Autopsy Rd 17 Surging Blues beat Swans on their own turf

Who played well against the Swans in Round 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton was a stubborn imbecile.

Give them exposure sure but what bolts was doing was trying to win games with a hand tied behind your back. And for what?
keep it going - ignore today's result - scoring points against the past coach has so much merit.......

I'd lile to give him more than 2 games. Whilst he was quiet, he did contribute

A typically Lang game i guess, some nice things but also some poor things.

Fantastic spoil late in the game that set up McKay's goal, just when Sydney were on the charge with another rebound.
Kicked a nice goal on the goal-line.

Gave up a soft goal with a broken tackle.

Overall still think he could become that solid enough role player for us...Richmond won a premiership with a team full of them.
I would like to see him play next week but could make way for Cuningham.

I think we have a beauty here with our # 1
Spotted a photo of Serge the other day and it looked like his twin ..
That baulk he did on the members wing was sublime. Bloody great talent is Jack

Just a truly brilliant win today.

With talk of Roos as a possible role in our coaching group it’s actually funny to think that he got his first gig in very similar circumstances as Teague is currently in. The Swan’s had their big name coach set for the next season but some great results under a young caretaker coach in Roos ended up with him getting the job. For me Teague is in the box seat atm with i never thought possible a month ago

No issue at all with how Teague is using Dow.

He actually looked quite good at centre stoppages under Bolton, but was starting to look really sore and banged up...he's only a 2nd year player.

The move to the forward line is probably good for Dow's own health, plus he gets a pressure release in a 'not quite so important role' and learns some forward craft, which is still something important for his development. His set shot goal kicking has been good the last few weeks as well.
Yep. Got no issue with it either. Midfield time and fitness will come at some stage.

I think the club got too carried away with throwing the youngsters amongst the wolves. Just because we have been a poor side it shouldn’t have meant we had to be really exposed in an area like the midfield.

Lots of other sides are patient with types like Dow, SPS etc and play them in different positions or even in the twos.

There has always been a need to develop but then you’ve got players like Murphy, Cripps, Curnow etc who want to win every week and are playing good footy.

One good turn deserves another. Last week, Carlton fans visited the Port board to congratulate us on our Showdown win, so I'm here to say bloody well done today. Carlton is now a completely different team, and good luck to anyone standing in their way for the rest of the season!!!!

Crows in 2 weeks at the G. I'm licking my lips in anticipation. Reckon this will be a grudge match for the ages!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

His situational awareness is insane.

Everyone else is knocking the ball loose late in the game, unnecessary kicks into the corridor. Meanwhile Jack is locking the ball in for stoppage after stoppage deep in our forward line.
I was singing his praises last year when so many had him down as a dud. Its those genes and football brain. All it needed was some body to work with and enough time to learn from mistakes. He isn't the only one either.

Last edited:
Clean hands of Gibbons were enormous in a tight contested game. Got us out of trouble a number of times where other players would have fumbled.
runs out of legs but is just becoming exactly what we want him to be........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done on the win today. Definitely no shame in losing to you guys anymore and it’s good to see you guys finally turn the corner after many years at the bottom. Things are finally starting to look good. Cripps is a genuine gun and even though Newman makes a fair few mistakes I reckon he will be an integral part of your backline for years to come. Go Swans

I think Bolts would be sitting at home kicking himself now... it must be dawning on him that although his heart was in a semi right place he overdid it... even Murphs comments post game about Teague keeping it simple.

What we're seeing now is that our kids are fresher (Dow, SPS, LOB, Fisher, etc) in the final quarter as they havn't been smacked around in the middle as much and having to run back and forwards non stop, by putting the fitter built up bodies in their stead in the middle more these kids are providing some great plays in the final quarters.

Also what Bolts didn't attribute is the confidence wins make to a teams psyche and belief... he shot himself in the foot and he probably knows it now.
fairytales have their own page surely..........

Full credit to Newman and Plowman

Newman was hitting daisy cutters all game
Marking the crap out of all the high balls

Plowman was Weitering like...just keep him well away from kick outs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great game from Newman. delivery of the ball is everything. Another tick SOS. Recruitment has been good. Maybe be we will once again be a destination club! Any prospective coaches would see that. At the the moment of course Teague is the man!

First thing to say is fantastic effort. Yeah I love this team. Bit choked up still to write much but.....
We should have won by heaps but still that kicking inside 50 hurts us. Just wait till that all clicks. Seriously good side building before our eyes.
I havent used the f word here before from memory but....

how flipping good is Walsh going to be.
What’s this ‘going to be’ shit?

Try again.

Back