Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Geelong by <30

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Geelong by 30+

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I kinda figure if we're not at least competitive against the Tigers we have no business winning the GF. Have faith haha. Even if we lose tomorrow, a thumping victory round 23 could still mean 2nd, but wouldn't rely on that, Hawks don't get thrashed easily.

Honestly I'd rather the chance to finish top or the Lions doing well than the Geelong flogs finishing first lol.

We would literally have to beat the Hawks by 160 points. Who gives a heck about a minor premiership

We would literally have to beat the Hawks by 160 points. Who gives a fu** about a minor premiership

I dunno, bragging rights haha.

But honestly, Brisbane is my third team and I really hope they do well. Course would prefer we win it all, but if not us than Brisbane much much more preferable than Geelong or Richmond.

Yes it does. We now have to beat Tigers at the G to get a home final. That's a big ******* difference.
I would have said we have to beat Richmond regardless of who wins (geel v bris ) to finish top two.
Unless you were hoping for Brisbane to lose their last two games.Things falling our way and rewarding mediocrity interesting stradegy except it doesn't work.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you do realise there is literally no advantage of finishing 1st over 2nd. infact 2nd is better as we're more likely to play geelong than richmond.
No faith mate bring em all on we'll take em down

Brisbane saved Geelong from possibly being the worst minor premier of all time.
The Cats will still finish on top of the ladder if they beat Carlton and Richmond beat Brisbane next week.
But they're going have to work for it. Especially with Carlton running out games so well and finishing the year on a good note.
Geelong won't have the luxury of resting players next week and treating it as a training drill.

More importantly, today's result increases the likelihood of Geel v Rich in week 1 of the finals (or Geel v Coll if Tigers lose tomorrow)

Exactly the same as if Geelong had won .

No it’s not. Brisbane’s percentage is higher. Even if Eagles win tomorrow, still won’t gain on them and have to rely on last week. Getting a game ahead of Brisbane would have been huge.

Eagles now have to win both. No ifs and butts, they have to. Geelong will most likely win the week after so eagles can’t afford to drop a game or they finish 3rd.

Back