Votes: 18 6.8%
  • Richmond 10 to <30

Votes: 97 36.6%
  • Richmond by 30+

Votes: 41 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's assuming goal kicking accuracy isn't influenced by playing poorly in general, particularly not being able to handle pressure, real or perceived. Goal kicking accuracy is hugely influenced by game style and mindset.
Agreed. But we've been poor all year and finished 2nd. I said before I think it's because we play down the wing so much and force harder shots from the boundary. IDK

But at the same time missing gettable set shots isn't because of game style

It's a shame you will miss out on the big day

Maybe we will...maybe we wont. West Coast are a good side and we will probably have them in the Prelim. The fact is both sides would beat the pies at the moment and good luck to you as you will need it.

The Tigers slipped to the right side of the draw in 2017 when we avoided Adelaide until the big day when they were killing sides.

And on the Pies side... I'm pretty scared of GWS. They have everyone back at the right time. We just lost De Goey and Greenwood. They will probably even get Coniglio back with some miracle recovery just in time for us too... GWS are definitely due to make an impact. They have the talent there, and the finals experience, and finals heartache. Wouldn't be surprised to see them make the grand final to be brutally honest. Can't see them beating Collingwood and Richmond back to back at the G though in consecutive weeks. We'll most likely soften them up for you, if they do get through.
Lions will bounce back next week I reckon, thought they did ok tonight but got a bit overwhelmed in their first final. Our 2nd half was as good as any we have played including 2017 and we would have done the same to most sides. They’ll be better next week.

Agreed. But we've been poor all year and finished 2nd. I said before I think it's because we play down the wing so much and force harder shots from the boundary. IDK

But at the same time missing gettable set shots isn't because of game style
My comment about Brisbane being no match for Richmond tonight was mostly a comment on this game specifically rather than your whole year.
Missing gettable shots on goal is mostly mind and composure. Creating more gettable shots vs hard shots on goal is game style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West coast will be very formidable, much tougher than giants or lions. You never get handed the cup, anything can happen.

But West Coast would have to come to Melbourne 3 times..

Geelong - Richmond - Grand Final. Would they even bother going back? or just set up camp in Melbourne for 3 weeks?

But West Coast would have to come to Melbourne 3 times..

Geelong - Richmond - Grand Final. Would they even bother going back? or just set up camp in Melbourne for 3 weeks?

Latter would make more sense...but they have their routines etc. We're used to travelling so won't be an issue.

Latter would make more sense...but they have their routines etc. We're used to travelling so won't be an issue.

Still a tough ask. It would be truly remarkable if West Coast got up and won the flag with 6 flights within 3 weeks. But I supposes GWS is in the exact same situation, but it would be Brisbane - Collingwood - Grand Final.

I think you're implying we lost tonight because we were inexperienced in finals? It's pretty obvious we were up to the finals theatre through out intensity and ability to match Richmond around the ground.

Goal kicking has been a problem all year (in non-finals btw). I'm getting the sense it's because we like to play down the wing, and thus create tougher shots for ourselves. idk tho
You have one under your belt. I'll back you against GWS at home.

Can't see you losing it from here, you will smash the west coast and go and win the gf,may as well hand you the cup now.
Ok coming from a bloke that was trolling us early on in the game. Nice reverse psychology. Pies in the box seat with the good side of the draw.

Back