Autopsy Rd 17 Surging Blues beat Swans on their own turf

Who played well against the Swans in Round 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

With Demons losing today, implications: we smash GC next week, Eagles should wipe the floor with Demons and we jump to 16th on percentage, Sainst should lose to Bulldogs and we will be one game behind 15th.
Following week we grudge match smash Crows, Saints lose to Demons and we are on a three game win streak and sitting pretty in 15th.
Getting ahead of myself? Me thinks not...

Possibly - but “dream the dream”............

FWIW - I had a good look at the ladder & draw last night and came to the same conclusions.

It's funny you say that, my dad didn't see the game, but when talking to him on the phone afterwards he actually asked "Did it feel like we'd stuff up at some point like we always do?"

And honestly my answer was no. Even when they kicked the goal with 90 odd seconds to go I still didn't really feel like we were going to slip up. I'm fairly sure they got to a point behind or so at some point as well didn't they? Even then I thought we'd kick away again.

I don't think I've been so comfortable watching a close game in years.

This sums it up perfectly. Exciting to see how we finish off the year, especially if we knock one of Gee, Rich or WCE off.

Honestly the best thing is seeing Jack step up, he has football smarts that can't be taught.
Can't agree enough with this, so happy to see him start believing he belongs. Not only his he a smart user he really scraps hard and is rarely beaten 1 on 1.

2 clutch last quarter goals in our 2 wins speaks volumes as well.

Can't agree enough with this, so happy to see him start believing he belongs. Not only his he a smart user he really scraps hard and is rarely beaten 1 on 1.

2 clutch last quarter goals in our 2 wins speaks volumes as well.

I loved when he stepped around Mills (I think) with a few stutter steps and selling some candy before hitting a target inside 50. Was good to see that confidence.

Not necessarily. It was a club wide plan to pump games and experience into the young players. Outside pressures changed that. We lost a few games we were entitled to win and if we did, everything would have been different.

You'll hear Richmond people say that their tactical change in 2017 was brought about by necessity and personnel issues rather than a systematic plan going into that season. If Bolton's midfield experiment was in fact a club wide plan, the failure to adapt during the season is still fairly damning.

I'm back after a 1 week ban from some Adelaide grump! Man I've been itching to talk.

What a game! Strangely I felt calm most of the match, despite it being so close. Weirdly it felt like we were always in control.

Let's make it 2 in a row this week boys! Take nothing for granted. GC Suns may be absolutely fired up and see it as their last chance to win. I expect them to come out hot.

I'm back after a 1 week ban from some Adelaide grump! Man I've been itching to talk.

What a game! Strangely I felt calm most of the match, despite it being so close. Weirdly it felt like we were always in control.

Let's make it 2 in a row this week boys! Take nothing for granted. GC Suns may be absolutely fired up and see it as their last chance to win. I expect them to come out hot.
We were in control, the swans were simply trying to make it an ugly scrap and try to pinch a win.

With all the rain over the weekend all my jobs are under water.

Good for the farmers (I think) bless their collective hearts, bad for ABV

Point being I get to watch the replay of us beating the Swans.

Might even watch the last quarter V Freo if I’m feelin it

There’s always a silver lining 😁

Last time I was this excited about footy was when Juddy came across.

Is that sad?

Footy is fun again 💙

P.s Two loudmouth Swans supporting mates ignoring my calls......

I’ll keep trying tho

Definitely food for thought. I had Stocker earmarked for that role, but SPS may be the better option

Strange - I had Stocker earmarked for the role as triple Brownlow medallist and kicking the winning goal in a the Grand final against Adelaide ...but each to their own I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Blue baggers, What a sweet gutsy win.
Lots of great comments.
One thing I must agree, I love Teague, he is doing a great job and the boys love him.
But please a little more respect for Bolton. He did a lot of heavy lifting and with a bit of luck he could of snagged some extra wins.
I'm not sure about the rumours, that he is in a bad way. I'm sure we all wish him the best.
Let's celebrate the new Carlton, but not at his expense, like some feral lynch mob.

Anyway....love the games of Newman (wow!), Cripps, Jack, Murphy, Ed, Kruezer, Walsh, Cas & Fisher.
Gutsy 4 quarter effort. Won the possessions, contested and tackles.
Need to follow up with a big win.
Need to make way for some better/form players, for me out: Lang & Dow.
IN: Cunningham, Weitering...

I loved when he stepped around Mills (I think) with a few stutter steps and selling some candy before hitting a target inside 50. Was good to see that confidence.
classic balk! (baulk?)

Somebody else said it but I reckon I’ll half have a teary when he finally runs out again.

I said it. He's my favourite player and the key to the way we structure up in game.

This sums it up perfectly. Exciting to see how we finish off the year, especially if we knock one of Gee, Rich or WCE off.
Its a great run home for us. Tests us against three of the better teams in the comp. I just hope the players show up and put their best foot forward.

Strange - I had Stocker earmarked for the role as triple Brownlow medallist and kicking the winning goal in a the Grand final against Adelaide ...but each to their own I suppose.
Ok you've convinced me. I'll go with that.

Hello Blue baggers, What a sweet gutsy win.
Lots of great comments.
One thing I must agree, I love Teague, he is doing a great job and the boys love him.
But please a little more respect for Bolton. He did a lot of heavy lifting and with a bit of luck he could of snagged some extra wins.
I'm not sure about the rumours, that he is in a bad way. I'm sure we all wish him the best.
Let's celebrate the new Carlton, but not at his expense, like some feral lynch mob.

Anyway....love the games of Newman (wow!), Cripps, Jack, Murphy, Ed, Kruezer, Walsh, Cas & Fisher.
Gutsy 4 quarter effort. Won the possessions, contested and tackles.
Need to follow up with a big win.
Need to make way for some better/form players, for me out: Lang & Dow.
IN: Cunningham, Weitering...
Just on Bolts.
It would be a harsh blow but not unexpected. He's made of stern stuff and will be fine one would think.
I reckon seeing his boys winning matches would be the best therapy available no matter what cos he is a genuine good bloke.

Honestly the best thing is seeing Jack step up, he has football smarts that can't be taught.

This is not an accident.

I went to an Open Training session early in the year - and was gob smacked how much his running had improved.

He was worked seriously hard at his game/fitness and won’t die wondering what may have been.

Deserves every success he gets.

Back