makes you think he will be a Tiger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
Richmond do deserve to keep him after taking the risk/talent punt and don't think they will have much trouble doing so. They look to have provided a great environment for a very talented and very wayward young man.

A good story and hope he keeps on the straight and narrow.

Richmond do deserve to keep him after taking the risk/talent punt and don't think they will have much trouble doing so. They look to have provided a great environment for a very talented and very wayward young man.

A good story and hope he keeps on the straight and narrow.

"Very wayward"? Do you know something we all don't? He rocked up late to a few training sessions and ate a bucket of KFC in a draft interview.

All that pales in comparison to Charlie Curnow's DUI on the eve of the draft don't you think?

That would be right

Blatant salary cap cheating
What do you mean?

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
"Very wayward"? Do you know something we all don't? He rocked up late to a few training sessions and ate a bucket of KFC in a draft interview.

All that pales in comparison to Charlie Curnow's DUI on the eve of the draft don't you think?

It seems that there is plenty that you don't know based on that response. There is a reason a first round talent gets overlooked in both drafts. It was/is far more than being super unfit and eating kfc.

His 'waywardness' definitely does not pale in comparison with Curnow, but nice try on the cheap shot, point scoring bs I've come accustomed to on here.

It seems that there is plenty that you don't know based on that response. There is a reason a first round talent gets overlooked in both drafts. It was/is far more than being super unfit and eating kfc.

His 'waywardness' definitely does not pale in comparison with Curnow, but nice try on the cheap shot, point scoring bs I've come accustomed to on here.

Not a cheap shot at all. Curnow was the most recent example I could think of where a player stuffed up and effected their draft stock. You only interpreted it that way because he happens to play for Carlton.

So, go on then, let us now why stack was passed over in both drafts?

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

lets be honest, its because he is (full) black

would be drafted very highly otherwise, Matthew Rendell knew what was up.

I wouldn't 'swap' him for Walsh, Rozee. one of the better prospects ive seen in yellow and black

yep, if he can stay out of the clink...

temptation lurks around every corner...

still little snippets of casual racism around

if walsh was eating a bucket of chicken after working all day i doubt it would make the media

Last edited:

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
Not a cheap shot at all. Curnow was the most recent example I could think of where a player stuffed up and effected their draft stock. You only interpreted it that way because he happens to play for Carlton.

So, go on then, let us now why stack was passed over in both drafts?

lets be honest, its because he is (full) black

would be drafted very highly otherwise, Matthew Rendell knew what was up.

I wouldn't 'swap' him for Walsh, Rozee. one of the better prospects ive seen in yellow and black

Stack is a known delinquent and party boy. Fights, drugs and booze to go along with his poor conditioning and 'who gives a *' attitude. Do you two really think Richmond just plucked a diamond in the rough that everyone else missed? Would have gone top 20 on talent but (almost) nobody wanted to touch him. Doesn't take too much brain power to work out why, especially given how lenient and willing to take punts on players with talent AFL clubs are...

A quick google search...

... as the troubled West Australian underage star endeared himself to everyone inside Tigerland either side of Christmas, convincing Richmond to take a punt on a player every club had tossed into the too hard basket.

Despite being an under-18 All-Australian and possessing the talent of a first-round draft pick, Stack was overlooked in both the National and Rookie Drafts due to concerns over his professionalism and behaviour away from football.

Absolutely nothing to do with him being black, so don't try that bs with me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back