Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown would be one of the first players picked every week. Just gets the job done and sacrifices his own game to do it, definitely has the potential to be a much flashier player than he is currently.
I thought Brown's game on Sunday was his best for the year. He was also drifting a lot further up the field more frequently than I've ever noticed before. Is this a sign that someone else is being groomed to take over his back pocket role ..?

He came in round 20, not rd 1, rd 5, or even rd 15. He’s basically missed the whole season.

Sometimes John it’s best not to try and post a countering view for the sake of it, it only leaves you having to defend silly comments.
You’re using hindsight to leverage your arguments. We were sitting 4th mid season and Fog was playing stock standard games in the SANFL. I hardly saw anyone making wild complaints back mid-year of his non-selection.

I actually was part of the crew of wanting Fog to be selected earlier, just so you know. But not unhappy for him to be developed until fitness is better AFL-ready.

You’re using hindsight to leverage your arguments. We were sitting 4th mid season and Fog was playing stock standard games in the SANFL. I hardly saw anyone making wild complaints back mid-year of his non-selection.

I actually was part of the crew of wanting Fog to be selected earlier, just so you know. But not unhappy for him to be developed until fitness is better AFL-ready.
Ahh the old hindsight argument, what do you think Southerntakeover ?

I thought Brown's game on Sunday was his best for the year. He was also drifting a lot further up the field more frequently than I've ever noticed before. Is this a sign that someone else is being groomed to take over his back pocket role ..?
Unlikely. Looked to me more like that was how the game was unfolding, and allowing/forcing him higher up the ground.

Yes, we all can see that. There is absolutely noone I can see on this board who thinks Fog will flop at AFL.

Your argument is a rather simplistic argument. It’s like me saying “play all the potential under 15s at SANFL level, why bother playing them at under 15s, if they have obvious talent?”
Where do you think they are going to get to an SANFL standard?
Playing in under 15’s?
Sure they might not be ready but fog was, that much was obvious, the rest he will only get by playing AFL.
He won’t get AFL fit by playing SANFL.

And with the benefit of hindsight, I too can claim that I was right all along with posts done 2-3 months ago such as:
Bit harsh as it’s Davis’ first AFL game, and against the outright favourite at their home ground. He deserves another crack.

Having said all that, this would have been the perfect game for Fog to play. Try him up forward and see what he can bring. If it didn’t work out, I’d play him on Danger and ruffle those bruised ribs (after the Talia clash). We need to see more mongrel in the team and this is what Fog can bring, that’s understated.
Sometimes I think we’re a bit too rigid with structures. Seems to be Fog and Stengle are groomed to replace Tex and Betts when they’ve moved on. However, I cant see a problem with playing Fog/Stengle and their AFL counterparts together for a few games this year. If anything, it might open up some new ideas or options come September.
I think it’s the young age factor plus the interesting position of: half an AFL season in first year, then zero games of AFL in second year. No doubt would be a bit of confusion and frustration for the Fog. If he tempers his frustrations, improve the fitness, then I think he will get plenty of chances next year.

There is a lot of Roo in the Fog: tough nut, loves bumping into bodies, highly talented, multi-positional player.

Hindsight for some is what others call a lack of foresight...

Next we will have in hindsight we should have played the younger players more this year...

And with the benefit of hindsight, I too can claim that I was right all along with posts done 2-3 months ago such as:
So why are you arguing a different position now?

I posted a few posts back that you don’t need to post an opposing view for the sake of it, it makes you come out with silly comments like your U15 comparison.

Stick with what you thought all along and save yourself the grief.

Do you think our forward line has been functioning well this year in hindsight?

How many poor games before the club has the foresight to make the necessary changes...

Or we should have sacked Burton last year
That's just the bleeding obvious.

The fact this didn't happen means Roo should go too, along with Chapman who is the master of protecting incompetent people rather than protecting the best interests of AFC.

How did this kid not get the Rising Star nomination this week?!?
Because AFL.

Seriously though it’s because Allen has put a body of work together over the whole season. Thanks to our ridiculous selection policy this was only Fog’s second game for the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do I feel like the club is going to manage to **** this up too. We’ll probably lowball him on his next contract, drop him for Jenkins, and he’ll go on to be a multiple premiership player at the Hawks.

That's just the bleeding obvious.

The fact this didn't happen means Roo should go too, along with Chapman who is the master of protecting incompetent people rsther than protecting the best interests of AFC.
This definitely isn't the right thread but this topic makes me furious. Why on earth did we ever give this idiot a job in the first place. Think about the industry you work in. If you were working for a company that was on the bones of it's ass and a core reason for that was because of the job you were doing, would you expect to be headhunted along with your sidekick who's also dead set useless at what he does, and both given jobs by one of the biggest companies in your field ?? Because that's essentially what happened.

Sholl looks good.

Fool of a person makes bad prediction.

Fool of a person's prediction is wrong.

Fool of a person claims that you can't criticise his bad predictions because that would be using hindsight and would be terribly unfair.

Me, I don't need hindsight. I was right then, I'm right now.

Because AFL.

Seriously though it’s because Allen has put a body of work together over the whole season. Thanks to our ridiculous selection policy this was only Fog’s second game for the year.
What about the guy who got the nod in round 1??

What about the guy who got the nod in round 1??
That was Bailey Scott. The average fan probably has no idea who he is. Played some sort of game in Perth, followed it with a couple of very average games, got dropped back to the VFL and then got injured. He was the best performed rookie in round 1. So deserved the nomination. But there is definitely credence in the thinking that players get nominations on the back of performances across several weeks. Allen getting the nomination this week is proof of that. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the selection panel didn't realise Fogarty was eligible.

Of all the s**t performances from our players he could choose from, this clown has gone on and on about how poor Fogarty was, no tackles, too rough giving away free kicks.

Must be a troll, surely.

A 19 y.o kpf kicking 5 against the reigning premiers on their home deck in his 2nd game for the year.
Every second post on this subforum for the past season and a half has been about how such-and-such is soft and needs to be dropped for someone who will put their body on the line and get stuck in like Fogarty.

Therefore, it's absolutely hilarious that since returning to the side he's found success with the most "bruise-free"(tm) style seen in the side for several years.

The Messiah Blight claimed to have done it and said that it is an important part of the development of a young forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same Messiah Blight that booted McGuiness McDermott and A Jarman and played unknowns and newbies like Johnson and Goodwin ?

Back