Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setterfield's is my favourite, I just love watching the Crows player stagger through after the body he was going to hit is no longer there.

Both courageous. Setterfield's sets up a scoring opportunity, but I like how SPS was absolutely ready to take a big hit for the team, going against traffic to not only stop an early Adelaide scoring opportunity but set up a rebound the other way and set the tone for the game. These two and J Silvagni really announced themselves through the back half of the year / since Teague took over in my opinion. I know we saw glimpses of SPS before but his Simpson-esque move as a rebounder from the backline gave him a specific role to make his own in my opinion and toughened him up with the accountability aspect.

I still doubt cap-space is really an issue for us anyway, so if paying Betts lots of $$$ is less of an issue than how much he'd cost to get over and the benefit he'd bring. IF the club thinks he can play a good on-field role, transition into an off-field one, and won't cost big assets to get, I've not problem "over" paying him financially for the short term. They're all variables to be traded off against one another.

I still doubt cap-space is really an issue for us anyway, so if paying Betts lots of $$$ is less of an issue than how much he'd cost to get over and the benefit he'd bring. IF the club thinks he can play a good on-field role, transition into an off-field one, and won't cost big assets to get, I've not problem "over" paying him financially for the short term. They're all variables to be traded off against one another.
Yep, if the Crows don't pay any of the coin, we get him cheaper in the trade. Happy with that as it is short term and won't hurt us with any free agents in the future.

But not sure we need both Betts and Papley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good for us.

Time away from the club? He is gone.

G O N E gone.

Hopefully we get the Papley deal done early.
Papley deal hopefully day 1 to provide the amunition for Sydney and then turn around to GC and be like sorry, we don't have any first rounders, will you take this second for the out of contract player who has nominated us? Oh you will? Lovely.

Then re-asses and see where we can fling the rest of our trade capital at.

Papley deal hopefully day 1 to provide the amunition for Sydney and then turn around to GC and be like sorry, we don't have any first rounders, will you take this second for the out of contract player who has nominated us? Oh you will? Lovely.

Then re-asses and see where we can fling the rest of our trade capital at.
Papley deal would be very late I would think. Essendon having an involvement with Daniher and dodoro getting involved will slow proceedings down.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, if the Crows don't pay any of the coin, we get him cheaper in the trade. Happy with that as it is short term and won't hurt us with any free agents in the future.

But not sure we need both Betts and Papley
I would prefer to have Betts and Papley than Le Bois and Lang.

Even if Betts doesn't play AFL he will make Papley (and Cunginham, Fisher and Martin) better players.

Papley deal would be very late I would think. Essendon having an involvement with Daniher and dodoro getting involved will slow proceedings down.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Depends if it is a 3 way deal or we just deal direct with the swans.

The Swans might just prefer to do a deal early with us and then simply say to the bombers this is what we have, rather than allow the bombers to make both deals more complicated.

Depends if it is a 3 way deal or we just deal direct with the swans.

The Swans might just prefer to do a deal early with us and then simply say to the bombers this is what we have, rather than allow the bombers to make both deals more complicated.

Either way, you would think it should be a fairly simple deal to complete. Im betting on it dragging out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back