Autopsy Jared & Jasper's revenge: North v Port, round 22, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Good lord, when we're s**t-hot we're the best. No question. When the team is firing on all cylinders across the ground it's like time slows down and it rains goals.

I can't believe I just saw Larkey kick 5 and Brown kick TEN, catapulting into the Coleman top spot FINALLY.

What can you say really, everyone was so on. Breaking lines, choosing options rather than up the line on the fat side constantly, we used the corridor, pushed forward, hardly any backwards ball movement, hands were sleek, and Goldstein was playing arguably his best game, hopefully not to shop himself around.

Polec was remarkable, was used effectively and didn't get caught. Pittard took a few marks in the first quarter and was so confident he just ran after every mark breaking the lines and delivering some great kicks.

Williams was colossal in his workrate, Zurhaar and Ziebell brought the hard edge. Macmillan arguably saved his career with that game and the performances he's been putting in lately and Higgins & Cunnington, just electric in the middle. Atley brought the run and carry. Big ticks everywhere for everyone.

That first quarter was some of the best footy on a silver platter.

Impressive turnaround from Shaw, really impressive.

And to top it off we just ruined one teams finals hopes, and basically ruined footy for an entire state.

I liked our forwards, they worked really well tonight and very rarely took away space, leaving one on one contests most of the night.
And we have built this forward line with late pick and rookies. It quite an amazing piece of recruiting.

Brown - Pick 47, after being overlooked in the two previous drafts.
Larkey - Pick 73.
Zurhaar - Rookie Pick 11.
Turner - Rookie Pick 25.

After tonight I'm excited about next season, we played a little differently to previous weeks, taking on the opponent on and playing through the centre, and looked fast, efficient and unlike previous years we didn't take our foot off their throat. Nice to see.

A few goals next week, and Browny should collect his first Coleman.

Last edited:
Looks like fun playing this game when your not getting reamed through the middle. What a way to respond. Now we watch closely to learn whether or not that was just another blip. So glad I went and had the chance to cheer of Scooter.

Now can everyone please agree to NOT use hitout stats to pat Goldy on the back after we get embarrassed in clearances next time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tripod in the rooms.

Yup.

Firitto
Nahas
Aaron Edwards

A couple of other past players floating about for Scooter's last home game, too.

Was a great vibe in there tonight.

Commentators pretty sure the game style was overhauled compared to last week. It certainly appeared so. Would love to find out if that was true because that is a big tick for Shaw.

I’d argue to an extent we didn’t, Geelong setup incredibly well behind the footy - we still tried to hit that 45 last week as evidence by Ziebell/Polec turnovers but in worse conditions.

You come to a clean fast deck, hit those kicks and it goes from there.

Don’t know how insane contested control around the footy indicates a overhaul of gameplan. We won it and didn’t let them have it

Only negative is that we jumped two spots which affects draft pick and also puts us in the middle group for the fixture.
Can’t add much more.

Dumont’s switch from the wing and attending centre clearances a bit more than usual did him wonders.

Games to quick for him in the first half, always seems to be more effective in second halves. Was good in the centre although lacks penetration with his handpasses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back