2nds Northern Blues 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Official VFL Match Centre Results...

Casey Demons 11.19.85

Goal Kickers: J. Kennedy-Harris 2, M. Lefau 2, J. Munro 2, T. Bedford 2, O. Baker, J. Hutchins, L. Wale-Buxton

Best Players: J. Wagner, J. Jordon, J. Lever, C. Maynard, J. Munro, J. Kennedy-Harris

Northern Blues 11.06.72

Goal Kickers: A. Fasolo 2, J. Garlett 2, A. Phillips 2, M. Lobbe, J. Deluca, K. LeBois, T. De Koning, J. Palmer

Best Players: A. Fasolo, H. Macreadie, M. Lobbe, A. Schumacher, J. Deluca, A. Phillips

I was at the game, Game of two halves. DeLuca had a VG game. Better in the 1st half, faded in the 2nd half, but had 22 mostly effective disposals. Very good speed off the mark and disposal by foot was great. Kicked a nice goal from a centre clearance. Also from another centre clearance, a beautiful kick to Fasolo in 2nd for a goal. I believe he was tagged, and when he had ball in hands did something positive. May need another game in VFL before promotion. Fasolo played well, got a bit of the ball, kicked 2 nice goals.

Lobbe and Phillips won the taps, but Casey sharked most of the balls. Our midfielders got beaten. MacCreadie probably best of the defenders, hopefully turned the corner. Cottrell and Owies struggled a bit against Casey midfield.

Other Carlton listed did not stand out that much.

always thought we are too tall but it’s Lobbe & Phillips that are the issue. I understand it whilst others develop but from next year changes need to happen

I will be bitter if either are senior listed players in 2020. Neither are modern AFL footballers and they clog the development of one who should be, TDK.

I reckon our senior side playing so many Sunday games has had an influence on our VFL team, too many top players missing each week. In saying that it's good that the northern blues have improved but it would be nice to see them do a little better, had a chance to play finals and seem to be letting it go.

I will be bitter if either are senior listed players in 2020. Neither are modern AFL footballers and they clog the development of one who should be, TDK.
Totally agree. Love TDKs attack on the ball and second third efforts. Has returned from long term injury so maybe easing him back. He needs to roam around the ground rather than as a forward.

Would love to see De Luca to play seniors soon. See him as a good crumbing forward option. Still early days yet.

There is no VFL reserves (development league) anymore, if Carlton listed players are fit then they play for the northern blues. Phillips and Lobb either play there or for Carlton or not at all. We have to play them which sucks for team structure but so be it.

Lobb would definitely be gone but not sure about Phillips. We only have X amount of draft picks to deal with and we are most likely going to spend them on midfielders, small forwards and possibly a small defender before we spend anything on a ruck which doesn't leave us with much to chase a ruckman with.

I can see us possibly keeping Phillips next season purely because we have spent all our picks on Mids, small forwards and maybe a defender and that will be ok if he plays all his footy in the VFL for one more season and Kreuzer and TDK handle the ruck at AFL level and then we go to the 2020 draft and get a ruckman. I guess we will see.

Team just lacks depth, there are a few out for various reasons. There are a good few who simply can't play.

We play Saturday this week which is good but it's up in Sydney. The AFL fixture has hurt us a bit this season. Most weeks we have our best VFL players missing as emergencies for Carlton. Sucks when you have no depth.

KRzDFvv.png

3FI1Wxi.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just terrible numbers from our smalls, but focussing hardest on the guys that have been around for a few years now;

Garlett - 6 possessions
Polson - 7 possessions
LeBois - 4 possessions

Not going to pick on Cottrell & Owies, as they're newbies, but those numbers from more senior players are simply awful.
Two won't be there at years end and one will only survive because someone must have liked him.

Just terrible numbers from our smalls, but focussing hardest on the guys that have been around for a few years now;

Garlett - 6 possessions
Polson - 7 possessions
LeBois - 4 possessions

Not going to pick on Cottrell & Owies, as they're newbies, but those numbers from more senior players are simply awful.
Two won't be there at years end and one will only survive because someone must have liked him.

Who’s your survivor?

There is no VFL reserves (development league) anymore, if Carlton listed players are fit then they play for the northern blues. Phillips and Lobb either play there or for Carlton or not at all. We have to play them which sucks for team structure but so be it.

Pretty easy fix, don’t play them at all.

I really didn't think there was enough in the Phillips incident to warrant a suspension. Meanwhile the AFL MRO hand out another fine to Cunnington for a jumper/gut punch.
Was the game televised?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back