Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ussie’s injury could be a blessing. Smith to 3, Handscomb at 4, and then leave the rest as is.
Not sure how you can call it a blessing. Ussie’s one of our best ODI batsmen outside of the openers and Carey. He’s probably on par to Smith right now.

I think with the suspected hammy and the way he was batting after coming back on, I think he’s done for the WC. Hopefully this doesn’t unsettle the batting in the upcoming match.

Not sure how you can call it a blessing. Ussie’s one of our best ODI batsmen outside of the openers and Carey. He’s probably on par to Smith right now.

I think with the suspected hammy and the way he was batting after coming back on, I think he’s done for the WC. Hopefully this doesn’t unsettle the batting in the upcoming match.
No way Khawaja gets up for the semi & battling for the final of we make it.

Stoinis being in doubt is a blessing in disguise as he's by far the weakest link in our squad. M. Marsh has his critics but he's a solid limited overs player. Khawaja hurts though as he's the leading run-scorer this year but moving Smith up to 3 would likely be for the better.

Aussie Women's team going great guns:
Australia 7/260 (50 overs) thrashed England 75 all out (32.5 overs), Perry 7/22 (a record).

Now, if Starc takes 7/22 tomorrow night ... :rolleyes: :D

Edit: Scorpus just saw your post *snap*

MMarsh is one of the worst batting (#6) all-rounders, ever, in the history of ODI Cricket.
Travis Head is a better batsman (34.4 @ SR90) and could bowl a few overs with Maxwell, Finch and Smith, as suggested by Kane McGoodwin.
Wade has been scoring big runs at a good clip for Australia A, but is clearly not wanted by Langer et al.
He's the 2nd worst #6 batsman of all time, but that's in Test Cricket. His ODI record is much more respectable. Not good, but definitely more respectable than his test record.

He's the 2nd worst #6 batsman of all time, but that's in Test Cricket. His ODI record is much more respectable. Not good, but definitely more respectable than his test record.
Quite right, my mistake thanks.
Do you think they'll persevere with Stoinis or pick MMarsh/Head with Handscomb in for Khawaja?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuff the Crows, I'm switching to cricket.

Smash thr Saffies as we want NZ in the semis.
Stuff the cricket. I'm switching to tennis.

Wait, what???

Finch
Warner
Wade
Smith
Maxwell
Marsh
Carey
Starc
Cummins
Behrendorff
Lyons/Zampa (toss a coin - they've both been ordinary)
Unless it's a seaming pitch, I wouldn't play Marsh & even then i would consider bringing in NCN.

Finch
Warner
Smith
Handscomb
Wade
Maxwell
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Behrendorff
Lyon

We can get 10 overs out of Maxwell, Smith & Finch.

If we get off to a good start, Handscomb drops down the order.

Sounds like Stoinis will come up.

Finch
Warner
Smith
Handscomb
Wade
Stoinis
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Beherndorff
Lyon

Unless it's a seaming pitch, I wouldn't play Marsh & even then i would consider bringing in NCN.

Finch
Warner
Smith
Handscomb
Wade
Maxwell
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Behrendorff
Lyon

We can get 10 overs out of Maxwell, Smith & Finch.

If we get off to a good start, Handscomb drops down the order.
Also the extra bonus if two keepers go down we still have a 3rd ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back