Toast Hutchings

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought his decision making was pretty slow but he pretty much played the percentages and it didn't cost us. A solid, if unremarkable return to the top level.

Fair enough, but he’s better at winning a contested possession than Masto, which he did several times yesterday, so I’d rather he was in the side than him.

Not a fan of masten either but hutchings’ lack of athletic ability means that something uncontested turns into something contested.

Not sure he lacks athletic ability mate. He’s able to run with some of the best players in the game, well enough to make sure he blankets every possession they have. If he wasn’t athletic he wouldn’t have the strength or speed to keep up with them.
I think you’re referring to skills because he’s not super skilful, but he’s definitely an athlete who can run all day and has enough pace to run players down when needed.

He doesn't have pace to run them down, but he is good at using angles to cut them off and his body to get in their way. He is athletic in the sense of being able to run all day, but not nimble or skilful. So what ghostbat was saying is because he is slow to the ball and a slow decision maker, he is likely to get caught turning an uncontested possession into a contested one. Not sure I agree with him, but it's an interesting theory.

He ran down GAblett in his prime, and kept up with Saad at Essendon a few weeks ago, so he’s plenty fast enough. They don’t call him Mr 2.83 seconds for nothing you know. ;)
I’ve never seen him run down anyone who is at full pace.
I’m not sure how he managed that speed in state screening 8 years ago, but in games, he looks slow. I assumed he manages to play on faster guys with angles and getting in their way. But I’m happy to be wrong. Will keep an eye out for it.

He ran down GAblett in his prime, and kept up with Saad at Essendon a few weeks ago, so he’s plenty fast enough. They don’t call him Mr 2.83 seconds for nothing you know. ;)
They don't call me Mr 3.22 inches for nothing either ;)

I’ve never seen him run down anyone who is at full pace.
I’m not sure how he managed that speed in state screening 8 years ago, but in games, he looks slow. I assumed he manages to play on faster guys with angles and getting in their way. But I’m happy to be wrong. Will keep an eye out for it.
Ran down GAblett at subi in one of the first few games he played for us when GAblett was with Geelong. He’s not slow at running, he is just a bit careful with his possessions coz if he misses one target he gets pilloried as if he’s just killed someone. ;):D

You can only run so many angles before a guy like Saad will run away from you, so he’s not as slow as everyone like to make him out to be. People need a scapegoat when Mastos out though I guess. Heaven forbid we didn’t have anything to complain about after a game. :rolleyes::p

Ran down GAblett at subi in one of the first few games he played for us when GAblett was with Geelong. He’s not slow at running, he is just a bit careful with his possessions coz if he misses one target he gets pilloried as if he’s just killed someone. ;):D

You can only run so many angles before a guy like Saad will run away from you, so he’s not as slow as everyone like to make him out to be. People need a scapegoat when Mastos out though I guess. Heaven forbid we didn’t have anything to complain about after a game. :rolleyes::p
Pretty sure GAJ was already at GC when Hutch got drafted to us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Hutchings is apprehensive to dispose of the ball during games because he's wondering what will be said on Bigfooty about it :p

I don't think Hutchings is apprehensive to dispose of the ball during games because he's wondering what will be said on Bigfooty about it :p

Na I was just taking the piss, but he knows that he needs to use the ball well when he’s not tagging to keep his spot in the side. He’s well aware he’s the first guy dropped if he’s not performing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back