Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And they missed the best part, not his goal kicking (which is sublime) but the body work on the lead to knock Schofield off balance. That was pure forward play, a thing of beauty.

He is amazingly good and 10 times a better player in an AFL environment. If he builds his tank for midfield time he is going to be ridiculous.
I noticed all the leads are excluded, which as a fan is the most exciting part.

Also sad, instead of celebrating a young players success the club is forced to defend its stupefying selection decisions

They are both excellent set shots. That is where the similarities end. Please stop comparing them. It reduces the overall IQ level of the Adelaide board when you type out s**t like that.

Of all the s**t performances from our players he could choose from, this clown has gone on and on about how poor Fogarty was, no tackles, too rough giving away free kicks.

Must be a troll, surely.

A 19 y.o kpf kicking 5 against the reigning premiers on their home deck in his 2nd game for the year.

On the rising star topic, I remember reading an article at the end of last year that had penned him as one of the favourites for winning the award in 2019. Our coaches would have had a right laugh reading that article.

d2a9f70c5ded8885530d019c35a70f8d

I’m assuming Andy Otten is on Oscar Allan?

Well, Otten is just too damm slow.

Oscar Allan will be best on ground today/
Oscar Allen.

I watched your game yesterday and DFog’s game was the second best game by an emerging KPF I’ve seen all year (#1 was Naughton’s game v Richmond).

Absolute joke by the RS selectors.

Not best on ground but rising star nominations.

Coaches votes:

WEST COAST v ADELAIDE
9 Luke Shuey (WCE)
8 Matt Crouch (ADEL)
5 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
5 Jack Darling (WCE)
3 Darcy Fogarty (ADEL)

Can't see Allen in there!
Fogarty 2,1
Darling 4,1
Yeo 3,2
Crouch 5,3
Shuey 5,4

About the best I can think of

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing in the SANFL is going to learn you SANFL skills and get you SANFL fitness, playing in the AFL however...
He’s a bloke that you can tell will always play better in the higher grade.
Yes, we all can see that. There is absolutely noone I can see on this board who thinks Fog will flop at AFL.

Your argument is a rather simplistic argument. It’s like me saying “play all the potential under 15s at SANFL level, why bother playing them at under 15s, if they have obvious talent?”

Yes, we all can see that. There is absolutely noone I can see on this board who thinks Fog will flop at AFL.

Your argument is a rather simplistic argument. It’s like me saying “play all the potential under 15s at SANFL level, why bother playing them at under 15s, if they have obvious talent?”
But only you would say something so silly

Dexter Kennedy Likes This

Also Tim Watson

If you agree it’s silly then you agree with the main point made?
No, I disagree with your comparison.

Guys like Wayne Carey and Paul Roos have said tonight that some guys just need to play at the higher level.

They didn’t make silly comments like yours

No, I disagree with your comparison.

Guys like Wayne Carey and Paul Roos have said tonight that some guys just need to play at the higher level.

They didn’t make silly comments like yours
The club has given Fog a third of the games in his first 2 seasons already. He’s had a breakout game, but let’s not make wild assumptions he could have kicked 5 goals if picked by round 1 this year. Also he did play in the preseason games this year and didn’t really set the world on fire, did he?

Personally I would have tried Fog earlier when Tex/JJ was down in form after the first few rounds. Though as long as he’s developing nicely, that’s really the important issue.

The club has given Fog a third of the games in his first 2 seasons already. He’s had a breakout game, but let’s not make wild assumptions he could have kicked 5 goals if picked by round 1 this year. Also he did play in the preseason games this year and didn’t really set the world on fire, did he?

Personally I would have tried Fog earlier when Tex/JJ was down in form after the first few rounds. Though as long as he’s developing nicely, that’s really the important issue.
He came in round 20, not rd 1, rd 5, or even rd 15. He’s basically missed the whole season.

Sometimes John it’s best not to try and post a countering view for the sake of it, it only leaves you having to defend silly comments.

Back